IGNORED

SLO Finally we might have one?

Tipps69

I don't know Jerry personally but see him at every away match. Good luck to him. Hard to think of a better appointment - supporter who has been to every away match for over 30 years accepts role as SLO...I hope the club appreciate how fortunate they are that he said yes!

It would be great if he could post on here...and given how well recognised Jerry will be to supporters it is a bit odd that there was no photo to accompany the announcement on the site. It's a great story for the club.

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I don't know Jerry personally but see him at every away match. Good luck to him. Hard to think of a better appointment - supporter who has been to every away match for over 30 years accepts role as SLO...I hope the club appreciate how fortunate they are that he said yes!

It would be great if he could post on here...and given how well recognised Jerry will be to supporters it is a bit odd that there was no photo to accompany the announcement on the site. It's a great story for the club.

I don’t him personally either and his profile fits the SLO position perfectly - however imo he’s taken on a poison chalice. The most recent SLOs have been ineffectual in pretty much every way. No authority, no sway and no independence from the club,

I can’t see Jerry’s role as SLO being any different but I wish him all the luck!

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

I've only ever heard good things about Jerry, which have been mirrored in my own limited exchanges with him over the years.

It's very good to have a dyed-in-the-wool City fan in the role, who will see things through supporters' eyes.

Hopefully he will be allowed to interact with fans by all available means, including on here.

Hear, hear. I don’t know Jerry, however, given the background info in the OS announcement it’s brilliant that a genuine City supporter has been appointed. Good luck Jerry.

A great appointment, top bloke is Jerry. I`ve known him for donkey`s years and he even came all the way down from Dursley to Bridgwater on a cold November Friday twenty odd years ago to come to my wedding which I won`t forget (it was Ipswich away the following day so it had to be a Friday for both of us!).

If there`s anyone that I know who`s credentials as a City fan are without question it`s him.

1 hour ago, Red Exile said:

He is a very modest person and I would bet anything that he specifically asked for no fuss. No doubt he will make the role his own, in his own way and I am delighted for him as I've said.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

A fantastic appointment, so happy for Jerry as the role is perfect for him. We fans are in very capable hands. He is very fair and honest and has Bristol City's best interest at heart. Great sense of humour and gets on well with everyone.

Except for singing a 20 plus goals striker this is the best appointment the club could have made.

Musical Note on Apple iOS 13.2Musical Note on Apple iOS 13.2Musical Note on Apple iOS 13.2Musical Note on Apple iOS 13.2Something like this?

14 minutes ago, Spoons said:

SLO at our club is a thankless task. Our fans want want want. 

Club deserve credit for this appointment, top bloke and a true fan! 

I'm sure he even missed a family wedding to attend a city away match? 

The new SLO sounds like a top bloke and super fan but he’ll find himself dealing with stubborn and unhelpful heads of departments and of course Ashton himself - the very man who pays his salary.

The poor guy has little chance of getting anything important done - and far as I’m aware our fans are  not necessarily want,want, want. 
Simple issues like problems with shop or tickets are relatively easy to sort will be pretty much all he gets.

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Poor Jerry, the guy is a top legend in my eyes and doesn’t deserve the crap that will come his way as experienced by his predecessors. He better get used to replying on here at all hours and to all the irrelevance he will be tagged in

He could have said no. 

Archived