Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
MattWSM

WBA away

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

The original allocation was 2000 so that would make it around 800

Thought these would be flying off the shelves and begging for more 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Thought these would be flying off the shelves and begging for more 

Me to, a few of my non ST holder mates thought they would be struggling to get tickets for this, still over 3 weeks away yet though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine. 

Mind you a live a few train or tram stops away so not an issue for me. 

Have a fair few drinks at the Birmingham Christmas Market beforehand 🍻🍻😁😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

do we know which pub generally will be the meeting place?

 

also I am staying nearby can any one recommend best place to stay in this area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

do we know which pub generally will be the meeting place?

 

also I am staying nearby can any one recommend best place to stay in this area?

Best place to stay in this area........I'll get back to you on that one 😳😳

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattWSM said:

do we know which pub generally will be the meeting place?

 

also I am staying nearby can any one recommend best place to stay in this area?

I hear Weston-super-Mare is quite popular with the locals 😁

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really looking forward to this one. Never had an away day here, is it best to avoid wearing City gear? Doubt it will be an issue but want to make sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Still 1000 left. odd they are not selling faster 

With potd we’ll end up at around 1700 I’d reckon which for a televised night game isn’t too bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

Still 1000 left. odd they are not selling faster 

WBA used to be a good day out, now its crap for pubs , always a night game or bank holiday, game on TV, usually get hammered, can't get home by train, usually a totally joyless away fixture, I'll give it a miss

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Galway Red said:

WBA used to be a good day out, now its crap for pubs , always a night game or bank holiday, game on TV, usually get hammered, can't get home by train, usually a totally joyless away fixture, I'll give it a miss

shame. I got a feeling we are going to have a good result here

  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fantastic unusual pub called The Vine.  Away fans welcome. Used it a few times.  Decent parking. 15 mins stroll to ground. Find it on google.  It serves great Indian dishes.  Saturday game great away day, midweek pants.  Never mind 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DT The Optimist said:

A fantastic unusual pub called The Vine.  Away fans welcome. Used it a few times.  Decent parking. 15 mins stroll to ground. Find it on google.  It serves great Indian dishes.  Saturday game great away day, midweek pants.  Never mind 

http://www.thevine.co.uk/

Thanks looks a good find

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vine is well worth the effort its about 15 to 20 mins walk great atmosphere and if you like currys you will be very impressed they have several chefs in the mddle of pub where you can see them cooking your order 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

The vine is well worth the effort its about 15 to 20 mins walk great atmosphere and if you like currys you will be very impressed they have several chefs in the mddle of pub where you can see them cooking your order 

even better. 

Are  City fans going here then? I'm going alone so would be good to know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

The vine is well worth the effort its about 15 to 20 mins walk great atmosphere and if you like currys you will be very impressed they have several chefs in the mddle of pub where you can see them cooking your order 

Sounds like a recipe for it getting to 7 o`clock, it`s freezing cold and pissing down and you say `**** it, let`s stay here and watch it on Sky`!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ever noticed how the fixture computer so  often has City  away to WBA during the Winter months?

THAT game in 75-76,  got back  and had to de ice the car. During the 1st div days (1978?) we were there on New Year's Day and Boxing  Day. 

In the forty odd years since, when in the same division, we've seemingly always been at the Hawthorns in the November - February period.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/11/2019 at 22:48, Newquay-Red said:

Really looking forward to this one. Never had an away day here, is it best to avoid wearing City gear? Doubt it will be an issue but want to make sure 

Always.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be doing my usual for this one. Go into Birmingham for pre match drinks then get either the train or metro to the hawthorns. Doesn't take too long. 

Mind you I live in the Midlands so easy for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Batman said:

I'll be doing my usual for this one. Go into Birmingham for pre match drinks then get either the train or metro to the hawthorns. Doesn't take too long. 

Mind you I live in the Midlands so easy for me. 

ok where do you recommend to go.

I'm staying over so not sure where to stay yet either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

ok where do you recommend to go.

I'm staying over so not sure where to stay yet either

Here is a screenshot of my post from the brum away thread. 

I'd say it's no different now to what it was then. I'll be in the head of steam with my wba supporting brother in law from around half 4 ish. 

Screenshot_20191118_212427_com.android.chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Stokie pal said WBA looked very ordinary but i cannot help feeling we will lose our 3rd game of the season as our lack of firepower starts to have its league positional effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/11/2019 at 00:39, 22A said:

Ever noticed how the fixture computer so  often has City  away to WBA during the Winter months?

THAT game in 75-76,  got back  and had to de ice the car. During the 1st div days (1978?) we were there on New Year's Day and Boxing  Day. 

In the forty odd years since, when in the same division, we've seemingly always been at the Hawthorns in the November - February period.

I remember the 1975/76 as I was there and we won 1-0 with Gerry Sweeney scoring the only goal and it was March. The following season 76/77 it was not on Boxing Day as it was at the Hawthorns on the 27th and it was 1-1 with Mr Tom Sticks Ritchie getting the goal. In season 77/78 the away match was in March and we went down 2-1 and Norman bite yer legs Hunter was our scorer. The following season 78/79 we went down 3-1.

i was also at the away game 73/74 and it was 2-2  and I remember my old mans Austin Cambridge never had a boot that locked and it came open on the motorway and we had to tie the boot lid down with City scarves - great memorable days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

My Stokie pal said WBA looked very ordinary but i cannot help feeling we will lose our 3rd game of the season as our lack of firepower starts to have its league positional effect.

Wouldnt bet on it, seems like the sort of game we will win; now if it was a bottom 3 team at home with 9/10men I wouldnt be so sure.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, City oz said:

I remember the 1975/76 as I was there and we won 1-0 with Gerry Sweeney scoring the only goal and it was March. The following season 76/77 it was not on Boxing Day as it was at the Hawthorns on the 27th and it was 1-1 with Mr Tom Sticks Ritchie getting the goal. In season 77/78 the away match was in March and we went down 2-1 and Norman bite yer legs Hunter was our scorer. The following season 78/79 we went down 3-1.

i was also at the away game 73/74 and it was 2-2  and I remember my old mans Austin Cambridge never had a boot that locked and it came open on the motorway and we had to tie the boot lid down with City scarves - great memorable days.

You could have got a decent one at the Car Boot Sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Not as such but the Sports Bar might be showing it since it`s on Sky.

Okay cheers, will try and give the club a call tomorrow and find out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedRobin96 said:

Okay cheers, will try and give the club a call tomorrow and find out!

Post on here once you find out - I`m sure a few will be interested to know if it is on down there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...