IGNORED

Stoke appoint O’Neill

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Not strictly true. 
Coleman took over on the 18th of February, with Coventry in 20th, won his first game in charge to move them to 18th, 4 points above 21st but went on to win 3 out of his next 14 to see them go down by a point. 
Not totally his fault, but he did take over a club outside the relegation zone and move them in to it...

Not true - Coventry did not get relegated in 2007/2008 ...

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Getting my league one and championship tables mixed up!

He did however take them perilously close, much closer than when he took over

Yep, you’ve got it mixed up. Not sure which season you were describing??! Coleman didn’t manage Coventry in league one. Coleman was never relegated as a manager in the premier league and Coventry were never relegated from the championship under his leadership either. 

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, you’ve got it mixed up. Not sure which season you were describing??! Coleman didn’t manage Coventry in league one. Coleman was never relegated as a manager in the premier league and Coventry were never relegated from the championship under his leadership either. 

I’m describing the season where he took Coventry to 21st in the championship, hopefully that was portrayed pretty well in the post, relegation statement aside

33 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I’m describing the season where he took Coventry to 21st in the championship, hopefully that was portrayed pretty well in the post, relegation statement aside

Fair enough, as we both acknowledged, he only took over with not much of the season left so finishing 21st (outside the relegation zone) wasn’t really his doing...

32 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough, as we both acknowledged, he only took over with not much of the season left so finishing 21st (outside the relegation zone) wasn’t really his doing...

He had 15 games to try and turn things around and made things worse, in the end he was fortunate they didn’t go down

On 08/11/2019 at 18:40, Jerseybean said:

This seems a huge gamble to me. Michael O’Neill, I think, only has club experience with Shamrock Rovers and Brechin City. Stoke are in a very difficult position (on and off the pitch) so much so that many fans were  hoping Tiny Penis would return to rescue them. 

Be interesting to see how he goes, starting with his first game v Barnsley tomorrow which has already been labelled as a six pointer.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/nov/08/what-stoke-can-expect-after-prising-michael-oneill-from-northern-ireland

Stoke could well be the next Sunderland.

So a great start....the first time Stoke have scored four in 156 games!

Archived