IGNORED

Pack and Flint

MattWSM

Wonder if either would celebrate if they scored.....

Honestly though we've moved on and replaced them with better players. So IMO no need to be petty by booing them.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be cheering them from the rafters, but nothing wrong with a little respect after what they achieved with us.

I think they both deserve respect. Both players served us well and were part of that great 14/15 season. I’ll never forget that final game vs Walsall when Flint got the hat-trick. Pack always came across as a decent guy - at the open training session back in the summer he made a real effort to do as many autographs/photos with kids as possible, and at the point when he was about to leave the pitch he ran back over to do more when he realised some kids had missed out. 

I’m hoping they’ll both play abysmally on Sunday, but if I was at the game I’d give them a clap when they come out to warm up. 

12 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I don’t think Pack wanted to leave and was shipped out at the last minute, I still remember his signing photo for Cardiff he looked like he didn’t want to be there. 

Sorry to say that is way off of the mark

9 minutes ago, jj77 said:

They play for Cardiff now, remember that!

Exactly

7 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Anyone who does that ridiculous touching the head Ayatollah b@llocks can go f'@ck themselves.

I wonder if every player from that title winning season gets such a love in with our supporters?

Those players wont give a hoot about us, so time to move on 

My old man supports Cardiff (yes I know) and says that he would happily drive Flint back to Bristol as he has been making some howlers lately.  On the other hand,  Lee Tomlin (remember him) is supposed to be playing quite well for them but not always getting picked.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Exactly

I wonder if every player from that title winning season gets such a love in with our supporters?

Exactly. Remember Cunningham acting like a total *** at Ashton gate despite being very warmly welcomed back. 

44 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Exactly

Flint was a superbly consistent player who gave everything for City over a number of years and no doubt will look back on his time at City as the most enjoyable and memorable of his career.

Of course he 'won't give a hoot' about City on Sunday - nor should he, he's a professional and he'll be putting any residual feelings about BCFC aside and giving his all for his current team.

We needn't give a hoot about him either - so no reason he should either be booed or get applause from City fans before the game.

Flint and Pack should simply be ignored on Sunday imo. - as time passes they will both be remembered and appreciated as City players who gave the fans some great memories, and both will no doubt be returning to AG for celebratory dinners with the fans in the years to come, along with the other triumphant players of the period, to remember the 'double' winning season and the Cup run.

Tomlin is another matter altogether though.

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Exactly. Remember Cunningham acting like a total *** at Ashton gate despite being very warmly welcomed back. 

He wasn't warmly welcomed back by me - always thought he was a bit of a d***.

Flint is completely different though, mutual respect between him and City fans forged over many seasons, and I can't see he'd ever behave like Cunningham.

Pack I assume would be the same, although not tested in the heat of battle yet as Flint has been playing against us for Boro'.

The reaction of both City fans, and Flint, at the end of the AG game said it all imo.

• Admin
41 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Flint is completely different though, mutual respect between him and City fans forged over many seasons, and I can't see he'd ever behave like Cunningham.

Am sure Swindon supporters said something similar up to his infamous TV interview

1 minute ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Except they have been our biggest rivals for nearly 2 decades bar the odd season with Swindon.

Except they have been our biggest rivals for nearly 2 decades bar the odd season with Swindon.

Do the games ever sell out? I have been to home games v Cardiff and the atmosphere has been non existent. I honestly don't ever look out for there results or even care about them.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Do the games ever sell out? I have been to home games v Cardiff and the atmosphere has been non existent. I honestly don't ever look out for there results or even care about them.

The game selling out isn't necessarily relevant, we sold out against both Manchester clubs. Does that mean they are our biggest rivals?

That's your own view but a lot of City fans consider them our closest/biggest rivals over the past few years.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

He wasn't warmly welcomed back by me - always thought he was a bit of a d***.

Pack I assume would be the same, although not tested in the heat of battle yet as Flint has been playing against us for Boro'.

The reaction of both City fans, and Flint, at the end of the AG game said it all imo.

I have no issue at all with giving them both a polite clap before the game as I would for any returning player who hasn’t left under a cloud. 

But when the whistle goes they’re not just opposition players but Cardiff players. I seem to remember people clapping Ayling during(!!!) the game when he first came back to AG, a proper love in with an opposition player during the game. Absolutely baffling! 

And that respect was repaid with cheating, diving, feigning injury and genuinely being a bit of a dick much like Cunningham was.

29 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

The game selling out isn't necessarily relevant, we sold out against both Manchester clubs. Does that mean they are our biggest rivals?

That's your own view but a lot of City fans consider them our closest/biggest rivals over the past few years.

Not so sure about that. Many just see Rovers as our only rival.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am sure Swindon supporters said something similar up to his infamous TV interview

Don't think so Phants. Some really vile stuff directed to him by Swindon fans on social media over a long period after he left there - I remember some was flagged up on here and it was as nasty as it gets. So ill feeling on both sides culminating in their chanting at that game, and Flint's memorable response to a really stupid question during the interview when he could still hear abuse from Swindon fans in the background.

Completely different to the relationship forged with the fans here over a much longer period, and with no ill feeling at his departure.

I can't imagine why any City fan would go to the game intending to give him stick after his time with us - little chance it would put him off.

Still, some never liked or rated him from day 1, never changed their minds, and would be more than happy with the opportunity to give him some stick I suppose.

21 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I have no issue at all with giving them both a polite clap before the game as I would for any returning player who hasn’t left under a cloud. 

But when the whistle goes they’re not just opposition players but Cardiff players. I seem to remember people clapping Ayling during(!!!) the game when he first came back to AG, a proper love in with an opposition player during the game. Absolutely baffling! 

And that respect was repaid with cheating, diving, feigning injury and genuinely being a bit of a dick much like Cunningham was.

No need to be polite at Cardiff V City imo., so no need to clap before the game. Brief applause perhaps if they make a point of clapping the City fans but really just concentrate on getting behind our players.

Don't remember the Ailing clapping during the game (remember his clapping of the Dolman was returned when he was setting up for 2nd half ko) but at least he actually earnt some affection imo, unlike Cunningham.

In general no quarter asked or given during the game imo., and a bit of applause for Flint and Pack at the end - providing they haven't behaved like bellend Cunningham of course, which I really can't see tbh.

Archived