IGNORED

WBA away

MattWSM

On 19/11/2019 at 00:39, 22A said:

Ever noticed how the fixture computer so  often has City  away to WBA during the Winter months?

THAT game in 75-76,  got back  and had to de ice the car. During the 1st div days (1978?) we were there on New Year's Day and Boxing  Day. 

In the forty odd years since, when in the same division, we've seemingly always been at the Hawthorns in the November - February period.

I remember the 1975/76 as I was there and we won 1-0 with Gerry Sweeney scoring the only goal and it was March. The following season 76/77 it was not on Boxing Day as it was at the Hawthorns on the 27th and it was 1-1 with Mr Tom Sticks Ritchie getting the goal. In season 77/78 the away match was in March and we went down 2-1 and Norman bite yer legs Hunter was our scorer. The following season 78/79 we went down 3-1.

i was also at the away game 73/74 and it was 2-2  and I remember my old mans Austin Cambridge never had a boot that locked and it came open on the motorway and we had to tie the boot lid down with City scarves - great memorable days.

6 hours ago, City oz said:

I remember the 1975/76 as I was there and we won 1-0 with Gerry Sweeney scoring the only goal and it was March. The following season 76/77 it was not on Boxing Day as it was at the Hawthorns on the 27th and it was 1-1 with Mr Tom Sticks Ritchie getting the goal. In season 77/78 the away match was in March and we went down 2-1 and Norman bite yer legs Hunter was our scorer. The following season 78/79 we went down 3-1.

i was also at the away game 73/74 and it was 2-2  and I remember my old mans Austin Cambridge never had a boot that locked and it came open on the motorway and we had to tie the boot lid down with City scarves - great memorable days.

You could have got a decent one at the Car Boot Sale.

Archived