Lee Johnson Press Conference

And Its Smith

Summary

- Brownhill not trained all week

- Nagy trained last two days

- Smith trained for 8 days and looked excellent yesterday

- needed a true number 6 against Barnsley to see out game but didn’t have one

- been working one on one with Massengo and Semenyo separately this week

- Semenyo 3 years behind most 18 year olds in game knowledge due to his lack of academy background

- Semenyo development areas is NOT lack of application. Said it is hard for him to hear what fans are saying about him 

Didn't have a number 6, yet he brought off Taylor Moore who has played there before! Not ideal, but better having someone who is a defender shielding the defence than no one!

He is spot on about Semenyo. Is he going to get the coaching he needs at lower league to be a striker? I doubt it so he is better off learning on the fly here and getting some minutes here and there. Maybe reassess next summer after a year of professional training as a striker. 

Nagy and/or Korey would be a major boost to this side. Cardiff probably not the greatest matchup for them but going forward they could be a fantastic shield in front of the defence.

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

He is spot on about Semenyo. Is he going to get the coaching he needs at lower league to be a striker? I doubt it so he is better off learning on the fly here and getting some minutes here and there. Maybe reassess next summer after a year of professional training as a striker. 

Nagy and/or Korey would be a major boost to this side. Cardiff probably not the greatest matchup for them but going forward they could be a fantastic shield in front of the defence.

Semenyo just needs a goal to boost his confidence, once he does I think we'll see a different player.

It sounds good, but playing Nagy and Smith together is a little risky consider they haven't played a competitive game together yet. Probably better to ease Korey back in slowly.

47 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Didn't have a number 6, yet he brought off Taylor Moore who has played there before! Not ideal, but better having someone who is a defender shielding the defence than no one!

Taylor Moore who had been subbed due to injury in the game before.

Perhaps the sub was precautionary...

36 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Think the problem we have is having a home grown young player in the match day squad...and fitting that around who we have fit and available.

22 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

... if you'd have offered me a true 69

A few years back Colin Montgomery scored 2 under par in tricky conditions.

The Comentator said "when Monty was lying in his hotel room this morning, if he'd been offered a 69 he'd have happily taken it" 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Think the problem we have is having a home grown young player in the match day squad...and fitting that around who we have fit and available.

Don’t think it is a massive problem. Pretty sure you need a homegrown player or you can only name 6 subs. Semenyo doesn’t need to be on the bench but obviously worth having there rather than an empty space. 

2 hours ago, Tre Bong said:

Semenyo just needs a goal to boost his confidence, once he does I think we'll see a different player.

It sounds good, but playing Nagy and Smith together is a little risky consider they haven't played a competitive game together yet. Probably better to ease Korey back in slowly.

Yea sorry didn’t mean for Sunday. Partly why I mentioned bad matchup just meant going forward. It will be nice to pick 2-3 from Nagy, Smith, Brownhill and Massengo

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

So do we have to assume no Brownhill, Nagy or Korey Sunday? Yes Korey has trained all week but I can't see him starting. Our midfield will be interesting against the blue ********.

If Brownhill is out every chance Korey might play.

Archived