IGNORED

Saracens Relegated (Merged)

Northern Red

6 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/gloucester-rugby-stop-selling-beer-3515496

Incidentally, 'The Wolfpack' is one of the worst sporting nicknames I've ever heard.

Thanks for that - all clear now.

So Glaws supporters are helping to pay Saracens wages and helping Saracens cheat? #boycottwolfpacklarger

9 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I hope you'll be waving Monopoly money at anyone in a Sarries jersey or fez you see tomorrow?

I understand that a few people may well be doing such things....?

7 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

This has still passed me by - are you able to explain?

One of the many companies that Nigel West and his corrupt gang set up to help pay their players

6 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Thanks for that - all clear now.

So Glaws supporters are helping to pay Saracens wages and helping Saracens cheat? #boycottwolfpacklarger

Yes ?‍♂️. I can't believe we were the only club doing so either. It actually makes my brain hurt to think about it. Never tried a pint, but I'm reliably informed it's awful

Been a long time coming, I just hope they don't get a much softer punishment on appeal, but I'm sure they will

I'm looking forward to Barf getting nailed next ?

On 06/11/2019 at 15:47, Erithacus said:

I'm old enough to remember when Rugby Union was considered a bastion of 'amateur' sport and prided itself on that. There were whispers about boot money but it was largely low key and not subject to a spotlight. However, in today's modern and all so cynical 'professionional' era it seems they are travelling down the same route as us footballers. How times change, eh?

True, although, Bath were pretty "proffessional" for a supposedly amature club.. 

23 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Proper can of worms openif the appeal wins 

Can you imagine that? If what Saracens have been doing is deemed ok, then Sir Steve can open the chequebook and flood Bristol with a whole bunch of international stars. Personally I don't want that to happen but as you say the can of worms will be fully open.

2 hours ago, Paul G said:

Can you imagine that? If what Saracens have been doing is deemed ok, then Sir Steve can open the chequebook and flood Bristol with a whole bunch of international stars. Personally I don't want that to happen but as you say the can of worms will be fully open.

Agreed. No sport should be an open chequebook. Hope Sarries lose, take their punishment, see their squad dismantled and compete fairly in the future. 

2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yes realistically I guess they just miss a shot at Champions Cup rugby for one season as it’s unlikely they’d go down. Not really that much of a punishment is it. 

Spot on but I don't think it'll end there. Some of the other clubs will be pushing for further sanctions and rightly so in my opinion.

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Spot on but I don't think it'll end there. Some of the other clubs will be pushing for further sanctions and rightly so in my opinion.

I wonder what deal has been done though? Take their medicine this year and draw a line in the sand? I can’t imagine PRL want endless litigation tarnishing the brand. 

23 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I wonder what deal has been done though? Take their medicine this year and draw a line in the sand? I can’t imagine PRL want endless litigation tarnishing the brand. 

They may not have much choice. You'd think there would be good cases to be made from loss of earnings because of Sarries circumventing the rules. Even if they keep their titles, how many now have asterixes attached?

Exeter might have a couple more Premiership titles now. Sarries knocked Munster out in two semi finals in recent years, might we have won two more European Cups but for their financial doping? What about Leinster in last season's final? It's a really messy situation.

4 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Would be amazed if not. I don't see how they can be under the cap without cancelling or renegotiating contracts. Even if they cancelled a few I think they'd still have to pay up anyway.

Agreed- who have they sold? Think Exeter are looking to sue as well.

Personally I'd accept cancellation of contracts and payoff as they wouldn't benefit on the pitch- I'd accept that as exceptional costs, to get back into line.

Meanwhile

Penny for SL's thoughts?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed- who have they sold? Think Exeter are looking to sue as well.

Personally I'd accept cancellation of contracts and payoff as they wouldn't benefit on the pitch- I'd accept that as exceptional costs, to get back into line.

Meanwhile

Penny for SL's thoughts?

Interesting that he was so outspoken about Leeds last season that he has not recorded any soundbites yet

Archived