IGNORED

Nagy story reaches chapter 94

FrozenRobin

2 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

I think its weird that the club have said have given any updates about the lads fitness and possible return to first team action.

He's potentially in contention for Sunday.......why we would give Cardiff any insight into one of our key players returning to the side?

Say nothing and let's hope he's on the team sheet Sunday morning

12 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

He looked good, but I wouldn't compare the bloke to Pele.

That's a below the belt comment and hard to take ( or not in Pele's case)!

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

People jumping to all sorts of conlusions

About 10 days ago, LJ said he'd be fit in around 10 days.

So i fully expect him to be in the squad sunday.

And if he's due to be fit, clearly Hungary will select him.

Nagy pictured after being passed fit by Hungary following his fitness test.

nagy.jpg.adeabebbf614f344dd82283b33f2de64.jpg

3 hours ago, Dolman Block B said:

I think its weird that the club have said have given any updates about the lads fitness and possible return to first team action.

Isn't it fairly standard these days that we keep opposition teams in the dark about when players are returning? I'd be surprised if he didn't feature Sunday and we didn't say anything about that post-match but, for now, it is in the clubs interests to keep Cardiff in the dark as to whether to plan for us to be with him or without him. 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Isn't it fairly standard these days that we keep opposition teams in the dark about when players are returning? I'd be surprised if he didn't feature Sunday and we didn't say anything about that post-match but, for now, it is in the clubs interests to keep Cardiff in the dark as to whether to plan for us to be with him or without him. 

I’ll go for that

But what if he ain’t in the squad for Sunday yet in his Country’s squad for the upcoming internationals ?

What If he actually plays any part for them?

What is he gets bloody injured again? 

28 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

I’ll go for that

But what if he ain’t in the squad for Sunday yet in his Country’s squad for the upcoming internationals ?

What If he actually plays any part for them?

What is he gets bloody injured again? 

I am not happy with this at all BUT, if he is selected he has no choice but to go UNLESS their FA agree he is unfit. They are not going to do that without examining him themselves and finding him unfit.

We could try to persuade them he is not fit to play but their previous actions suggest they will not buy that unless they themselves examine him and agree.

The danger is that they will put pressure on Adam to play as their game against Wales is crucial. He may then come back injured again which is no help to us.

I feel for the lad, he clearly wants to play for his country and I understand that BUT we pay his wages.

Hopefully, he is now totally fit, plays Sunday then comes back after the international break 100% fit.

From the little we have seen he is a player and will be a major asset.

19 hours ago, bcdc said:

Well you don’t ’t have to think VERY hard to realise that this is complete nonsense. So, if someone thinks the water in their tap tastes funny it’s because little green pixies widdling in it, then they’re right?  Assumptions aren’t proof of anything, only evidence is.

Blaming Nagy because you think he’s in the wrong and concluding therefore that he is in the wrong BECAUSE you think he is is not just wrong but contemptible on many levels.

Sorry Northski, but this needs calling out.

Are we ignoring the evidence of funny tasting water in your analogy?  

The investigation probably wouldn’t find pixies in my experience mind! 

32 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Are we ignoring the evidence of funny tasting water in your analogy?  

The investigation probably wouldn’t find pixies in my experience mind! 

Ah, now then RO, I didn’t say there actually was funny-tasting, only that the pixie suspecting investigator BELIEVED it was funny-tasting. 

Generally though, I thought it was about time OTIB turned its collective wisdom ? to the subject of the existence of widdling pixies.  

1 hour ago, bcdc said:

Ah, now then RO, I didn’t say there actually was funny-tasting, only that the pixie suspecting investigator BELIEVED it was funny-tasting. 

Generally though, I thought it was about time OTIB turned its collective wisdom ? to the subject of the existence of widdling pixies.  

I like it!

On 05/11/2019 at 18:59, Lord Northski said:

Generally in life you won't go far wrong following the rule that If you think something's happening, it's because it is

So if the club thinks Nagy's playing silly buggers with the club, cancel his contract and let some other club sign him, and they can finance him sitting on his arse. Last thing we need is the distraction of an undependable primadonna who's telling his national team bosses on thing and telling us another. We need players that turn up and put a shift in, week in week out. 

Thank you and **** Off

:laugh: you're weird.

On 05/11/2019 at 18:59, Lord Northski said:

Generally in life you won't go far wrong following the rule that If you think something's happening, it's because it is

True story - That's exactly what the bloke who lives across the road from us used to say. He was sectioned earlier this year, after deteriorating mental health following that 'rule' 

What a shock, at the regular press conference the question was asked and sensible, calm answers and updates were given. So, unless you're going to say that he's lying, and provide evidence. Please stop making stuff up.

"He’s nearing ever closer. Him and Korey Smith have both trained. Korey over the last 7-8 days.

Yesterday Korey had an outstanding day and really looked the real deal.

It’s slightly different with Adam because he hasn’t been as long out.

He’s trained the last couple of days with no pain and that’s a big positive."

In terms of Adam, it’s a day-by-day thing, I do expect him to go to the national side. He does have a responsibility and sometimes players try and be the hero and sometimes it’s better for them to say, ‘there’s not something right’.

He’s not a senior player, he hasn’t gone through this a lot in his career and he’s very passionate about playing for his country.

We’ve had the conversation, I’ve expressed my disappointment in the decision (in September) but I don’t hold a grudge and we go on."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-josh-brownhill-injury-3511887

8 minutes ago, Prinny said:

What a shock, at the regular press conference the question was asked and sensible, calm answers and updates were given. So, unless you're going to say that he's lying, and provide evidence. Please stop making stuff up.

"He’s nearing ever closer. Him and Korey Smith have both trained. Korey over the last 7-8 days.

In terms of Adam, it’s a day-by-day thing, I do expect him to go to the national side. He does have a responsibility and sometimes players try and be the hero and sometimes it’s better for them to say, ‘there’s not something right’.

He’s not a senior player, he hasn’t gone through this a lot in his career and he’s very passionate about playing for his country.

We’ve had the conversation, I’ve expressed my disappointment in the decision (in September) but I don’t hold a grudge and we go on."

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-johnson-josh-brownhill-injury-3511887

So some news....because there is something to say.  Here endeth all speculation and rumour.  Ta.

17 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Wow strong words from Lee, clearly not happy.

I'm glad he's training and without pain. I think this was a shock experience for both Ádám and LJ, lots to learn from it. I fully expect Ádám not to participate in any of our upcoming matches hence us not to qualify for the Euros. Clearly based on LJ comments I think he refused playing the last time (against Azerbaijdain) as he was still in pain and learned from the previous Slovakia game. The regression after that international regime was more to his extra bone I think, maybe training too much too early (he was training with BCFC as well before). I'll be honest here: we still have a chance to play some extra qualifier because of the Nations Leauge positions or something like that so I don't care if we will lose without him. People think it's mandatory to qualify as we are one of the host cities but we're no better than for 30 years when we didn't manage to do it...So as I don't see the "shame" in us not being part of the Euros (though it would be nice surely) I just want Ádám to be healty and able to play.

6 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

I'm glad he's training and without pain. I think this was a shock experience for both Ádám and LJ, lots to learn from it. I fully expect Ádám not to participate in any of our upcoming matches hence us not to qualify for the Euros. Clearly based on LJ comments I think he refused playing the last time (against Azerbaijdain) as he was still in pain and learned from the previous Slovakia game. The regression after that international regime was more to his extra bone I think, maybe training too much too early (he was training with BCFC as well before). I'll be honest here: we still have a chance to play some extra qualifier because of the Nations Leauge positions or something like that so I don't care if we will lose without him. People think it's mandatory to qualify as we are one of the host cities but we're no better than for 30 years when we didn't manage to do it...So as I don't see the "shame" in us not being part of the Euros (though it would be nice surely) I just want Ádám to be healty and able to play.

I hope you qualify. Would be great for Nagy to play in the summer. I also remember your 3-3 against Portugal in Euro 2016 as one of the best games of that tournament.

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So some news....because there is something to say.  Here endeth all speculation and rumour.  Ta.

There's news because there's a press conference. It's just the press cycle of Bristol City. We get updates before a match regarding team news, after a match and then at the pre-game press conference. Unless it's something major that leaks, say like the Afobe injury there isn't really enough interest to justify the 2-3 people who cover BCFC to get out of bed. We didn't have the midweek game this week so we went without hearing from someone for a few days longer.

Having NFL style daily press conferences allows you to control news faster. It also takes up more of the coaches time. We as fans don't really need daily injection progress updates as much as we want them for our own curiosity. I'd like an extra presser on non mid week match weeks more for the clubs benefit than mine. It would help to control speculation and misinformation that fans tend to spout and give a coach an opportunity to talk about the previous game after having analysed it.

I recommend all all city fans follow https://twitter.com/GeeMacGee He's quite open for us fans to suggest questions for him to ask questions at the press conferences. If he's getting the answers we want it's beneficial for everyone. He and the BP get the clicks, we get the info we're after. Win win.

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I hope you qualify. Would be great for Nagy to play in the summer. I also remember your 3-3 against Portugal in Euro 2016 as one of the best games of that tournament.

It would be good but here nearly everyone treats this like it's compulsory but I can't remember the last time we had a straight chance for qualifing still in the last round; we usually started counting when will our hopes completely gone after the second game... Hungarian football fans and journos are weird. If Ádám let's say steps out at this moment and says he won't play because he doesn't want to risk his health and carreer 90% of this country would think he's a s***bag and he shouldn't be invited to national team ever.

2 minutes ago, Hunsupport said:

It would be good but here nearly everyone treats this like it's compulsory but I can't remember the last time we had a straight chance for qualifing still in the last round; we usually started counting when will our hopes completely gone after the second game... Hungarian football fans and journos are weird. If Ádám let's say steps out at this moment and says he won't play because he doesn't want to risk his health and carreer 90% of this country would think he's a s***bag and he shouldn't be invited to national team ever.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, if you beat Wales you should qualify, as I can't see Slovakia winning in Croatia, so that should see you through. 

And Wales are shit :yes:

Sok szerencsét!

2 hours ago, Prinny said:

There's news because there's a press conference. It's just the press cycle of Bristol City. We get updates before a match regarding team news, after a match and then at the pre-game press conference. Unless it's something major that leaks, say like the Afobe injury there isn't really enough interest to justify the 2-3 people who cover BCFC to get out of bed. We didn't have the midweek game this week so we went without hearing from someone for a few days longer.

Having NFL style daily press conferences allows you to control news faster. It also takes up more of the coaches time. We as fans don't really need daily injection progress updates as much as we want them for our own curiosity. I'd like an extra presser on non mid week match weeks more for the clubs benefit than mine. It would help to control speculation and misinformation that fans tend to spout and give a coach an opportunity to talk about the previous game after having analysed it.

I recommend all all city fans follow https://twitter.com/GeeMacGee He's quite open for us fans to suggest questions for him to ask questions at the press conferences. If he's getting the answers we want it's beneficial for everyone. He and the BP get the clicks, we get the info we're after. Win win.

I know, I was being sarcastic to most of the others on this thread!

Archived