IGNORED

Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day 16

Baker did a job on Flint.

Williams - epic. 

COD back to his best IMO - carried the ball well and looked dangerous.

What a strike from Josh. 

Palmer with a decent cameo.

A team performance, had to soak up some pressure, was ugly at times, but got the job done again. 

Kalas back, Nagy back, Smith nearly back. Good times.

Back into the playoffs and time to kick on now.

42 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Not sticking up top

Indeed. One of our major problems is having nobody as an outlet up-top, meaning the play quickly comes back at us when we clear upfield. We did manage the later stages today much better, so credit to LJ and the players. 

Great result, even if the performance, yet again, highlighted some of our weaknesses/challenges. 

Lets look forward we optimism. COYR. 

OK; Cardiff had three former City players in their line up, but is their 'keeper Etheridge related to City's Bobby?

Back on track, a pleasing result. A minor grumble though. City were awarded a first half throw in. The ball was thrown towards our goal, the recipient passed further back and the next player didn't seem to know what to do, so passed to Bentley. he kicked the ball upfield and it went out for a throw, almost exactly where City had just taken theirs. As I say though, that's just a minor grumble (after all there's always one). Well done not just the players but also the Manager and coaching staff.

Well done boys, not a great performance, but the back three were fantastic today, especially Williams. Absolutely terrific to do Cardiff on their own ground and climb back into the play offs. Fantastic goal from Josh, the dip on that shot was brilliant and gave their goalie no chance. Bring on Notts Forest and hopefully Korey may be back. COYR's!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

When Palmer came on we improved hugely. Really liked the look of Palmer and Weimann up top with O'Dowda joining up from behind.

Palmer was fantastic. Kalas and Williams absolute rocks. Pereira very impressive. Thought it was strange to bring him off for Moore.

Nagy really struggled, but obviously not fit and still showed glimpses. 

O"Dowda fantastic again. Brownhill improved as the game went on.

Weimann fantastic in his general play. But should have scored that chance, and I thought the through ball for O'Dowda was poorly executed. But what a performance off the ball from him.

Rowe had his best game at left wing back for me. Strange how much room he had. Baker got better as game went on but I thought struggled the most out of our back 3.

Watkins did decent. But it may be that Palmer takes that place now.

Agree with most of that except Baker. Obviously told to cover Flint and did that really well, either winning the aerial duels or doing enough to make sure he could get a clear head on goal. Flint not having a clear header on goal in any game would be an achievement, but in a game against his former club when Cardiff had 7 corners is brilliant. Thought Baker was great and did his job brilliantly. 

For the most part that was a tremendous battling away performance. Perreira, Williams and Baker especially were excellent and Weimann again was absolutely selfless in his work rate for the team. That was also O’Dowdas best game through the middle. I think with Fammy back next game the Marley experiment is over, but you can’t fault him for effort. Brownhills goal was exceptional.

Shame that certain posters would rather count the number of misplaced passes and only post negatively rather than enjoy a decent performance and a hard fought win.

Just now, Sitrom said:

I thought Keith Andrews spoke with a good understanding of us.  Seems to get a lot of grief on here.  But I did not disagree with any of his post match points.  Also, that's the first time I've seen us beat Cardiff.  Feels great.  

It’s his pre-match stuff that grinds.

Just now, Sitrom said:

I thought Keith Andrews spoke with a good understanding of us.  Seems to get a lot of grief on here.  But I did not disagree with any of his post match points.  Also, that's the first time I've seen us beat Cardiff.  Feels great.  

Yeh he actually seemed to know what he was talking about for once.

Archived