IGNORED

Saracens Relegated (Merged)

Northern Red

30 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Confirmed they'll be relegated this season!

Some weight off Bristol's shoulders with no threat of relegation.

Now, any good players we can pinch??

I can't believe that the Farrell and Vunipolas of this world will stick around in the Championship, even if it's only for one season?

Inevitably they'll manage to retain a fair chunk of their squad though and will piss promotion. Will still set them back years from their current position though.

Those players must surely be feeling very let down by the Saracens management... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/51164177

30 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Mmm interesting. How is the current owner's position tenable? Surely he has to go. When they come back up to the Prem there is going to be some serious scrutiny over their book-keeping again. 

Apparently the Prem are already insisting on accounts having to be published on a half-season basis. 

1 minute ago, MichaelRobartes said:

It's a negotiated settlement between the other clubs and Sarries, not a punishment handed down by the RFU. Sarries have taken relegation to avoid having to open their books. I doubt it's the end of the story.

That’s the bit of the story I’m interested in, at the start of all this they were saying the league were wrong, now with the threat of a forensic investigation into their books they’ve accepted relegation - what are they hiding? 

3 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

That’s the bit of the story I’m interested in, at the start of all this they were saying the league were wrong, now with the threat of a forensic investigation into their books they’ve accepted relegation - what are they hiding? 

It's certainly going to be interesting.

Premiership rules also say that you can't be admitted without having been in compliance with the salary cap for at least two seasons. Will that be enforced?

10 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

@Kid in the Riot they've set the parameters now so I'd say they'll have to keep an eye on everyone as far as the cap is concerned. I'm tweet-spamming the thread but this is an interesting question too:

I’ll take that episode of red dwarf where rimmer goes through a worm hole - for Saracens it can be 45 minutes, for the rest of us it’ll be 600 years 

Archived