IGNORED

Andre gomes injury

Simon bristol

5 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I was at the game with Dani Rodriguez, horrible to see, wish him a full recovery.

Yeah me too, i can still see him hitting his head backwards into the pitch in agony and tinnion running to him. Everytime one of these injuries happens it always takes me back to that dani rodrigues injury

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I actually rewound TV to see what happened, horrendous .
Still say never a Red for Son, really unlucky how it panned out. 

Looks like the classic fractured and dislocated ankle from the stills I've seen. Sad all round. Also feel for the Spurs guys involved. Really unfortunate. Best of luck to Andre Gomes from everybody. Poor guy's got a long road ahead of him for sure.

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Thoughts with Gomes, but really feel for Son too. Nice to see players of both sides consoling each other.

He certainly seems like a genuine nice guy in football. He'll take a while to get over this, I think. No blame for me. The sort of tackle you see EVERY game. VAR are talking shite today, as always.

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I was at the game with Dani Rodriguez, horrible to see, wish him a full recovery.

I was a ballboy for that game... the ball was kicked out of play to me when he went down. What a treat that was. Fortunately couldn't see the break though.

45 minutes ago, northsomersetred said:

Photo doing the rounds, don't know if it's actually him, can't see him playing again for at least 12 months if it is him

image.jpeg

Yeah, that photo is fake. A quick reverse search shows that photo has been online since January 2019 ?️‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Neither of the Spurs players were the cause of what looks like a bad injury but the 2 tackles combined DID cause it. 

I feel very sorry for Gomes, obviously, but the way Song and Aurier were affected made me have some sympathy for them too.

Never a red card by the way. 

I thought I saw Son go for him because of an incident moment before that put Son on the floor. He didnt make much contact if any but Gomes then went to swerve and collided with Aurier, but unfortunately his foot got stuck into the pitch and he went over. During the replays the tv were happy to show the Son contact but not the moment after (obviously) as this was where the damage was done. I see it as a pre accident, even though Son went in for the tackle, it normally would only have resulted in a foul at best.

Son was so distrought and maybe would have (should have) been instantly subbed as he was in no fit state to continue, and it was no surprise moments after Aurier was subbed too.

Thankfully these injuries are quite rare, but praise to all medical staff concerned who have to face them

The stupid thing is they use VAR for everything but the ref then makes a judgement call on converting the yellow to a red.

I wonder given the outcome whether Spurs will feel it may reflect badly if they do appeal and take it on the chin?

No blame for me, just horrible timing and unfortunate. One of those challenges/injuries that can always occur in football, and to be honest there isn't a lot that can be done.

You just have to hope that Gomes suffers no complications with the recovery and comes back as good as before.

You also have to hope that he doesn't become one of those players who suffer an injury at the top level, and are never able to cut it when they return, and have to drop down the leagues, or retire. Fortunately in this day and age, that doesn't happen as much anymore though.

26 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Wasn't there an horrific injury to a Coventry player called something like 'Buscht', some time ago, when his bone stuck out of the side of his leg? Truly shocking...

Was talking to someone in work today who was at Old Trafford when that one happened. The thing he remembers that turned his stomach was seeing them washing the blood off the pitch once the player had been stretchered off.

Archived