IGNORED

Club developed player

old_eastender

So, we have to have at least one club developed player in our match day squad.

To qualify as club developed, a player must have been registered to the club for at least a year before his under 19s season ends.  

Currently Semenyo's inclusion fulfils that, but I'm fed-up with seeing him apparently making no effort at all when on the pitch, so to those that watch our youngsters, surely there must be someone else who could be useful to have on the bench?

3 minutes ago, J-mat said:

He did fine in open play. 

But ducking out at the corner for the first goal was disgraceful. 

I couldn't pick somebody who doesn't have the bollocks to head a football. 

Regardless of ability

Im not so sure he has any of that. 
cant see anything that makes me think playing him is anything other than a stunt to cover the club developed player requirement. 

9 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Bakinson?

Makes Semenyo look like Weimann in terms of effort. Bakinson from the couple of u-23 games I've seen is nowhere near our 18..

Semenyo was the right choice based on last season and our squad needs, just it's a shame he's been garbage along with the injuries in that position..

8 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Thats exactly what I thought, glad someone else saw that

Fam usually takes up that ‘spare man’ role at corners. It’s that man’s job to attack anything that is delivered near. 

Fam clears that. Semenyo stood and watched. 

He also stood and watched the 2nd goal. HNM & COD both got drawn wide. Semi became the only CM. He should’ve had the desire and wherewithal to close space and disrupt that one-two. He just stood and watched. Last minute FFS. Effort man!! 

7 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

There was a hoof ball played towards him around 88 minutes into the corner and he couldn’t even be onside for that to take the pressure off,to use a Roy Keane expression “he’s shit”

That ball should have come one touch earlier in the phase, he made a run and it didn't come when it should have.

Like I say, in open play he was fine. 

Bit ducking that header means he's not a pro footballer yet. 

Watkins isn't great, but he did the basics right and didn't let us down. 

Away from home that's the minimum

Archived