IGNORED

Told you so

Tammyjr

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Tonight in fairness you have to question LJ and his decisions. 

As I have done for god knows how long 

our game management doesn’t improve: 2-0 up with 20 to go against bottom of the league. Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for it 

Granted it’s the players on the pitch but as a coach, our game management just doesn’t improve 

spineless 

Just now, Andy082005 said:

As I have done for god knows how long 

our game management doesn’t improve: 2-0 up with 20 to go against bottom of the league. Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for it 

Granted it’s the players on the pitch but as a coach, our game management just doesn’t improve 

spineless 

Yep - I'm with you. I'm getting dog's abuse on the match forum for expressing just this sentiment...but much as I'd like to think it wasn't the case you are spot on.

Just now, Red Exile said:

Yep - I'm with you. I'm getting dog's abuse on the match forum for expressing just this sentiment...but much as I'd like to think it wasn't the case you are spot on.

That's not true.

You were getting abuse for saying the manager should be sacked.

A reaction completely disproportionate to reality, where despite the fact this was a poor result, our injury ravaged side is 5th.

45 minutes ago, Tammyjr said:

I rest my case your honour? ?????

You and me both, the minute they pulled one back with 15 minutes to go I announced to the assembled masses we will concede in added time to draw two all, they laughed well their not laughing now as Bob Monkhouse used to say don't you just hate being right I know I do I'm gutted!

14 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

That's not true.

You were getting abuse for saying the manager should be sacked.

A reaction completely disproportionate to reality, where despite the fact this was a poor result, our injury ravaged side is 5th.

...but why, however disproportionate it might be considered, would I be getting abuse? I'm frustrated. Wouldn't all City fans be frustrated? Three matches against beatable sides and we get two draws and a 98th minute, and rather fortunate, win. 

I'm afraid I don't rate Lee Johnson. He's never achieved a promotion as a manager. I consider him a perfectly nice man but a bit of a golden child...and very lucky to have had the career he has. As a manager his sides look fragile. He goes on long losing streaks. I'm happy for others to think otherwise...but I don't rate him. I'm sorry if it's inconvenient to read that.

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

You and me both, the minute they pulled one back with 15 minutes to go I announced to the assembled masses we will concede in added time to draw two all, they laughed well their not laughing now as Bob Monkhouse used to say don't you just hate being right I know I do I'm gutted!

me too...hence my annoyance!

1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

...but why, however disproportionate it might be considered, would I be getting abuse? I'm frustrated. Wouldn't all City fans be frustrated? Three matches against beatable sides and we get two draws and a 98th minute, and rather fortunate, win. 

I'm afraid I don't rate Lee Johnson. He's never achieve a promotion as a manager. I consider him a perfectly nice man but a bit of a golden child...and very lucky to have had the career he has. As a manager his sides look fragile. He goes on long losing streaks. I'm happy for others to think otherwise...but I don't rate him. I'm sorry if it's inconvenient to read that.

Twice in his career.

Think you'll find every manager experiences those, it's part of football.

Just to reiterate, TWO TIMES.

He's never achieved promotion, he's never been manager of a side expecting the promotion. He was at an Oldham side fighting money issues and lead them to a finish higher than they managed for several years after his time there. He was a key person in Korey Smith joining us (recommending Korey to Cotts). He took Barnsley to Wembley and left with them on the cusp of the playoffs and has improved our league position year on year.

And you want him sacked for having us 5th a third of the way through the season with half a teams worth of starters injured long term.

No, you're right. That's *definitely* a completely reasonable stance....

Did I say my position was 'reasonable'?

It's wholly unreasonable...because I'm a frustrated football supporter. There's nothing reasonable about supporting a football team! I've supported City for over 50 years. I saw us walk off the pitch at the end of our 1979-80 season and would never have believed that so many years later we'd not have made it back to the top flight. We have a quality squad, denuded by injuries I agree, but tonight we had the chance to go 2nd - and completely threw it away...

...beyond frustration. I still don't see why the need for abuse...but I guess that is part of the emotion of it all.

5 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was more disappointed in 1976, after beating Portsmouth to be promoted to the old First Division, we lost the last game of the season, which was at home to Notts County, when we could have gone up as Champions!

******* bottlers! ?

I was there...and yes...?

Archived