IGNORED

SLO Finally we might have one?

Tipps69

On 08/11/2019 at 13:47, Lanterne Rouge said:

A great appointment, top bloke is Jerry. I`ve known him for donkey`s years and he even came all the way down from Dursley to Bridgwater on a cold November Friday twenty odd years ago to come to my wedding which I won`t forget (it was Ipswich away the following day so it had to be a Friday for both of us!).

If there`s anyone that I know who`s credentials as a City fan are without question it`s him.

Seem to recall myself and Julián there as well! Couldn’t agree more though this is a fantastic appointment for the club to make  , they are very lucky to have him as are we the supporters. 

19 hours ago, reddoh said:

for the new SLO welcome to the Job

I just have 2 things to raise but not sure you can help

1) a cold toilet seat

2) warm hand dryer

forget about the speakers in the Dolman

He sits in the Dolman so speaker will now be a priority ?

On 09/11/2019 at 14:42, Harry said:

But my point mate is that you are trying to place the SLO role as a political one - where you’d expect the fans to use the SLO to campaign for this or that and to have a supporter-bias. 

That’s not what the role is. It’s not a ‘fan on the board’ type of role. It’s just someone who 100% understands the nature of being a football fan, who will be able to be there and answer any needs of the fans - and he’s super-experienced and informed to be able to do that. 

If you take your example of moving S82/standing area to behind the goal, then sure that’s something that could be raised through the SLO, but would also be something for the SCT to be involved with - they would be more of the ‘supporter campaigning’ type of group. The SLO is not there as a political position to hold the club to account, he’s there to help supporters with day to day enquiries and issues, not complicated fundamentals such as safe standing and the like. 

Ashton’s own thoughts around the SLO are not important, the SLO is there to help supporters, not to campaign against the club in certain matters. 

For what it’s worth, Jer is perfect for such a role and will be empathetic to all supporters needs. 

Is your view on the role strictly your own or one that reflects UEFAs definition and, therefore, BCFC's obligation? 

On 09/11/2019 at 15:43, Mr Popodopolous said:

Great news!!

Never met him, but only read and heard positive things. He was the record holder for consecutive away games wasn't he?

Augurs well- he clearly has City fan credentials, clearly is one of us- unambiguously so which can only strengthen credibility I reckon.

This now heralds a sea change I hope- like I say from what I've read and heard, he seems a perfect match!

Welcome Jerry!

I honestly couldn’t think of a better choice. He’s a great guy and will do a fantastic job (if he’s allowed to). It’s a really positive appointment.

Now, if only the club could do a total U-turn on it’s awful social media strategy and I might actually reconsider refollowing @bristolcity on twitter 

On 08/11/2019 at 18:55, Up The City! said:

Unfortunately I feel that his excellent reputation may be somewhat tarnished in the future by this through no fault of his own.

The job is a poisoned chalice

I have a good feeling about his appointment and think he will do well.

However, it is worth noting the turnover in the role!

In the last 6 or 7 years, if my memory is right we've had:

1. Dave L
  2. Adam Baker
  3. Rachel Lemar- jointly with Adam Baker?
  4. Matt Parsons
  5. The last guy whose name escapes me right now- ironic given my pushback against his (club decided) lack of presence on here! ?
  6. Now Jerry Tocknell.

About 1 a year or maybe a bit less on average if Lemar and Baker were joint at one point- nuts!

I think that's everyone...

Archived