IGNORED

Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day 16

Good morning everyone.

It took a while but after some weeks where City have lost points, often late in the game, the club have finally paid the price and slipped well off the pace. Quite remarkable how, for so long and with many disappointing results, City could have gone top or second with one win which they were never able to achieve. Now, it will take a run of perhaps 4 games before those lofty heights can be enjoyed. And it does not get any easier does it? Cardiff have the upper hand over City in recent years; Since 2003 these two teams have played each other 22 times and City have managed just 4 wins. It does not bode well especially with Neil Warnock in charge whom Lee Johnson seems to find hard to overcome. 13 losses and 5 draws conclude the results of those 22 matches. In the 22 martches before those, stretching back to 1972 City were dominant; no less than 15 wins,  loss. 

Starting lineup:

GoalkeeperFrank Fielding
DefenderNathan Baker
DefenderBailey Wright
Defender/Centre backAden Flint
Defender/MidfielderJoe Bryan
MidfielderJosh Brownhill
MidfielderKorey Smith
Midfielder/ForwardBobby Reid
ForwardLoïs Diony

The Cardiff team that day back on February last year, also a midday weekend kick off that day:-

Starting lineup:

GoalkeeperNeil Etheridge
DefenderSol Bamba
Defender/ForwardGreg Halford
Defender/MidfielderCallum Paterson
Defender/Left backJoe Bennett
MidfielderLiam Feeney
MidfielderJoe Ralls
Midfielder/ForwardJunior Hoilett
ForwardGary Madine

Injuries aside you have to think that City are significantly stronger than 18 months ago. You also have to expect Lee Johnson will be that much wiser, that much more cunning and that much more mature in his planning and execution. He needs to be. He has had the backing and this game is a test of that. The expectation is there and he needs to deliver, his players need to deliver. Let's hope he has his tactics spot on and each and every player can execute that into a very decent commanding win. A draw or loss and people will again question the credentials of the club for a comfortable top six and rightly so.

Here is an interesting fact completely unrelated to football. I suspect few of you know that Flat Holm is part of Wales. It actually forms part of the City of Cardiff and Steep Holm is part of North Somerset. Be very odd if either were inhabited especially on a day when this match takes place. Now there's a thought.

Right, must find a local pub that shows the game and turns up the volume. :) Enjoy the game folks and a very happy Remembrance Sunday to you all.

476714429_Cardiff2.thumb.jpg.33f9078a8368c02a93d4b204dd56e99d.jpg

P.SA. Bacon Butties at Cardiff for a quid with every drink purchase... gorrrrnnnnnn.

Too tired after the boxing, I can't think straight this morning. We need to throw the kitchen sink at Cardiff. Their defence is one of the leakiest in the league (Aden Flint d'oh) so we need to press. Is Hunt back because we need him on the wing and we need bodies to defend any Cardiff set pieces. Hope Bakes chops Flint. Can see a 3-2-3-2 with wingers floating up and back.

It's games like this I miss Scotty.

23 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Too tired after the boxing, I can't think straight this morning. We need to throw the kitchen sink at Cardiff. Their defence is one of the leakiest in the league (Aden Flint d'oh) so we need to press. Is Hunt back because we need him on the wing and we need bodies to defend any Cardiff set pieces. Hope Bakes chops Flint. Can see a 3-2-3-2 with wingers floating up and back.

It's games like this I miss Scotty.

You box ? 

Good Afternoon all (it is here)   Sorry,  but I want a win obviously, I can't see LJ managing to out fox Colin, especially with the injuries and suspension of Fammy. A draw would be a good result at the moment, but hey, who knows what will happen at the City of Cardiff Stadium, Cardiff are not exactly on a high, but then they will be a bit more confident after their good win against Brum. Still, let's hope all goes well and at least we come away with something.  Come On You Reds!

With everyone fit I'd love to see a 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 like how Leicester line up. Our RBs and CBs can obviously rotate dependent on form! Same for our centre mids...

Bentley

Hunt  Kalas, Moore, Dasilva

Smith     Nagy

Eliasson, Brownhill, COD

Fam

I know it's not what people want to read but we've not won a game in Cardiff in 17 years, we've just drawn with the worst team in the league after having a 2 goal lead, we've got a lot of injuries, so many in fact that we've already had to change from 4-4-2 to 3-5-2 which means Eliasson doesn't fit into the team despite being one of the most create players we have. All in all there isn't much suggesting we will win today. 

Right now I'd bite the hands off of someone who offered us a draw, especially when I live in Cardiff and will hear it for months if we lose. 

I think with Brownhill out, and Pack knowing exactly how we setup, Warnock is going to have a massive advantage, especially when Cardiff are playing well at home this season. 

What a test for Johnson...

Wavering squad confidence, slew of key players missing, an imbalanced squad.

Take that away to a hostile environment, against a tough team with a wily manager and former City players...

All the ingredients for a shit pie.

How does Johnson make this all gravy (to make the pie taste better...?)?

Archived