IGNORED

we need a general a leader a horrible midfielder

big dosser

someone who can take the game by the scruff of the neck,

the player we will love everybody else will hate

,the hard tackles that winds you up gets you off your seat and makes you feel your out there with him

and most of all the player that commands full respect from everyone

that's what we are missing

10 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

,the hard tackles that winds you up gets you off your seat and makes you feel your out there with him

Roy Keane?

20 minutes ago, forestofdean said:

Gattuso 

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Everyone seems to be pinning their hopes on Nagy, but the bloke's only played one game. He might turn out to be not much cop. Besides, his playing for Hungary when he wasn't fit is costing us this season. That's not on really. 

Saw enough of him away at Birmingham and home to QPR to know that this lad is quality, and would be probably one of the best in his position in this league.

Our midfield has been crying out for experience and strength this season. Selling a Pack made sense when Nagy arrived but it’s come back to bite us, given Nagy’s injury record especially compared to Marlon who was pretty much an “ever-present”. 

Charlton brought on Darren Pratley last week and he is exactly what we need right now Experienced pro, tall, strong and attack-minded but still able to defend. Left Bolton last season for nothing...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Unfortunately, when we talk about a general, a leader and a horrible midfielder - no-one will ever come close to this geezer ... #TrueBristolCityLegend ...

BF0C160D-6D7A-41C2-84A0-F11BC033113B.jpeg

Don't think I will see anyone in a City shirt  who comes close to GG in my lifetime.

The absolute heartbeat of that team and a far better footballer than just a  hard tackling terrier ( which he definitely was!) as which he is often  described.

2 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Don't think I will see anyone in a City shirt  who comes close to GG in my lifetime.

The absolute heartbeat of that team and a far better footballer than just a  hard tackling terrier ( which he definitely was!) as which he is often  described.

very sad that gg was before my time so I have only ever seen youtube clips of him.

for me as a young lad would have to be bobby Hutchinson,biff and the nutcase Glyn Humphries

Just now, forestofdean said:

very sad that gg was before my time so I have only ever seen youtube clips of him.

for me as a young lad would have to be bobby Hutchinson,biff and the nutcase Glyn Humphries

Gow was fearless and would go in hard in the days when you could. These days he would be lucky to survive the warm up!

He was a box to box player, could run with the ball and got in the box and scored a fair few as a result.

Think Tommy Doc with pace, stamina and more ability - it's close but still not enough.

Hard when we have so many injuries. Taylor Moore looks like he can do a job in there. I know he can play there, and could probably sit and do a decent job alongside Massengo if Josh is out.

Archived