IGNORED

Pack and Flint

MattWSM

4 hours ago, Dottie said:

Really didn’t understand the booing of them today. 

Agree. 
the general booing of every opposition member, I get. The booing and w**ker chants to Pack (in jest I’m sure/hopeful) I didn’t get. 
6 years service, forced out (as in didn’t demand a move) and to be greater with that I thought was poor. 

of course- I’m delighted we won, and I’m sure Marlon is big enough to take it, it just confused me. 

similiary a guy behind me spent the 90 minutes shouting “you sheep sha***ng c*^t” Or “f#%k off you welsh bar steward” to anyone around him or on the pitch, and then followed it at 90 minutes with “Ashley Williams is a legend.....”

I meant to mention to him, he’s also welsh. 

anyway. 3 points. 

3 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Agree. 
the general booing of every opposition member, I get. The booing and w**ker chants to Pack (in jest I’m sure/hopeful) I didn’t get. 
6 years service, forced out (as in didn’t demand a move) and to be greater with that I thought was poor. 

of course- I’m delighted we won, and I’m sure Marlon is big enough to take it, it just confused me. 

similiary a guy behind me spent the 90 minutes shouting “you sheep sha***ng c*^t” Or “f#%k off you welsh bar steward” to anyone around him or on the pitch, and then followed it at 90 minutes with “Ashley Williams is a legend.....”

anyway. 3 points. 

I mean I guess you could say Williams isn’t welsh. He was born in Wolverhampton  

4 hours ago, Dottie said:

Really didn’t understand the booing of them today. 

And I really didn't understand the applause that Pack got from a couple of dozen City fans around me when he came to take the first corner second half. 

Applause before/ after the game I get in some circumstances (Albert), applause for an opposing player who does something exceptional (JET for Doncaster, Sno for Ajax) but applauding an opposing player - and a Cardiff one at that - just for being there....please.

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

And I really didn't understand the applause that Pack got from a couple of dozen City fans around me when he came to take the first corner second half. 

Applause before/ after the game I get in some circumstances (Albert), applause for an opposing player who does something exceptional (JET for Doncaster, Sno for Ajax) but applauding an opposing player - and a Cardiff one at that - just for being there....please.

Maybe they were applauding because he left us and we got a decent wedge? 

6 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Agree. 

anyway. 3 points. 

I’d check your details with regards to Marlon’s choice of which club he now plays for. He certainly wasn’t forced away from Ashton Gate by anyone employed by Bristol City Football Club or Bristol Sport.

I think Pack really suits how Cardiff play more than us. They play with fast powerful wingers he can chip it out to. Not building from the back so much, or passing sharply in triangles. 

Flint has been pretty poor since leaving us and we seemed to get the best out of him. Though was he maybe slightly overrated by a lot of us for all he could do, but not noticing his weaknesses so much? Possibly. 

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

I’d check your details with regards to Marlon’s choice of which club he now plays for. He certainly wasn’t forced away from Ashton Gate by anyone employed by Bristol City Football Club or Bristol Sport.

I think you are correct, he was told about the interest & the contract on offer & felt he couldn’t turn it down. COYR 

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I think Pack really suits how Cardiff play more than us. They play with fast powerful wingers he can chip it out to. Not building from the back so much, or passing sharply in triangles. 

Flint has been pretty poor since leaving us and we seemed to get the best out of him. Though was he maybe slightly overrated by a lot of us for all he could do, but not noticing his weaknesses so much? Possibly. 

Flint’s goal scoring masked over his deficiencies in defending & doing what he was primarily in the team to do, keep the ball from going in our net!

Many were worried that we couldn’t adequately replace him but by bringing in someone who could defend better, it enabled us to improve as a team. And Flint’s lack of consistency in doing what he did so well here (in scoring goals) has been picked up by his new adoring fans at Middlesborough & now Cardiff because he isn’t helping the team to win so many points.

It was very good business on our part at the time, both had grown to the end of their time together but we maximised what we could get & replaced for about 50% of the price before then going on to profit even further.

I have no ill feelings towards Flint or Pack (Tomlin’s a bit of a fraud), both Flint & Pack served us very well & departed for good money & on good terms. I neither booed them or applauded any of them yesterday, they are just another team’s players now, we’ve moved on & so have they.

3 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

I think you are correct, he was told about the interest & the contract on offer & felt he couldn’t turn it down. COYR 

It was also a chance for him to go back to playing with his best mate again & I’ve no doubt Flinty did his best to persuade him to leave by telling him of what he’s earning etc.

Thing about Flint is that the majority of his goals were with his feet, not his head, including all three against Walsall. I remember one (don't remember where) he put a side foot volley in the far corner as well as any top striker. He even got a tap-in against Man City.

He just doesn't look like doing any of that now. To me, he just didn't look happy. Whatever he had here, it's gone.

39 minutes ago, Fatalist said:

Thing about Flint is that the majority of his goals were with his feet, not his head, including all three against Walsall. I remember one (don't remember where) he put a side foot volley in the far corner as well as any top striker. He even got a tap-in against Man City.

He just doesn't look like doing any of that now. To me, he just didn't look happy. Whatever he had here, it's gone.

Luke Freeman 

7 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Flint’s goal scoring masked over his deficiencies in defending & doing what he was primarily in the team to do, keep the ball from going in our net!

Many were worried that we couldn’t adequately replace him but by bringing in someone who could defend better, it enabled us to improve as a team. And Flint’s lack of consistency in doing what he did so well here (in scoring goals) has been picked up by his new adoring fans at Middlesborough & now Cardiff because he isn’t helping the team to win so many points.

It was very good business on our part at the time, both had grown to the end of their time together but we maximised what we could get & replaced for about 50% of the price before then going on to profit even further.

I have no ill feelings towards Flint or Pack (Tomlin’s a bit of a fraud), both Flint & Pack served us very well & departed for good money & on good terms. I neither booed them or applauded any of them yesterday, they are just another team’s players now, we’ve moved on & so have they.

Absolutely perfectly put..........:clapping:

To me Flint was/is has limited football skills. I always thought of him as a throwback to the 70s style stopper. A ‘head it and kick it’  merchant.

That said, given his limitations he’s done remarkably well in terms of his finances. Three moves, two of which would have entitled him to very decent signing on fees so well done to Flint and his agent of course.........

1 hour ago, Fatalist said:

I reckon the goal you are thinking of was the late winner in the 2-1 win at Sheff U.

21 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Agree. 

anyway. 3 points. 

Good to see Pack clap the City fans especially as he was getting called a manual manipulator at the time,

4 hours ago, Fatalist said:

I agree. I thought that Boro wasn’t the right move for him but Cardiff (Warnock) I thought would have tried to use him more like the way we did. Flint likes to be dominant though and hates other players hassling him and gettin in his space which we tried to do. He didn’t settle very well which was good. He did try and intimidate Bentley when we were preparing for their free kicks, but even the Ref told him to move.

Saying that we were never far away from a Pack’s freekick landing on his head I thought.

Archived