Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Anyone know what the situation is with trains/pubs etc? Guessing we're all gonna get a police escort from the station, but will we be allowed in a boozer first? Julie H you been told anything?

Planning meeting today, some of the city centre pubs are not planning to open so Cardiff police are going around over the next day or two to ascertain who are open for fans. I can update then . 

No plan at this stage for a pre planned escort to the ground 

turnstiles and facilities at ground open from 1030 for home and away fans 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Few of us are watching Gerry Cinnamon on the Saturday night in Cardiff and staying over. Should be a good weekend.

Should be a belter! Playing the motorpoint too, great venue. What a top weekend you have planned mate, I’m very jealous.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JulieH said:

Planning meeting today, some of the city centre pubs are not planning to open so Cardiff police are going around over the next day or two to ascertain who are open for fans. I can update then . 

No plan at this stage for a pre planned escort to the ground 

turnstiles and facilities at ground open from 1030 for home and away fans 

^ Tax payer funded police pub crawl.

No wonder this once proud nation has gone to the dogs.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, but if you currently live in Cardiff, wouldn’t you have a Cardiff postcode rather than a Swindon postcode? 

The fraud investigation goes on. Nah not on my driving license as it’s my parents house and I’m only renting so no point in updating my ID

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/11/2019 at 20:03, JulieH said:

Planning meeting today, some of the city centre pubs are not planning to open so Cardiff police are going around over the next day or two to ascertain who are open for fans. I can update then . 

No plan at this stage for a pre planned escort to the ground 

turnstiles and facilities at ground open from 1030 for home and away fans 

Any update Julie? Hopefully there's somewhere for us to go once we get off the train. Is the Wetherspoons at Cardiff Central an option or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Any update Julie? Hopefully there's somewhere for us to go once we get off the train. Is the Wetherspoons at Cardiff Central an option or not?

The Great Western would be ideal or the Prince of Wales. If not surely the Gatekeeper would be open. Didn't some fans smash up a pub not long so ago?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Any update Julie? Hopefully there's somewhere for us to go once we get off the train. Is the Wetherspoons at Cardiff Central an option or not?

I am told not an option unfortunately.

The advice from swp is to drink at stadium . The gates open at 1030hrs.

there is no pub that we are able to direct away fans to. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also googled and another mentioned was "The Gol Centre", Lawrenny Avenue.

However the article was from 3 years ago so...

EDIT- Just seen a Tweet from a few days ago, "Gol Centre welcomes 'well behaved' away fans".

Also seen somewhere called "Prince of Wales" mentioned as well.

Last season, saw Canton Rugby Club mentioned- still applicable?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I also googled and another mentioned was "The Gol Centre", Lawrenny Avenue.

However the article was from 3 years ago so...

EDIT- Just seen a Tweet from a few days ago, "Gol Centre welcomes 'well behaved' away fans".

Also seen somewhere called "Prince of Wales" mentioned as well.

Last season, saw Canton Rugby Club mentioned- still applicable?

Prince of Wales is a big spoons in town, no chance we’ll get in there 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greedo said:

Prince of Wales is a big spoons in town, no chance we’ll get in there 

Dispersed street dribking it is then? :ph34r:

Serious note I would have thought superior planning to have fans in one or a couple of pubs for those who like these things...

Very much doubt 2k fans will go to ground at 10.30am- seems more sensible to coral into a few pubs but what do I know eh? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...