Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Tammyjr

Told you so

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

5th in Championship after a third of the season........how shit.

Yes it's great, but even you must have to admit it could and some would say should be so much better, come on Luton, Wigan and now bottom of the table and only won once all season Barnsley, we can be a bit p****d off can't we?

Edited by pillred
Add asterisk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why are you being so aggressive?

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

I praise the team when they do well. And I'm hardly the only one who vented some frustration after the last-minute equaliser. Loads of people did. Anyway I'm over it now - onto the next game

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CiderCraig said:

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

Disappointing tonight though wasn't it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Super said:

Tonight in fairness you have to question LJ and his decisions. 

I can understand why he made the substitutions but it backfired big time. Being a bit thin on the ground at the moment might not have helped his decision making?

Edited by swanker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching this evening it was difficult to know which team was bottom of the league and struggling for results and confidence and which team was challenging for automatic promotion. 

If it wasn't for Bentley and the post we could have been 3 down before they gifted us our opener

We struggled to string 2 passes together and failed to keep the ball when required. We had no creativity going forward. 

We failed to hold on to a 2 goal lead against the worst side in the league. 

These are cold, hard, obvious weaknesses. It's going to take a long time for injured players to come back and be match fit so it needs to improve quickly. The performances against Wigan, Luton and last night were unacceptable. 

Anyone that thinks that we are going to stroll into the play offs with this current form is wearing rose tinted glasses. 

Johnson needs to show again that he has the intelligence, experience and ability to get the best from these players or I fear we could see another mid season slump coming. 

The good thing is that this league is wide open and pretty average in quality this season. Only time will tell if we have the ability to challenge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Sad Gas head still trolling? Pathetic.

Sadly not - we've got some right planks that make a noise every time we don't win the champions league 😕 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Watching this evening it was difficult to know which team was bottom of the league and struggling for results and confidence and which team was challenging for automatic promotion. 

If it wasn't for Bentley and the post we could have been 3 down before they gifted us our opener

We struggled to string 2 passes together and failed to keep the ball when required. We had no creativity going forward. 

We failed to hold on to a 2 goal lead against the worst side in the league. 

These are cold, hard, obvious weaknesses. It's going to take a long time for injured players to come back and be match fit so it needs to improve quickly. The performances against Wigan, Luton and last night were unacceptable. 

Anyone that thinks that we are going to stroll into the play offs with this current form is wearing rose tinted glasses. 

Johnson needs to show again that he has the intelligence, experience and ability to get the best from these players or I fear we could see another mid season slump coming. 

The good thing is that this league is wide open and pretty average in quality this season. Only time will tell if we have the ability to challenge. 

No no, the only people thinking we are supposed/going to stroll into the play offs are the ones so angry/delighted we gave up the lead yesterday and now saying LJ needs to go.

The people who are 'wearing rose tinted glasses' are the ones saying calm down, we're missing 6/7 first team players from injury and we are still in the play off positions - worst case still top half if all results go against us today.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

I don't get your negativity towards a team you're supposed to support. Just back them, stop being such a gloating ####er when we don't fully perform. We're in the play offs, we've lost twice this season. Get a grip, we aren't going to win every game. We win games we shouldn't, we lose (or more likely, draw) games we should. Swings and roundabouts. Just enjoy the ride, but above all, support the ####ing club. 

What we have been doing for the 60 years I have been going down the Gate, you young uns have got a lot more to put up with supporting City, my bl**dy hair has turned grey over the years following them :city:😂🤔:city:😂🤔:city:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Sadly not - we've got some right planks that make a noise every time we don't win the champions league 😕 

No grew up on the east end & st John's lane area of Bedminster thanks , just saying we are not a top six side , dropping 4pts in a week not strong enough? ????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

What we have been doing for the 60 years I have been going down the Gate, you young uns have got a lot more to put up with supporting City, my bl**dy hair has turned grey over the years following them 

You’re a long term City supporter of 60 years and Im a long term City supporter of 52 years but that doesn’t make us ‘better’ supporters than those who haven’t been thru/seen the same dismal times as we have. 

To me things are as good now than they’ve ever been. The redevelopment of AG, the gradual progress on the pitch, decent enough finances.......Hopefully those ‘newer’ City supporters will never have to experience the same shitty times that we have....

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

As I have done for god knows how long 

our game management doesn’t improve: 2-0 up with 20 to go against bottom of the league. Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for it 

Granted it’s the players on the pitch but as a coach, our game management just doesn’t improve 

spineless 

Except that it does (improve). Look at goals conceded last 15 mins plus injury time.  In LJs  first season we were the 4th worst in the league. 6th worst the following season. Best in the league last season, and 9th so far this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

I was more disappointed in 1976, after beating Portsmouth to be promoted to the old First Division, we lost the last game of the season, which was at home to Notts County, when we could have gone up as Champions!

******* bottlers! 🙄

The team were up and went out on a massive bender (which they did quite a bit in those days). By the time the Notts County fixture came along there was a few sore heads!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Tammyjr said:

I rest my case your honour? ?????

You give the impression we should know who you are and what you’ve said in other threads. We don’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

As I have done for god knows how long 

our game management doesn’t improve: 2-0 up with 20 to go against bottom of the league. Sorry, but there is absolutely no excuse for it 

Granted it’s the players on the pitch but as a coach, our game management just doesn’t improve 

spineless 

hello...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

What we have been doing for the 60 years I have been going down the Gate, you young uns have got a lot more to put up with supporting City, my bl**dy hair has turned grey over the years following them :city:😂🤔:city:😂🤔:city:

At least you've still got hair, even if it is grey!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tammyjr said:

No grew up on the east end & st John's lane area of Bedminster thanks , just saying we are not a top six side , dropping 4pts in a week not strong enough? ????

I have no idea who you are nor why you think I was talking about you... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

Ashton GREAT, my arse. You're a pr1ck. Do one. 

Sick of the negativity on here. Support the team or p1ss off. 

I’m totally with you Craig on your passion and support. Great to see. But, a forum is a space for all people to express their views - not everyone agrees with everything the club does and not everyone is happy with the way things go all of the time.

Telling people to ‘support the team or p1ss off’ means you just want ultra positivity on here all of the time, anyone with alternative views isn’t welcome? That would lead to a bland and boring back-slapping community with self-congratulatory bilge being the order of the day - no passionate debate, no disagreement and no forthright exchange of views - I don’t want that ...

I’d wager that the vast majority of people on here do actually ‘support the team’ and anything negative on here won’t upset the players as I doubt too many of them take any notice of comments placed on this forum.

OTIB is a great platform giving freedom to express all views on Bristol City, both positive and negative - if you stifle that dynamic you are getting into dubious territory in my opinion ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...