IGNORED

Diesel ban near AG (merged)

Red Army 75

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have you any better ideas? Council clearly have a bit of a spotlight on them, need to do- and be seen to be doing- something.

The proposal reminds me, before the smoking ban in pubs etc came into force, of smoking areas in such places. I clearly recall the smoking area in the Frenchay Harvester. A good idea perhaps, but no one told the smoke that it had to stay in the designated area.

I am not an environmental scientist, but I worked for BCC for most of my working life. This is typical of the council doing sweet fa and dragging their heels until they get to a stage that something must be done, and this is the cobbled together result.

I haven't read the entire proposal but I note that Ashton Gate, the stadium and much of the surrounding roads are within the Clean Air Zone Congestion charge. Am I right in thinking the council may extract £9 from fans with non-compliant Euro6 (diesel) and Euro4 (petrol) cars on matchdays?

20 hours ago, Erithacus said:

I haven't read the entire proposal but I note that Ashton Gate, the stadium and much of the surrounding roads are within the Clean Air Zone Congestion charge. Am I right in thinking the council may extract £9 from fans with non-compliant Euro6 (diesel) and Euro4 (petrol) cars on matchdays?

I don't believe so. The BBC report states that private vehicles will not incur a charge to enter the wider CAZ.

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

I don't believe so. The BBC report states that private vehicles will not incur a charge to enter the wider CAZ.

Fine if you are coming from the south, but drivers from the north will be had pressed to avoid the central diesel ban zone.

Archived