IGNORED

Football’s - and City’s - Moral Compass

CyderInACan

What with the shenigans going on at Derby - not just the drink driving and fleeing the scene but the double standards deployed thereafter towards the 2 drivers and the injured passenger, but also the sale and purchase of their own ground to themselves and employing the over-rated imo Wayne Rooney in a dual player and coach role to, again, seemingly cock a snook at FFP regs - and Cardiff with their thoroughly reprehensible public wrangling over the Sala financials, I would hope that City - under the ownership of Sir Steve and family - would lead by example should such situations arise. 

FFP wise Lansdown has long since demanded sustainability from the football club and with a background such as his I can’t imagine such financial chicanery as seen at Derby, Sheff Weds, Villa (&others) to circumvent the regs would be allowed. We seem to be adept nowadays at doing our business in private so I can’t see a situation arise where we’d publicly find ourselves in a position like Cardiff (god forbid we find ourselves in such anyway)

We seem to have a desire to do things right nowadays. I hope we continue to do so as football has become a murky, duplicitous and thoroughly self centred circus. 

Even good old Rugby has finally summoned up the cojones to deal with Saracens and their blatant attempts to circumvent the salary cap and restrictions therein. Hopefully football can follow suit  

Its obviously been years now since the steve brooker prison issue, fortunately we havent really had any of this type of issue since then. If say tomas kalas who was signed for huge money got caught drink driving i wonder if the club would show the moral highground then? Hopefully we wont be put in that type of position!

35 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Whilst I agree with most of what you say, and I realise the main points are around the administration of BCFC compared to others, I’m always a bit uneasy when ‘morality’ is mentioned. It’s only a few weeks since events at Luton, after all.

And Tammy driving Matthews’s car into a wall at Failand.

We aren’t completely white, but not the scale of Cardiff / Derby.

Lets hope we don’t have to find out. 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

And Tammy driving Matthews’s car into a wall at Failand.

We aren’t completely white, but not the scale of Cardiff / Derby.

Lets hope we don’t have to find out. 

As long as there are no christmas parties. Got a mate who was solicitor for Cardiff and he was always busy after christmas parties.

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

If the worst did happen I don`t think SL would look too kindly on it - remember Cheltenham?

Good shout.  Think that tells you a lot about SL and the club, in terms of the action he might take.

With the recent Luton stuff he was straight on the front-foot too.

I think we can be safe in the knowledge that SL has the right moral compass.

• Admin

The Sala case, as sordid as it appears, is surely the work of the legal bods ensuring that no liability is admitted, they could be open to all sorts of costs if they were to admit liability.  I know it doesn't seem right, but those in charge of the business, have to be acting in the best interests of it and that is sometimes not as palatable as we'd like.  It may well be that most if not all clubs would be in the same position and dealing with it in a similar way.

9 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

What with the shenigans going on at Derby - not just the drink driving and fleeing the scene but the double standards deployed thereafter towards the 2 drivers and the injured passenger, but also the sale and purchase of their own ground to themselves and employing the over-rated imo Wayne Rooney in a dual player and coach role to, again, seemingly cock a snook at FFP regs - and Cardiff with their thoroughly reprehensible public wrangling over the Sala financials, I would hope that City - under the ownership of Sir Steve and family - would lead by example should such situations arise. 

FFP wise Lansdown has long since demanded sustainability from the football club and with a background such as his I can’t imagine such financial chicanery as seen at Derby, Sheff Weds, Villa (&others) to circumvent the regs would be allowed. We seem to be adept nowadays at doing our business in private so I can’t see a situation arise where we’d publicly find ourselves in a position like Cardiff (god forbid we find ourselves in such anyway)

We seem to have a desire to do things right nowadays. I hope we continue to do so as football has become a murky, duplicitous and thoroughly self centred circus. 

Even good old Rugby has finally summoned up the cojones to deal with Saracens and their blatant attempts to circumvent the salary cap and restrictions therein. Hopefully football can follow suit  

Reg, I know we both went to grammar schools but your use of the English Language is a fantastic example to all forum users in today's modern usage of slang and understandable words. Take a bow in bringing to OTIB , a Jacob Rees Mogg guide to the modern football fans use of the English Language.

8 minutes ago, oldstandrobin said:

Reg, I know we both went to grammar schools but your use of the English Language is a fantastic example to all forum users in today's modern usage of slang and understandable words. Take a bow in bringing to OTIB , a Jacob Rees Mogg guide to the modern football fans use of the English Language.

C’mon Dave you know as well as I do that cojones is French. 

Archived