IGNORED

Pack and Flint

MattWSM

1 hour ago, Super said:

Does it matter that they now play for Cardiff? Never have or will be our rivals.

Cardiff City not one of our main rivals? Where have you been hiding the last 30 years.. we have had some major battles on and off the pitch with those ***** in that time!

11 minutes ago, bris red said:

Cardiff City not one of our main rivals? Where have you been hiding the last 30 years.. we have had some major battles on and off the pitch with those ***** in that time!

It was a good rivalry in the early 2000s, now it's rubbish. Rovers are our rivals and Cardiff second, same for them with Swansea being first.

16 hours ago, RedDave said:

If you want to thank them send them a tweet. Don’t cheer and applaud them before a local derby, is my opinion 

No worries. Perhaps you’d like to send them a best wishes card as well! More childish to boo them than not acknowledge them. It’s a local derby 

Maybe as a compromise, we could clap the first half and boo the second half ? :yawn:

On 04/11/2019 at 21:23, RedDave said:

If you want to thank them send them a tweet....

You obviously weren’t at our away game vs Aldershot soon after we’d sold Glyn Riley to the Shots. He came on as sub for them and the ovation from the away end moved him to tears .... publicly acknowledging players who have made major contributions to our club’s history is admirable and shouldn’t be childishly dismissed ...

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 22:23, BS4 on Tour... said:

You obviously weren’t at our away game vs Aldershot soon after we’d sold Glyn Riley to the Shots. He came on as sub for them and the ovation from the away end moved him to tears .... publicly acknowledging players who have made major contributions to our club’s history is admirable and shouldn’t be childishly dismissed ...

I was at that and also at AG when Wilbs came on for Bolton that night. On both occasions I felt very proud to be a City fan.

On 05/11/2019 at 08:58, KingLear said:

Wonder if either would celebrate if they scored.....

Honestly though we've moved on and replaced them with better players. So IMO no need to be petty by booing them.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be cheering them from the rafters, but nothing wrong with a little respect after what they achieved with us.

If Pack scored then i don't think he will celebrate but for some reason i feel if Flint scored he will celebrate and proper milk it also.

7 minutes ago, BS10 RED said:

If Pack scored then i don't think he will celebrate but for some reason i feel if Flint scored he will celebrate and proper milk it also.

They should celebrate as long as it's not OTT.

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Well it’s not Lennon and McCartney now is it  ? 

It's not even ******* Ringo Starr

Peace and love, Ringo . I'm only kidding

On a different matter, I wonder if we should start singing "it was 20 years ago today" when the City V Rovers in the league anniversary comes around. It can't be far off now.

6 hours ago, Super said:

They should celebrate as long as it's not OTT.

They should i totally agree but also think they shouldn't be applauded. They are now the opposition adored by a new set of fans. They should be made to feel uncomfortable right from the outset like the rest of the Cardiff players.  

They ain't gonna think you know what i will only give 80% today because i'm playing City so why should they be let of lightly 

3 hours ago, BS10 RED said:

They should i totally agree but also think they shouldn't be applauded. They are now the opposition adored by a new set of fans. They should be made to feel uncomfortable right from the outset like the rest of the Cardiff players.  

They ain't gonna think you know what i will only give 80% today because i'm playing City so why should they be let of lightly 

I won’t clap them personally but those who do, do it AFTER the game, imo your only giving them a boost by doing it before KO.

Anyway haven’t we already thanked and shown our appreciation to Flint when he came back to AG with Middlesboro? Don’t see why people would clap him or any other ex player everytime they line up against us?

On 05/11/2019 at 12:29, OneTeamInBristol said:

The game selling out isn't necessarily relevant, we sold out against both Manchester clubs. Does that mean they are our biggest rivals?

That's your own view but a lot of City fans consider them our closest/biggest rivals over the past few years.

I refuse to acknowledge them as our biggest rivals until we start to beat them :-)....barring the occasional odd result my main memories of Cardiff are painful horrible losses or boring dull draws

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

I refuse to acknowledge them as our biggest rivals until we start to beat them :-)....barring the occasional odd result my main memories of Cardiff are painful horrible losses or boring dull draws

We went for years and years with the upper hand, although I do not believe in bogey teams.

Archived