IGNORED

Substitutions

ohhhshauntaylor

Was just about to post something similar. Johnson tends to just make throwaway subs for the sake of it. 

I dont know why Taylor Moore has to come off all the time, we look better at the back when he plays. Think he might be somewhat of an easy target, but I bet Johnson will make something up like he had a knock.

We also would've benefited from using subs at the end of the game to slow it down and waste time like every other top team does.

3 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Don’t know why Semenyo was brought on ahead of Rodri. Surely Rodri was more the type of player needed then. Maybe Moore was carrying a knock, giving the benefit of the doubt.

He always gets subbed. Doubt he was injured.

LJ really loves shaking shit up for no reason at times doesn’t he. Making subs for the sake of it. 

Why oh why you change your defensive line up if it’s not injury-related, god only knows. Also left Palmer off who would’ve totally taken the sting out the game. 

Forced into a sub, Eliasson changed the game. The subs in the second half cost us the game Imo if Moore coming off wasn’t because he was injured

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

I hope for his sake that Moore was injured. I bet he wasn't though.

Watkins coming off made sense.

Watkins understandable given his lack of game time- Semenyo is evidently no where near ready for this, and certainly not one who looks up for the fight of holding it up etc. 

bizarre. 

Both are perfectly logical and reasonable. 

Baker to help deal with the long balls and throws coming in.

Semenyo to provide energy and an outlet up front when Watkins had stopped doing that.

People are going to search for reasons why we conceded, and why we were bad, it wasn't subs. We weren't good before the subs either. It was marking at a corner, letting a giant centre back have a free run into the box. That's not substitutions. That's awful game planning or a lack of communication.

And it was a lack of quality throughout the team. We couldn't retain possession, create chances, or see out a two goal lead against the worst team in the league. That's not substitutions either.

We got worse after the subs.

Watkins had battled well but was tiring. I was surprised, though, that Rodri wasn’t brought on - based on what I’ve seen of him he can hold the ball up well and that is something we definitely needed. Semenyo has been struggling and offered little again. 

Not sure why Taylor Moore was taken off. 

31 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Both are perfectly logical and reasonable. 

Baker to help deal with the long balls and throws coming in.

Semenyo to provide energy and an outlet up front when Watkins had stopped doing that.

People are going to search for reasons why we conceded, and why we were bad, it wasn't subs. We weren't good before the subs either. It was marking at a corner, letting a giant centre back have a free run into the box. That's not substitutions. That's awful game planning or a lack of communication.

And it was a lack of quality throughout the team. We couldn't retain possession, create chances, or see out a two goal lead against the worst team in the league. That's not substitutions either.

we didnt need Baker to deal with long balls and throws, we could have done that ourselves if we concentrated on holding onto the ball for a bit!

I do agree with your point that we were'nt good before the subs though

Semenyo is miles away from being ready at this level and in this game was a waste of a sub. He is not a out and out striker and his ball retention is awful. The game was crying out for someone to keep hold of it so Rodri/Palmer would have been the better choice. I still can't get why LJ decided to make a double sub when we've gone 2 up.....bizarre imo. We lost our shape almost immediately and handed the initiative straight back to them and gave them a way back into the game.

Archived