IGNORED

Nagy story reaches chapter 94

FrozenRobin

Seen that Arsenal have told the Scottish FA today that Tierney has an 'ongoing issue' and requested that he not be called up to their latest squad. They listened (albeit they're a bigger club than us), so why are we not going to the Hungarian FA and saying exactly the same? Obviously with our coaching staff speaking to Nagy about why they feel this is the best move. 

Not only has he not kicked a ball competitively for us since August, his prolonged absence was exacerbated by his last appearance for Hungary!

How can he be called up when has obviously not been fit enough to be picked in our match day squad, let alone start a game?!

Of course it might be that he is now fit enough to be considered for selection for league games , so the club cannot justify him not being called up for internationals. 

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Not only has he not kicked a ball competitively for us since August, his prolonged absence was exacerbated by his last appearance for Hungary!

How can he be called up when has obviously not been fit enough to be picked in our match day squad, let alone start a game?!

Of course it might be that he is now fit enough to be considered for selection for league games , so the club cannot justify him not being called up for internationals. 

He might be perfectly fit and refusing to play for us?

It could be the case.

18 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Seen that Arsenal have told the Scottish FA today that Tierney has an 'ongoing issue' and requested that he not be called up to their latest squad. They listened (albeit they're a bigger club than us), so why are we not going to the Hungarian FA and saying exactly the same? Obviously with our coaching staff speaking to Nagy about why they feel this is the best move. 

Scotland have no chance of qualification from their group whereas Hungary are still in with a shout of finishing in the top two, the next two games are crucial for them and Nagy is a key player for them, similar to when Beckham / Rooney were injured in the lead up to Euro's / World Cups and we still picked them regardless.

Rules are rules but this is a farce!

Early September was one thing...but we're nearly 2 months on now so this is a nonsense!

IF it was the case that he was called up to be a good presence in the camp then that'd be passable provided he doesn't actually play or particularly do much in training.

I fully understand Hungary's POV as it goes- just think that if he's actually going to meaningfully train, let alone play then it's all wrong.

6 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Rules are rules but this is a farce!

Early September was one thing...but we're nearly 2 months on now so this is a nonsense!

IF it was the case that he was called up to be a good presence in the camp  provided he doesn't actually play or particularly do much in training.

Sounds like his role for us at the moment!:shocking:

I think it’s becoming increasingly obvious that Nagy was under the impression that he was signing for Rovers and he’s struggling to come to terms with the dissapointment of the reality*

*probably to be found on Sagchat.

Something definitely don’t seem right 

Hungary next game is Fri 15th a friendly v Uruguay 

Then Wales on the 19th  Euros

If he’s not in the squad v Cardiff then you have to think something else is up other than his fitness 

He wouldn’t meet up with his team mates until at least Tuesday 13th 

Starting to get suspicious 

I think, at the very least, there needs to be an explanation. 

It might be that he is not going to be fit for Cardiff, would be fit for the Hungary games and it is not a bad thing for us for him to get one or two games to regain match fitness and return to the side after the international break. And that is fine if so. But it is unfair on both player and club if the thinking is not explained in the circumstances.

I find it remarkable and a bit absurd that players are not allowed to play for clubs if they are not fit for their country but are allowed to play for their country if they are not fit for their clubs. 

At the moment, I feel the situation with Nagy is confusing for all of us to understand and that is giving rise to speculation which, even if there is no issue at all, could make it harder for the player to settle in and be supported by the fans. Assuming no major issues, I think it is in everyone's interests for there to be transparency about why he is being called up for international duty but unable to play for us. 

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Yeah agreed.

Ive just read this from the Bristol Post.

Even thos dont make sense to me.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-citys-adam-nagy-report-3504219

I can accept his presence in the squad- perhaps- if it's in a non playing role. Maybe offering advice, guidance and even some tactical tips from the bench- no training, no playing- good for morale. I get that.

FIFA regs on International call-ups, right to assess- preserve the integrity of international football- yes I can see that.

I can also accept Hungary's view- crucial do or die vs Wales away.

Yet, it doesn't feel right overall. I'd really rather he did what Kalas did and just looked to unilaterally withdraw from this round of internationals.

Our fans should stop acting like members of the tabloid press. Click bait headlines and awful speculation. This is a new player and bad timing and bad luck. Unless you have evidence of anything else?

What if we ask him to play at Cardiff and it came out that he said no? Can you imagine the reaction? He played when asked and got hurt. This ill feeling is exacerbated by our needs in midfield, his importance to us and the way we're playing over all.

The worst thing he's done is not look after his own career by playing when he's not fully ready.

I feel that LJ needs to come out and stop this speculation. Come out and say that Adam is a good professional, that it's unlucky and frustrating that he's missed time, but he's glad to have a player who will step up and put their body on the line when called upon.

Generally in life you won't go far wrong following the rule that If you think something's happening, it's because it is

So if the club thinks Nagy's playing silly buggers with the club, cancel his contract and let some other club sign him, and they can finance him sitting on his arse. Last thing we need is the distraction of an undependable primadonna who's telling his national team bosses on thing and telling us another. We need players that turn up and put a shift in, week in week out. 

Thank you and **** Off

So the OS says...

"Ádám Nagy has been called up to Hungary's travelling squad too, though the midfielder is a doubt to feature in either of their matches against Wales or a friendly versus Uruguay as he continues to recover from injury."

You just know he'll feature in the Wales game.

17 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Generally in life you won't go far wrong following the rule that If you think something's happening, it's because it is

So if the club thinks Nagy's playing silly buggers with the club, cancel his contract and let some other club sign him, and they can finance him sitting on his arse. Last thing we need is the distraction of an undependable primadonna who's telling his national team bosses on thing and telling us another. We need players that turn up and put a shift in, week in week out. 

Thank you and **** Off

But then that's X millions up our shirt. Don't cancel it ,just sell him and get our dosh back, IF (and I repeat ) IF this is the case !

18 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Thank you and **** Off

I'm sorry but you are talking absolute shite.

On what basis are you creating this completely wild speculation about and character assassination of a player who has done nothing other than have some bad luck with injuries? Because his country have called him up, something he has absolutely no control over?

And primadonna? Every interview I've seen him in he's been an intelligent, respectful man.

Give your head a wobble ffs.

13 minutes ago, Stortz said:

I'm sorry but you are talking absolute shite.

On what basis are you creating this completely wild speculation about and character assassination of a player who has done nothing other than have some bad luck with injuries? Because his country have called him up, something he has absolutely no control over?

And primadonna? Every interview I've seen him in he's been an intelligent, respectful man.

Give your head a wobble ffs.

I have some magic beans for sale. Something tells me you might be interested. 

45 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Our fans should stop acting like members of the tabloid press. Click bait headlines and awful speculation. This is a new player and bad timing and bad luck. Unless you have evidence of anything else?

What if we ask him to play at Cardiff and it came out that he said no? Can you imagine the reaction? He played when asked and got hurt. This ill feeling is exacerbated by our needs in midfield, his importance to us and the way we're playing over all.

The worst thing he's done is not look after his own career by playing when he's not fully ready.

I feel that LJ needs to come out and stop this speculation. Come out and say that Adam is a good professional, that it's unlucky and frustrating that he's missed time, but he's glad to have a player who will step up and put their body on the line when called upon.

Thank you Prinny.

It would be helpful with this latest call-up if the club came out and gave us Nagy’s current situation.  He’s had an injection, LJ will know where he is in terms of fitness.

There may be good reason why we haven’t heard anything.

Frustrating as fans, yep, but we just have to wait for any news, or sometimes accept we won’t be kept up to speed. 

Archived