IGNORED

We go again

Honiton Tony

2 hours ago, Honiton Tony said:

Can't stand "always believe" either......but then I'm a miserable old git

Yep - thank God that awful ‘we’re Bristol City, we always believe’ song seems to have died down a bit - I used to think replacing it with ‘we’re Bristol City, we’re f@cking naive..’ was a bit more apt at the time ...

2 hours ago, Honiton Tony said:

Can't stand "always believe" either......but then I'm a miserable old git

Or “this is a difficult place to get a result” which is EVERY ground, apparently.

So, by the law of averages, where are the EASY places to get a result ?

EDIT : was meant to reply to wendyredredrobin

I think it's the right attitude.  Gary Johnson used to talk about blocks of games rather than single games.

You get an off day, the opposition gets an on day and you lose.  It happens.

What matters is getting, say, seven points from each block of five games even if within each block you have a couple of shockers.

All the points count the same after all; we get the same one point from a draw with Barnsley as we would a draw with Leeds.  So you shouldn't be turning cartwheels for drawing with Leeds or letting your weekend be ruined for drawing with Barnsley.

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

You are all right, what he should say is “we will dwell on our past mistakes and realise we are not good enough, so we will just give up like a section of our fan base seem to do when things don’t go their way”

Deserves more than one “like” emoji. 
I kind of wish LJ would come out one game, after a defeat, and say “that was just to keep some of the otib forum users happy and give some of the others things to moan about, because being in the top 6, with half our first team out of contention, clearly isn’t good enough for them!” 

Archived