IGNORED

Can someone explain to me.....

Lez

Why BOTH Barnsley players weren't sent off?

Massengo was kicked off the ball a deliberate attempt to injury and was just kicked. Violent conduct should be a red card.

Then mowatt 2 feet off the ground and not even spoken to.

Poor refereeing.

1 minute ago, Lez said:

Massengo was kicked off the ball a deliberate attempt to injury and was just kicked. Violent conduct should be a red card.

Poor refereeing.

Ref let everything go all game. Weak. 

But so we're we. 

I do think we go down too easy (Johnson tactic) looking for cheap set plays and then when we get proper fowled its like oh he must be going down soft again. 

The tackle (second one) on Massengo was really shocking and could have put him out for the season with a different contact.

7 minutes ago, Lez said:

Poor refereeing.

With the standard of refereeing we see week in week out I cannot believe you expect anything less?

Just now, hantsred said:

I do think we go down too easy (Johnson tactic) looking for cheap set plays and then when we get proper fowled its like oh he must be going down soft again. 

The tackle (second one) on Massengo was really shocking and could have put him out for the season with a different contact.

Hopefully he’ll face some action from the FA, as it wasn’t dealt with on the pitch. Doubt it though. Say it quietly, but VAR would have seen them both off.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Poor on the ball. Superb off the ball

I don’t see it, runs around a lot pressing on his own and not with the rest of the team leaving massive gaps. Never seems to really break up the play either by making interceptions and gets bullied off it. 

Will be a great player one day but doesn’t look up to it yet to be honest.

3 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

I don’t see it, runs around a lot pressing on his own and not with the rest of the team leaving massive gaps. Never seems to really break up the play either by making interceptions and gets bullied off it. 

7 ball recoveries tonight. That’s a lot. Surprised you can’t see how good he is. 

8 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Looked out of his depth first half. Improved a lot in the second

1 hour ago, Lez said:

Poor refereeing.

Hard to answer this one but feel we brought it on ourselves,when you have brownhill making out he has been sliced in half by a chainsaw in other games and Watkins today being shot in the back by a sniper after having his top tugged then being a ref is a bloody hard job,and don’t think they don’t study games before hand because they do

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

7 ball recoveries tonight. That’s a lot. Surprised you can’t see how good he is. 

Failed to break up Barnsley counters numerous times in the first half, leaving us looking in the lurch. Added to the fact he seems to give the ball away about 3/4 times a match, not making for great reading. 

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Looked out of his depth first half. Improved a lot in the second

That I would agree with! 

9 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

Failed to break up Barnsley counters numerous times in the first half, leaving us looking in the lurch. Added to the fact he seems to give the ball away about 3/4 times a match, not making for great reading. 

That I would agree with! 

If a player only gives the ball away 3 or 4 times in a game then that's a very decent return.

4 hours ago, hantsred said:

Turkish: Well the rabbit gets ******.
Tommy: [pauses] Proper ******?
Turkish: Yes, before "Zee Germans" get there.

6 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Hopefully he’ll face some action from the FA, as it wasn’t dealt with on the pitch. Doubt it though. Say it quietly, but VAR would have seen them both off.

Not a chance, Ref booked the guy that swing a kick there fore he saw the incident. The only way anything comes of it is, the Ref sees it again and realises he didn't see how bad it was and flags it up. Otherwise nothing. 

6 hours ago, hantsred said:

Nonsense , how many times have we seen players buy free kicks ? Watkins is fouled, but if he doesn't make a meal of it do we get the free kick? Doubtful. I would say we are generally the opposite, specially when it comes proper robust challenges, City tend to get on with it when other teams role around and get sympathy from the Ref. I don't like it , but until there is a clampdown we are stuck with it. 

21 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Nonsense , how many times have we seen players buy free kicks ? Watkins is fouled, but if he doesn't make a meal of it do we get the free kick? Doubtful. I would say we are generally the opposite, specially when it comes proper robust challenges, City tend to get on with it when other teams role around and get sympathy from the Ref. I don't like it , but until there is a clampdown we are stuck with it. 

This is true. In this game we had CoD staying on his feet when being fouled (ok, he took a dive when he lost control) and then Williams, when he clattered the advertising boards and Massengo both getting on with the game. We were ahead both times too. Nieve? Maybe, but I like to think we're better than some of the time wasting efforts we see. 

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Not a chance, Ref booked the guy that swing a kick there fore he saw the incident. The only way anything comes of it is, the Ref sees it again and realises he didn't see how bad it was and flags it up. Otherwise nothing. 

Sorry, didn’t make myself obvious. I meant for the second tackle, where no card was given.

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Sorry, didn’t make myself obvious. I meant for the second tackle, where no card was given.

Ah, ok.

I have a feeling that nothing will be done, horrible bit of play by a nasty little team. Worse as you watch it over. 
If there was any justice, which there isn't , the Ref would revisit the first violent kick, and then look harshly at the second attempted mugging.

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

If reviewed, both players should have received cards. The first kick was bad. The  2 footed lunge that followed was dangerous, reckless and if there was VAR at this level, would be a red. 

However as we know all too well, don’t count on retrospective justice from the EFL or the FA...

Archived