IGNORED

Team Bonding (Merged)

Red Army 75

16 hours ago, spudski said:

At most.. mornings only. Bit of gym work and recuperate.

I never used to believe this until I watched one of those "day in the life" YouTube videos of how modern footballers train. An hour or two in the morning, some gym work, and maybe some tactical training later on in the day.

To add to your post, there's a good reason why footballers aren't training 9-5, but why clubs are keen for them to bond more, and that's because rest and recuperation are often just as important as the training itself. Clubs want players as relaxed as possible, and they want them getting 8-10 hours of sleep a night, maybe even more. I remember Swansea had built sleeping pods at their training ground for any players that wanted a nap in the afternoon after a hard morning, and many players had credited their use as building team spirit and ensuring players felt fresh when match-days came.

Looks great fun and something different for the players. Like others have said it was probably one afternoon, an afternoon spent together doing something they wouldn’t normally do. These exercises aren’t just ‘larking about’ but put together by professionals for a reason. They are learning stuff about themselves and each other, and for a such young team with plenty of newcomers that can’t be a negative can it really?

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

I never used to believe this until I watched one of those "day in the life" YouTube videos of how modern footballers train. An hour or two in the morning, some gym work, and maybe some tactical training later on in the day.

To add to your post, there's a good reason why footballers aren't training 9-5, but why clubs are keen for them to bond more, and that's because rest and recuperation are often just as important as the training itself. Clubs want players as relaxed as possible, and they want them getting 8-10 hours of sleep a night, maybe even more. I remember Swansea had built sleeping pods at their training ground for any players that wanted a nap in the afternoon after a hard morning, and many players had credited their use as building team spirit and ensuring players felt fresh when match-days came.

Very true...to a point where the Club monitor how much sleep they are getting.

Didn't Famara first season get found out that he wasn't getting enough sleep and it was effecting his performance. Phoning Senegal at night if memory serves.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Very true...to a point where the Club monitor how much sleep they are getting.

Didn't Famara first season get found out that he wasn't getting enough sleep and it was effecting his performance. Phoning Senegal at night if memory serves.

I remember Kodjia being in trouble for that. Maybe Fam as well though? 

19 hours ago, spudski said:

I don't get the negative comments on here.

How do you know they haven't trained?

This could have taken a couple hours at most.

Do fans realise how much training pros do between games...and how much free time they get?

This is exactly what's needed in free time.

Or would you rather have them playing FIFA on their own?

Get them chatting and bonding...instead of headphones on and speaking to no one...especially as we have so many foreign lads come in. Make them feel part of something... attached to the club...not just a paid random player.

Can't believe fans think LJ and the coaching staff aren't doing the right things when it comes to training, rest, nutrition and bonding. ?

All I’m saying is that I’m surprised we did something physical like this building up to a game.  There will be a risk of injury.  If the management think that the advantages of team bonding outweigh those risks, that’s fine by me....it’s just not something I would’ve done, or if I had, I might want to excuse the likes of Kalas and Smith, one just returning from a hamstring and the other a longer term injury.  The last thing you want is Kalas slipping on something and doing his hammer again.

For info I did one of these team building things with work when I was coming back from my ACL.  We were doing one of those harmless exercises where you have 5 or 6 of you standing on 2 planks of wood and you have to walk by lifting your weight off one side, move it forward, and then do the other side, repeat.  Someone fell back on me and I twisted my knee.  That was the start of the build up of fluid that never went away!

I’m sure a City did a risk assessment, and decided to do it.

Its not being negative, it’s me worried about players getting injured on wet, slippery, uneven ground.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

All I’m saying is that I’m surprised we did something physical like this building up to a game.  There will be a risk of injury.  If the management think that the advantages of team bonding outweigh those risks, that’s fine by me....it’s just not something I would’ve done, or if I had, I might want to excuse the likes of Kalas and Smith, one just returning from a hamstring and the other a longer term injury.  The last thing you want is Kalas slipping on something and doing his hammer again.

For info I did one of these team building things with work when I was coming back from my ACL.  We were doing one of those harmless exercises where you have 5 or 6 of you standing on 2 planks of wood and you have to walk by lifting your weight off one side, move it forward, and then do the other side, repeat.  Someone fell back on me and I twisted my knee.  That was the start of the build up of fluid that never went away!

Its not being negative, it’s me worried about players getting injured on wet, slippery, uneven ground.

Whilst i agree with what your saying but surely even going to.the gym.running on a field is risky ... test sprinting etc ... 

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I get what you mean mate, but I don't think the risk is anymore than what the players do in training every day. That would be far more physical.

32 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

Whilst i agree with what your saying but surely even going to.the gym.running on a field is risky ... test sprinting etc ... 

20 minutes ago, spudski said:

I get what you mean mate, but I don't think the risk is anymore than what the players do in training every day. That would be far more physical.

.....just that on the training pitch they’ll be wearing suitable footwear.  That’s my main point.

I hope it’s been a real boost ahead of Sunday.  Just not what I’d have done ?

Christ there's some miserly folks on here ?

Footballers don't just exist to train, play and repeat, they do have lives of their own.

Psychology and mental well-being is just as important as having skill and physical attributes, sometimes often more so.  

They're allowed to be mates and have a laugh outside of their day job.

On 05/11/2019 at 23:07, spudski said:

I don't get the negative comments on here.

How do you know they haven't trained?

This could have taken a couple hours at most.

Do fans realise how much training pros do between games...and how much free time they get?

This is exactly what's needed in free time.

Or would you rather have them playing FIFA on their own?

Get them chatting and bonding...instead of headphones on and speaking to no one...especially as we have so many foreign lads come in. Make them feel part of something... attached to the club...not just a paid random player.

Can't believe fans think LJ and the coaching staff aren't doing the right things when it comes to training, rest, nutrition and bonding. ?

Amid all the pathetic, negative posts on this topic I had to log in just to like this post. The players aren’t robots. They need to have some fun and some bonding . Well done LJ and Coaching Team . 

Archived