IGNORED

WBA away

MattWSM

19 hours ago, Galway Red said:

WBA used to be a good day out, now its crap for pubs , always a night game or bank holiday, game on TV, usually get hammered, can't get home by train, usually a totally joyless away fixture, I'll give it a miss

shame. I got a feeling we are going to have a good result here

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

The vine is well worth the effort its about 15 to 20 mins walk great atmosphere and if you like currys you will be very impressed they have several chefs in the mddle of pub where you can see them cooking your order 

even better. 

Are  City fans going here then? I'm going alone so would be good to know

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

The vine is well worth the effort its about 15 to 20 mins walk great atmosphere and if you like currys you will be very impressed they have several chefs in the mddle of pub where you can see them cooking your order 

Sounds like a recipe for it getting to 7 o`clock, it`s freezing cold and pissing down and you say `**** it, let`s stay here and watch it on Sky`!

Ever noticed how the fixture computer so  often has City  away to WBA during the Winter months?

THAT game in 75-76,  got back  and had to de ice the car. During the 1st div days (1978?) we were there on New Year's Day and Boxing  Day. 

In the forty odd years since, when in the same division, we've seemingly always been at the Hawthorns in the November - February period.

2 hours ago, The Batman said:

I'll be doing my usual for this one. Go into Birmingham for pre match drinks then get either the train or metro to the hawthorns. Doesn't take too long. 

Mind you I live in the Midlands so easy for me. 

ok where do you recommend to go.

I'm staying over so not sure where to stay yet either

14 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

ok where do you recommend to go.

I'm staying over so not sure where to stay yet either

Here is a screenshot of my post from the brum away thread. 

I'd say it's no different now to what it was then. I'll be in the head of steam with my wba supporting brother in law from around half 4 ish. 

Screenshot_20191118_212427_com.android.chrome.jpg

Archived