IGNORED

Told you so

Tammyjr

10 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Twice in his career.

Think you'll find every manager experiences those, it's part of football.

Just to reiterate, TWO TIMES.

He's never achieved promotion, he's never been manager of a side expecting the promotion. He was at an Oldham side fighting money issues and lead them to a finish higher than they managed for several years after his time there. He was a key person in Korey Smith joining us (recommending Korey to Cotts). He took Barnsley to Wembley and left with them on the cusp of the playoffs and has improved our league position year on year.

And you want him sacked for having us 5th a third of the way through the season with half a teams worth of starters injured long term.

No, you're right. That's *definitely* a completely reasonable stance....

Perfect response.

This place has got nothing on Gaschat sometimes...

Interesting isn’t it.

Just listened to LJs post-match interviews. Absolutely nails it in terms of what went wrong. Word perfect. 

Then you think, hang on mate. We all saw that was going to happen. The difference being you were the one who made the decisions. Be that signing/renewing contracts, today’s tactics and, most of all, those bizarre substitutions. 

Anyhow, let’s hope he’s finally learnt who he can ‘trust’. Let’s hope the coaching addresses patterns of play, midfield keeping their shape, busting an absolute gut to protect a lead etc, etc.

At some stage you have to ask though ....are the players listening?  Have they the football intelligence and ability to deliver?

This Season we need to knock THAT observation ‘he talks a good game, but fails to deliver’ firmly on the head. 

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Interesting isn’t it.

Just listened to LJs post-match interviews. Absolutely nails it in terms of what went wrong. Word perfect. 

Then you think, hang on mate. We all saw that was going to happen. The difference being you were the one who made the decisions. Be that signing/renewing contracts, today’s tactics and, most of all, those bizarre substitutions. 

Anyhow, let’s hope he’s finally learnt who he can ‘trust’. Let’s hope the coaching addresses patterns of play, midfield keeping their shape, busting an absolute gut to protect a lead etc, etc.

At some stage you have to ask though ....are the players listening?  Have they the football intelligence and ability to deliver?

This Season we need to knock THAT observation that quote ‘he talks a good game, but fails to deliver’ on the head. 

Top post - but woe betide you if you suggest that he's not up to making the decisions...

...which I'm personally not sure his record suggests he is.

Others, of course, will disagree...as they are perfectly free to do.

6 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

could be 2nd

The difference between 2nd and 5th or even 10th for that matter , means absolutely jack shite in November.. Ok we chucked it away tonight. i say get over it and let's do Cardiff next week (long over due on their patch) but I believe we can do it.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

The difference between 2nd and 5th or even 10th for that matter , means absolutely jack shite in November.. Ok we chucked it away tonight. i say get over it and let's do Cardiff next week (long over due on their patch) but I believe we can do it.

agree we are due a win over Cardiff and also agree with it does not matter in November just feel like we have a great chance this year,i feel if we can keep within the pack with players coming back we will be very close at the end

1 hour ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was more disappointed in 1976, after beating Portsmouth to be promoted to the old First Division, we lost the last game of the season, which was at home to Notts County, when we could have gone up as Champions!

******* bottlers

And we only scored just the one goal in our new season opener up the Arse.  

Massive injury list yet somehow we seem to be holding our own at the right end of the table.... massive improvements definitely needed... our formation at times seem thrown together.. getting away with a lot in which is a very open division this year!! I just hope we aren’t relying on our injured players too much when we are at full strength because it will take them a while to settle back in...we may be improving our finishing position in the table each season but as a spectator it doesn’t feel like much has changed in the way we play .. Inconsistent !! 

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

5th in Championship after a third of the season........how shit.

Yes it's great, but even you must have to admit it could and some would say should be so much better, come on Luton, Wigan and now bottom of the table and only won once all season Barnsley, we can be a bit p****d off can't we?

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why are you being so aggressive?

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

3 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

I praise the team when they do well. And I'm hardly the only one who vented some frustration after the last-minute equaliser. Loads of people did. Anyway I'm over it now - onto the next game

7 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

Disappointing tonight though wasn't it? 

Watching this evening it was difficult to know which team was bottom of the league and struggling for results and confidence and which team was challenging for automatic promotion. 

If it wasn't for Bentley and the post we could have been 3 down before they gifted us our opener

We struggled to string 2 passes together and failed to keep the ball when required. We had no creativity going forward. 

We failed to hold on to a 2 goal lead against the worst side in the league. 

These are cold, hard, obvious weaknesses. It's going to take a long time for injured players to come back and be match fit so it needs to improve quickly. The performances against Wigan, Luton and last night were unacceptable. 

Anyone that thinks that we are going to stroll into the play offs with this current form is wearing rose tinted glasses. 

Johnson needs to show again that he has the intelligence, experience and ability to get the best from these players or I fear we could see another mid season slump coming. 

The good thing is that this league is wide open and pretty average in quality this season. Only time will tell if we have the ability to challenge. 

3 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Watching this evening it was difficult to know which team was bottom of the league and struggling for results and confidence and which team was challenging for automatic promotion. 

If it wasn't for Bentley and the post we could have been 3 down before they gifted us our opener

We struggled to string 2 passes together and failed to keep the ball when required. We had no creativity going forward. 

We failed to hold on to a 2 goal lead against the worst side in the league. 

These are cold, hard, obvious weaknesses. It's going to take a long time for injured players to come back and be match fit so it needs to improve quickly. The performances against Wigan, Luton and last night were unacceptable. 

Anyone that thinks that we are going to stroll into the play offs with this current form is wearing rose tinted glasses. 

Johnson needs to show again that he has the intelligence, experience and ability to get the best from these players or I fear we could see another mid season slump coming. 

The good thing is that this league is wide open and pretty average in quality this season. Only time will tell if we have the ability to challenge. 

No no, the only people thinking we are supposed/going to stroll into the play offs are the ones so angry/delighted we gave up the lead yesterday and now saying LJ needs to go.

The people who are 'wearing rose tinted glasses' are the ones saying calm down, we're missing 6/7 first team players from injury and we are still in the play off positions - worst case still top half if all results go against us today.

Archived