IGNORED

Ashley Williams - Contract Extended Until End of Season

Red Army 75

Good news. He has mainly been solid so far. I am not sure i'd extend it any further than this season. Lets see how it goes up till nearer the end of the season before deciding that.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Good news. He has mainly been solid so far. I am not sure i'd extend it any further than this season. Lets see how it goes up till nearer the end of the season before deciding that.

Isn’t that what we’ve done..?!

13 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Not even missing Webster with Williams and Moore here. 

Yes we are. 

I don't think Williams has been that bad, same with Moore, but people are getting slightly carried away, our defence hasn't looked anything other than average. 

I think his leadership and experience is key to us extending his deal though. We've need a bit of that for a few years. 

50 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Yes we are. 

I don't think Williams has been that bad, same with Moore, but people are getting slightly carried away, our defence hasn't looked anything other than average. 

I think his leadership and experience is key to us extending his deal though. We've need a bit of that for a few years. 

With Webster in our team the defence from last international break till end of season was awful. Think we were close to averaging 2  goals a game conceded, that I think was main reason we didn’t make the playoffs.

48 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

With Webster in our team the defence from last international break till end of season was awful. Think we were close to averaging 2  goals a game conceded, that I think was main reason we didn’t make the playoffs.

Yeah our defence wasn't great through that period, we only kept one clean sheet in final 10 games. W4 D3 L3.

I think more of the reason we didn't make the play offs was the little rotation we gave to our central two in Pack and Brownhill. Their performances dipped quite a bit, Packs in particular.  I can see it happening again this season if Smith/Nagy injury problems persist. That's for another thread though!

Websters progressive passes & his runs into the opponents half, even final third on many occasions helped us create a lot of chances. We definitely miss him, and for anyone to truly believe that we don't, surprises me. 

Archived