IGNORED

Famara

Nathandao

He gets slated on here but I’m going to be honest. If he plays, we win tonight. Watkins did alright but the holdup play and extra big man in the box defending corners would have been the difference. When he doesn’t play, we miss him. When he comes back from suspension, we need to stop making him the scapegoat for all our problems because as we’ve seen tonight and against Wigan, he is clearly not the problem.

1 minute ago, Nathandao said:

He gets slated on here but I’m going to be honest. If he plays, we win tonight. Watkins did alright but the holdup play and extra big man in the box defending corners would have been the difference. When he doesn’t play, we miss him. When he comes back from suspension, we need to stop making him the scapegoat for all our problems because as we’ve seen tonight and against Wigan, he is clearly not the problem.

Who the f@*k do you think you are spouting that sort of common sense on here?

1 minute ago, Nathandao said:

I get your point, but not being able to play tonight was entirely his own fault.

A target man/strong forward who can out muscle defenders and hold the ball up well is definately what we're missing. Whether Fam is the answer I dont know, but when we have nothing else up front (which highlights the issue) and he's all we have in the squad that fits some of what we need then we do miss him, yes. But he's still frustrating to watch.

Bring on January.

9 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

agree

53 minutes ago, hollydog said:

And effective at defending corners. Three conceded from corners since he was suspended. 

Yes - his defensive work is overlooked.  He seems to get more than his fair share of headers back there and gives us additional height and physicality.

If we play him then he needs to play on his own with Weimann and Eliasson wide. This forum has invented a myth that Diedhiou is much better with a partner. Him and Weimman is awful. Can't see who else partners him any better so let's not bother.

If we play Fam then let's go back to the 4141 that got us 15 games unbeaten last season. It may work better with 3 much better midfielders than what we had last season.

Nagy, Brownhill and Massengo much better than Pack, Pato and Brownhill. Maybe Fam gets more support from our 3 more mobile midfielders we have now.

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

If we play him then he needs to play on his own with Weimann and Eliasson wide. This forum has invented a myth that Diedhiou is much better with a partner. Him and Weimman is awful. Can't see who else partners him any better so let's not bother.

If we play Fam then let's go back to the 4141 that got us 15 games unbeaten last season. It may work better with 3 much better midfielders than what we had last season.

Nagy, Brownhill and Massengo much better than Pack, Pato and Brownhill. Maybe Fam gets more support from our 3 more mobile midfielders we have now.

No no no no. One up front is a disgrace apparently. I've seen it written on here. 

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Agree 4141 plus JJT had a good point his height and solid build is always good in the box when opposing teams take corners. He was missed last night.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

He has a better goal per game ratio in the championship than Afobe, for what it’s worth.

Interesting but I’d rather have Afobe based on what I’ve seen. Harsh to judge Afobe in that joke Stoke team last year. 

With Afobe and Fammy as backup I was really happy with the options but without either it’s a shambles up there. 

10 hours ago, Nathandao said:

Before last night, we’d scored the third most in the top six but conceded the second most in the top half.

Unless Fammy is getting drafted in at centre-back we’ve got bigger issues than any forward player.

12 minutes ago, RonWalker said:

Before last night, we’d scored the third most in the top six but conceded the second most in the top half.

Unless Fammy is getting drafted in at centre-back we’ve got bigger issues than any forward player.

Defending is more about defence. We are playing with 2 strikers which may weaken us in numbers defensively.

Archived