IGNORED

Christmas Eve

sglosbcfc

I don't know why, especially after not being able to get a ticket, but I'm very excited about Sunday's match. Even allowing for the Luton and Barnsley displays, this week has felt a bit like Xmas Eve every day. A sold out City end, a big Cardiff crowd, on the box, City with strong away form (Luton aside) and I have just got that feeling that Warnock is going to be spitting feathers on the final whistle. COYR

I wish I had your confidence. Our performances have been poor recently (results flatter to deceive) and I don't feel we have enough bite/ muscle to be facing a warnock team at the moment. 

Also have horrible memories of that sol bamba game on telly and Johnson trying to match their tactics rather than focus on our own game 2 season's ago.

Sorry to be a bit glass half empty on this one, I hope I'm proven wrong!

I have to agree with the masses. 

This will be a typical ‘Warnock ball’ game. Players conning the ref, trying to wind city up so we react, playing for corners and free kicks just so they can look for Bamba and flint. I hope Johnson has discovered a way to get around warnock and his horrendous style of football but I can’t see it. I expect an up and under game, lots of dirty tactics close to the box etc., and Cardiff scoring from a couple of set pieces. 

This game will answer a lot of questions for me on how far LJ has come.

Warnock is a wily old fox, so for LJ to get one over him would be massive for all concerned.

In a bonkers division this year with no one really wanting it we somehow still find ourselves in 6th, crazy as I don't think we've been playing that well really and of course the horrendous injury list hasn't helped (apart from getting Williams in to the end of the season and showing us how good TM is)

I'd take a point right now for Sunday, and IF we can still be in the mix come JAN with players coming back and the Transfer Window open it could just be the best chance we've got of promotion in many a year and many a year to come.

I’m in the good feeling camp. Cardiff are playing poor and are missing players, just like us. But unlike us, they’re not nicking results too much. Plus it’s a derby, so anything can happen. Huge 3 points to kick us on, Weimann to score.

6 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I’m in the good feeling camp. Cardiff are playing poor and are missing players, just like us. But unlike us, they’re not nicking results too much. Plus it’s a derby, so anything can happen. Huge 3 points to kick us on, Weimann to score.

Agree with your good feeling, Cardiff are poor this season, and we have no reason to go there with trepidation.  I don't go as far as a win though, I see a 1-1 battling draw, which would be a decent point to bring home.

11 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

We didn't play them last season...

I think we all know what was meant. The last two occasions we have played there under Johnson the only people to turn up were the fans. I am expecting different on Sunday regardless of result otherwise justified criticisms will be made.

8 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I think we all know what was meant. The last two occasions we have played there under Johnson the only people to turn up were the fans. I am expecting different on Sunday regardless of result otherwise justified criticisms will be made.

I'm still cold from the Sunday 1-0 loss result.

Diony up front for 70 minutes nearly finished me off.

1 hour ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I'm still cold from the Sunday 1-0 loss result.

Diony up front for 70 minutes nearly finished me off.

The single worst forward “performance” ever seen in a City shirt......

We know what’s coming, Cardiff never change for anyone, so if we see yet another gutless and insipid performance over there then serious questions will need to be answered. The result will be the result but we’ve got to at least show the fight that has been missing in games over there for years now.

13 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

I don't know why, especially after not being able to get a ticket, but I'm very excited about Sunday's match. Even allowing for the Luton and Barnsley displays, this week has felt a bit like Xmas Eve every day. A sold out City end, a big Cardiff crowd.

I used to feel the same when Cardiff played at NP. 
What a shit hole but I used to love the hostile atmosphere, close proximity to the home fans and even the bogs with no roof in the away end........:laughcont:......

Archived