IGNORED

How proud can we be tammy

Ayteomike2

He was always going to be amazing. We helped maybe speed up his progress but he was always going to be a top top player. Ridiculous how young he still is and how good he is. Hopefully he can go onto that next elite level of world class and compete with Kane for the england number 9.

1 hour ago, Ayteomike2 said:

How proud can we be every time we see tammy playing for Chelsea obviously Lampard sees something in him and I think he's going to have a fantastic carreer and yes we've played our part we should be proud 

I’m not proud at all when I hear he has played for Chelsea just like I’m not proud of Danny rose playing for spurs and England

8 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I’m not proud at all when I hear he has played for Chelsea just like I’m not proud of Danny rose playing for spurs and England

It’s was enjoyable when Tammy was with us shame about Rose though, didn’t see a lot in him. 

We played a small, but vital part in his development . His first loan could have set him back, but I think LJ and the squad were a good fit and good all round move.  I do remember around midseason where I did start to question if he was going to be THAT good. Then about a month later there was a marked improvement in hold up play strength, he just looked to have stepped up very quickly. 
I always look out for him, he did play for us after all, not sure it's pride though just a small link .

I follow Tammy's career not just because he was excellent for us, but he seems a likeable young man. Something that is often not the case in those who are young and earning an absolute fortune.

I never doubted for one minute that he could play at the level he now is. 

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I follow Tammy's career not just because he was excellent for us, but he seems a likeable young man. Something that is often not the case in those who are young and earning an absolute fortune.

I never doubted for one minute that he could play at the level he now is. 

I agree 100%. I thought he looked a class act, and better than anything we had, on his first substitute appearance. He does seem very likeable, and shows great humility. How many other professional footballers have you seen at the Gate that celebrate their goals with the ball boys.

I think we did more to develop his career than Swansea did. I know he had injuries there, but didn't play much there even when fit, and it was only at Villa than he continued the progress that he started with us. Why do you think Chelsea were happy to let DaSilva, Kalas and Palmer join us. Big mistake on Neketiah's part.

Should the original poster not be more proud of Villa for buying Kodjia at the 11th hour, meaning we were well short up front, thus forcing us to play a kid who was probably hoping to get a few appearances off the bench, but because of that transfer, we were forced to play him.

He did well, mind!

I went to Allstars to watch UFC the other day, and I got to chatting to some football fans. One of them supported Chelsea, and he banged on about Abraham. I said that he was immense when he played for us, and I was met with blank states from everyone.

I know it was a few years ago, but a lot of people that support Premier League clubs don't even remember Tammy Abraham starting his career out on loan with us. He remembered Swansea taking him in, and his season at Villa, but outside of that, nothing.

We should absolutely be proud, but I think we should also recognise that we're a small footnote in his career now, and we should probably move on like he has.

Our fan base is embarrassing and very tinpot at times.

He was never OUR player. We were a simple stepping stone to help progress his career. While he returned the favour of scoring the goals.

Its as if some of our fans treat professional football as a Sunday morning kids football club..

It is business. Simple as that.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

I went to Allstars to watch UFC the other day, and I got to chatting to some football fans. One of them supported Chelsea, and he banged on about Abraham. I said that he was immense when he played for us, and I was met with blank states from everyone.

I know it was a few years ago, but a lot of people that support Premier League clubs don't even remember Tammy Abraham starting his career out on loan with us. He remembered Swansea taking him in, and his season at Villa, but outside of that, nothing.

We should absolutely be proud, but I think we should also recognise that we're a small footnote in his career now, and we should probably move on like he has.

It's tough for Chelsea fans to keep track of all of their loanees. 

Likewise I doubt every single one of our supporters is tracking Pearson at Bath, Harper at Gloucester or Pring at Walsall. Some will be but for most it's first team and that's it.

I agree generally that I'm proud of the part we played in his career, and when he retires I'm sure we'll get a small paragraph in his autobiography. I look out for his news and it's great that he's doing well.

Its easy to see why so many of us loved Tammy, sure he was fantastic on the pitch but he was a great professional and made sure he bonded with the club and fans. While he was here we were here he treated more like a transfer than a loan and you can only hope that positivity and attitude rubbed off on some of our youngsters. 

He was a very successful loan but its his attitude and personality that make him someone you want to succeed and whose career you follow. 

Archived