IGNORED

SLO Finally we might have one?

Tipps69

• SC&T Board Members

I've only ever heard good things about Jerry, which have been mirrored in my own limited exchanges with him over the years.

It's very good to have a dyed-in-the-wool City fan in the role, who will see things through supporters' eyes.

Hopefully he will be allowed to interact with fans by all available means, including on here.

A very familiar face and well known to the fans as a long term City fanatic.

Very knowledgeable about the club and friendly and approachable if my rare trips on Cats are anything to go by - he always seems to be the steward even if there's a 10 year gap between trips!

Not sure this appointment could be bettered tbh.

A fantastic appointment, so happy for Jerry as the role is perfect for him. We fans are in very capable hands. He is very fair and honest and has Bristol City's best interest at heart. Great sense of humour and gets on well with everyone.

Except for singing a 20 plus goals striker this is the best appointment the club could have made.

The difficulty with any SLO is that they’re employed by the club so immediately at a disadvantage. Ruffle too many feathers and they’d get shown the exit door.

Can you imagine the SLO standing up to Ashton - the CEO and the man who pays their wages?

The role should funded independently from the BCFC and as we all know that ain’t gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The difficulty with any SLO is that they’re employed by the club so immediately at a disadvantage. Ruffle too many feathers and they’d get shown the exit door.

Can you imagine the SLO standing up to Ashton - the CEO and the man who pays their wages?

The role should funded independently from the BCFC and as we all know that ain’t gonna happen.

More of a arbitration role and backed by fans he will stand strong

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That obviously is a quandry in relation to the SLO concept for any club and SLO. I would suggest that one way to resolve it would be for the club to offer to work in tandem with a recognised supporters' organisation, in City's case the SC&T, to come up with a mechanism whereby the SLO could not be sacked simply for 'ruffling too many feathers'. That might be, for instance, that the SLO could only be sacked with the agreement of the supporters' organisation concerned.

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If people could act in the great spirit of Beryl Fudge things would be just fine

He would have known Beryl, intact I have heard him chatting about her. Jerry is one of those BCFC type legends.

12 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

That obviously is a quandry in relation to the SLO concept for any club and SLO. I would suggest that one way to resolve it would be for the club to offer to work in tandem with a recognised supporters' organisation, in City's case the SC&T, to come up with a mechanism whereby the SLO could not be sacked simply for 'ruffling too many feathers'. That might be, for instance, that the SLO could only be sacked with the agreement of the supporters' organisation concerned.

Good suggestion BR but if Ashton won’t agree to such a proposal nothing will happen. I did hear from a very reliable source that the SLO is forbidden to communicate on here.......I mean, c’mon! this is one place where fans have easy access to the SLO.

Archived