IGNORED

Told you so

Tammyjr

13 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

What we have been doing for the 60 years I have been going down the Gate, you young uns have got a lot more to put up with supporting City, my bl**dy hair has turned grey over the years following them :city:??:city:??:city:

6 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Sadly not - we've got some right planks that make a noise every time we don't win the champions league ? 

No grew up on the east end & st John's lane area of Bedminster thanks , just saying we are not a top six side , dropping 4pts in a week not strong enough? ????

3 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

What we have been doing for the 60 years I have been going down the Gate, you young uns have got a lot more to put up with supporting City, my bl**dy hair has turned grey over the years following them 

You’re a long term City supporter of 60 years and Im a long term City supporter of 52 years but that doesn’t make us ‘better’ supporters than those who haven’t been thru/seen the same dismal times as we have. 

To me things are as good now than they’ve ever been. The redevelopment of AG, the gradual progress on the pitch, decent enough finances.......Hopefully those ‘newer’ City supporters will never have to experience the same shitty times that we have....

17 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

As I have done for god knows how long 

our game management doesn’t improve: 2-0 up with 20 to go against bottom of the league. Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for it 

Granted it’s the players on the pitch but as a coach, our game management just doesn’t improve 

spineless 

Except that it does (improve). Look at goals conceded last 15 mins plus injury time.  In LJs  first season we were the 4th worst in the league. 6th worst the following season. Best in the league last season, and 9th so far this season. 

17 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was more disappointed in 1976, after beating Portsmouth to be promoted to the old First Division, we lost the last game of the season, which was at home to Notts County, when we could have gone up as Champions!

******* bottlers! ?

The team were up and went out on a massive bender (which they did quite a bit in those days). By the time the Notts County fixture came along there was a few sore heads!

18 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

As I have done for god knows how long 

our game management doesn’t improve: 2-0 up with 20 to go against bottom of the league. Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for it 

Granted it’s the players on the pitch but as a coach, our game management just doesn’t improve 

spineless 

hello...

3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

What we have been doing for the 60 years I have been going down the Gate, you young uns have got a lot more to put up with supporting City, my bl**dy hair has turned grey over the years following them :city:??:city:??:city:

At least you've still got hair, even if it is grey!

22 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Ashton GREAT, my arse. You're a pr1ck. Do one. 

Sick of the negativity on here. Support the team or p1ss off. 

I’m totally with you Craig on your passion and support. Great to see. But, a forum is a space for all people to express their views - not everyone agrees with everything the club does and not everyone is happy with the way things go all of the time.

Telling people to ‘support the team or p1ss off’ means you just want ultra positivity on here all of the time, anyone with alternative views isn’t welcome? That would lead to a bland and boring back-slapping community with self-congratulatory bilge being the order of the day - no passionate debate, no disagreement and no forthright exchange of views - I don’t want that ...

I’d wager that the vast majority of people on here do actually ‘support the team’ and anything negative on here won’t upset the players as I doubt too many of them take any notice of comments placed on this forum.

OTIB is a great platform giving freedom to express all views on Bristol City, both positive and negative - if you stifle that dynamic you are getting into dubious territory in my opinion ...

Archived