IGNORED

2+ leads blown under LJ

Alex_BCFC

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Or we will up our game as injured first teamers return and we bring in one or two quality additions in January.

:disapointed2se:

Or will that simply give Mr Johnson more options with which to tinker? It would appear that the more players he has, the more uncertain he becomes as to what is his best side.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

5th is a total false position and not just because of our extra game. We have had a run of easy games and haven’t cashed in. We’ll start drifting down the table now as we start playing better teams

We are 5th because of the points we have and nothing else. Its how leagues work and unless you've got a crystal ball how do you know we'll slide down the table ?

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

5th is a total false position and not just because of our extra game. We have had a run of easy games and haven’t cashed in. We’ll start drifting down the table now as we start playing better teams

You make that sound like a fact as that’s more of a statement than a prediction. 

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How many of those have we messed up? Seems a lot and I don’t think we’ve come back many times from 2 down to offset it...I’m sure someone out there has the stats on this...

For me it appears that LJ thinks its job done when we're ahead and then tries to shore things up. How often do we go 2 up and then press on to score 4 or 5. That doesn't happen with LJs teams.

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I’m not interested in that - I’m talking about 2 goal leads thrown away by LJ during his time here. 

Interesting perspective, so lay the blame squarely at LJ’s door..! Whilst ignoring all the positive things that have happened during his time here..! 

I see The Gas are currently leading away to Rochdale... They're sure to win this one after going 2 nil up inside the first 15mins....  OK as we all know Rovers aren't exactly a very professional outfit but never the less it's very unlikely as a pro team to throw away a two goal advantage, three points to The Gas! 

Its hard to imagine any pro team being incompetent enough to throw away such a lead on the road, nah, it'll never happen.

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I see The Gas are currently leading away to Rochdale... They're sure to win this one after going 2 nil up inside the first 15mins....  OK as we all know Rovers aren't exactly a very professional outfit but never the less it's very unlikely as a pro team to throw away a two goal advantage, three points to The Gas! 

Its hard to imagine any pro team being incompetent enough to throw away such a lead on the road, nah, it'll never happen.

You make it sound as though we are the only team to have been pegged back from being 2-0 up. 
It happens regularly. Get over it! 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Interesting perspective, so lay the blame squarely at LJ’s door..! Whilst ignoring all the positive things that have happened during his time here..! 

You have misunderstood me - I’m not an LJ out or hater. I’m just wondering what the stats are cos there seems to be a high amount of two goal or more leads thrown away compared to other managers.

My view on LJ is he is a good manager who has had a bit of back luck this season with injuries. He seems to have addressed the losing runs issue ?. I’m hopeful he can get us to the PL.

11 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How many of those have we messed up? Seems a lot and I don’t think we’ve come back many times from 2 down to offset it...I’m sure someone out there has the stats on this...

Given that Strictly's on the tele, I looked it up on Soccerbase and the answer is eight times.

• 1 November 2019: Barnsley (a) - 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 28 September 2019: Preston (a) - 2-0 up, 3-3
  • 10 February 2018: Sunderland (h) - 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 18 February 2018: Leeds (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 25 February 2017: Newcastle (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 11 February 2017: Derby (a) 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 2 January 2017: Reading (h) 2-0 up, lost 3-2
  • 13 September 2016: Sheff Weds (a) 2-0 up, lost 3-2

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Given that Strictly's on the tele, I looked it up on Soccerbase and the answer is eight times.

Weren't we 2 up at Norwich last season before losing 3-2?

25 minutes ago, tin said:

Nope. We were 1-0 up, then 2-1 up and lost 3-2. 

24 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Nah Norwich equalised then we scored 30 seconds later

Wasn't absolutely sure, so thanks for the correction guys.

1 hour ago, tin said:

I was surprised to read this thread because after the game last night I thought to myself we are more likely to come back into a game than lose it from a lead these days.

So averaging about 3 a season, hardly an unusually high amount IMO. 

3 hours ago, tin said:

LJ learnt from his Dad! Either that or he still is not up to the job - you pick the best performing players if you are a good head coach, if you are crap at the job you pick your faves and wait until the games gone and send on the players who should have started in the first place!

11 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I was surprised to read this thread because after the game last night I thought to myself we are more likely to come back into a game than lose it from a lead these days.

Not to mention that one time was over three years ago, three were over a bad period almost three years ago and two more were over a difficult period almost two years ago.

We did not throwaway a two goal lead at all last season and I think I remember we were one of the better teams in the league at recovering from losing positions.

Even with twice this season, we are still talking twice in the last season and a half. In short, you need to stretch your neck a long way back to see any kind of pattern here.

So I don’t understand this thread at all. I feel all we have learned is teams occasionally throw away two goal leads and that sometimes includes us. Not much of a revelation.

13 hours ago, tin said:

We were also 3-1 and 4-2 up against Hull and drew 5-5, you must have been distracted by Strictly ?

15 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I'm pretty sure those are pretty high amounts - once a season sounds about right to me?

Maybe from 1-0 down we are better at coming back but certainly not 2.

Archived