Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

MattWSM

Pack and Flint

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t agree. Any players who contributed so much to that 2014/2015 season deserve acknowledgement - they delivered a proper trophy as champions...

If you want to thank them send them a tweet. Don’t cheer and applaud them before a local derby, is my opinion 

Just now, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Hate that attitude. So childish. 

No worries. Perhaps you’d like to send them a best wishes card as well! More childish to boo them than not acknowledge them. It’s a local derby 

• Like 2

They won't give a flying doofer whether they're cheered or booed. 

Cardiff pay their wages now.

• Like 1

You just know there will be people that have booed Lee Johnson and our own players mid game - when we’re in the top six - that will give a warm applause to Cardiff players on Sunday 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, freezer said:

They won't give a flying doofer whether they're cheered or booed. 

Cardiff pay their wages now.

Wait a minute, what is a flying doofer?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gordie said:

Applauded before kick off but give them shit like any other Cardiff player during the game. 

Exactly this.......assume people realise they play for Cardiff n8

1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Wait a minute, what is a flying doofer?

You know, sounds like luck....

1 minute ago, freezer said:

You know, sounds like luck....

Right, I'm with you.  I can't recall exactly what they are called, but for some reason the word doofer reminded of the thing that people might sometimes use to wash with in the shower.  You know what I mean?

3 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

They’ll be getting a clap from me 

If I was there I'd give them a mighty cheer for sure, after all we must not forget that they are potentially sleeper agents still employed by City - and if so they're doing a decent job sabotaging Cardiff's form!

• Haha 1

can see Marlon getting a muted appreciation and Flint getting a markedly worse one. Not saying either is justified or not either way, can just see it happening. 

10 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Right, I'm with you.  I can't recall exactly what they are called, but for some reason the word doofer reminded of the thing that people might sometimes use to wash with in the shower.  You know what I mean?

Loofah ?  Doofer can mean many things.

Edited by freezer

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

If you want to thank them send them a tweet. Don’t cheer and applaud them before a local derby, is my opinion 

No worries. Perhaps you’d like to send them a best wishes card as well! More childish to boo them than not acknowledge them. It’s a local derby 

Why is it so hard for football fans to be respectful? Pretty sad if you ask me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Rovers 2

Should be respected. However, if we were home then i’d expect it. But away? Nope. With the atmosphere of the game, i doubt they’ll get much applause. 
not sure we’ll be applauding big Aden taking advantage of our shocking defending of crosses and set pieces either! 😫

1 hour ago, Greedo said:

can see Marlon getting a muted appreciation and Flint getting a markedly worse one. Not saying either is justified or not either way, can just see it happening. 

And Tomlin? :noexp:

18 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Why is it so hard for football fans to be respectful? Pretty sad if you ask me. 

How is not doing anything disrespectful? Send them a thank you message on twitter if you want. Don’t give them a boost when they are playing us

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

You just know there will be people that have booed Lee Johnson and our own players mid game - when we’re in the top six - that will give a warm applause to Cardiff players on Sunday 🤦‍♂️

You just know there will be people that haven’t booed Lee Johnson and our own players mid game - when we’re in the top six - that will politely acknowledge 2 Cardiff players on Sunday 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

How is not doing anything disrespectful? Send them a thank you message on twitter if you want. Don’t give them a boost when they are playing us

A polite acknowledgement before the game isn’t going to be giving them their team talk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wonder if either would celebrate if they scored.....

Honestly though we've moved on and replaced them with better players. So IMO no need to be petty by booing them.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be cheering them from the rafters, but nothing wrong with a little respect after what they achieved with us.

• Like 2

I think they both deserve respect. Both players served us well and were part of that great 14/15 season. I’ll never forget that final game vs Walsall when Flint got the hat-trick. Pack always came across as a decent guy - at the open training session back in the summer he made a real effort to do as many autographs/photos with kids as possible, and at the point when he was about to leave the pitch he ran back over to do more when he realised some kids had missed out. 

I’m hoping they’ll both play abysmally on Sunday, but if I was at the game I’d give them a clap when they come out to warm up. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I don’t think Pack wanted to leave and was shipped out at the last minute, I still remember his signing photo for Cardiff he looked like he didn’t want to be there. 

Sorry to say that is way off of the mark

9 minutes ago, jj77 said:

They play for Cardiff now, remember that!

Exactly

7 minutes ago, supercidered said:

Anyone who does that ridiculous touching the head Ayatollah b@llocks can go f'@ck themselves.

I wonder if every player from that title winning season gets such a love in with our supporters?

Those players wont give a hoot about us, so time to move on 

12 minutes ago, jj77 said:

They play for Cardiff now, remember that!

You also have to remember that we do happen to have a some very odd supporters who for some unknown reason give Skeletor a round of applause every he returns to AG :blink:

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

You also have to remember that we do happen to have a some very odd supporters who for some unknown reason give Skeletor a round of applause every he returns to AG :blink:

Indeed.  Some even wanted him as manager!  

My old man supports Cardiff (yes I know) and says that he would happily drive Flint back to Bristol as he has been making some howlers lately.  On the other hand,  Lee Tomlin (remember him) is supposed to be playing quite well for them but not always getting picked.

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Exactly

I wonder if every player from that title winning season gets such a love in with our supporters?

Exactly. Remember Cunningham acting like a total *** at Ashton gate despite being very warmly welcomed back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Exactly

Flint was a superbly consistent player who gave everything for City over a number of years and no doubt will look back on his time at City as the most enjoyable and memorable of his career.

Of course he 'won't give a hoot' about City on Sunday - nor should he, he's a professional and he'll be putting any residual feelings about BCFC aside and giving his all for his current team.

We needn't give a hoot about him either - so no reason he should either be booed or get applause from City fans before the game.

Flint and Pack should simply be ignored on Sunday imo. - as time passes they will both be remembered and appreciated as City players who gave the fans some great memories, and both will no doubt be returning to AG for celebratory dinners with the fans in the years to come, along with the other triumphant players of the period, to remember the 'double' winning season and the Cup run.

Tomlin is another matter altogether though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Exactly. Remember Cunningham acting like a total *** at Ashton gate despite being very warmly welcomed back. 

He wasn't warmly welcomed back by me - always thought he was a bit of a d***.

Flint is completely different though, mutual respect between him and City fans forged over many seasons, and I can't see he'd ever behave like Cunningham.

Pack I assume would be the same, although not tested in the heat of battle yet as Flint has been playing against us for Boro'.

The reaction of both City fans, and Flint, at the end of the AG game said it all imo.

• Like 1