IGNORED

Cardiff City v Bristol City Match Day 16

"Other side of the hill" view; No praise for us, just poor performance by their team.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?441438-FT-CARDIFF-CITY-0-1-BRISTOL-CITY-Match-thread/page4&s=af25fa043948a42f93d6bf9be964e5a9

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
I hate Sunday lunchtime kickoffs. Our fans were subdued for the entire match and almost completely silent in the last 10 minutes.

I agree, can’t be a worse time to play a derby....Friday night, we’d have won with a great atmosphere.....

2 things were confirmed for me today.
This is definitely the weakest squad we’ve had at this level, and this is definitely the weakest championship since we arrived over a decade ago.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

"Other side of the hill" view; No praise for us, just poor performance by their team.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?441438-FT-CARDIFF-CITY-0-1-BRISTOL-CITY-Match-thread/page4&s=af25fa043948a42f93d6bf9be964e5a9

I hate Sunday lunchtime kickoffs. Our fans were subdued for the entire match and almost completely silent in the last 10 minutes.

I agree, can’t be a worse time to play a derby....Friday night, we’d have won with a great atmosphere.....

2 things were confirmed for me today.
This is definitely the weakest squad we’ve had at this level, and this is definitely the weakest championship since we arrived over a decade ago.

No out and out best team, but no out and out worst either.

34 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

I was sat amongst the Cardiff faithful chatting to a very reasonable Cardiff fan . He rates pack( and was amazed we let him go) , thinks Flint is a bit one dimensional as a defender and that Tomlin is used more as an impact player now - but when they do play him the rest of the team don’t know how to play with him.

only interesting comment was that he feels Warnock has toned down a bit more this season and has one eye on his retirement ... 

i respected his views and then in return I stole 3 points from him . 
done like a kipper ...   
Picture is my favourite from the afternoon ... loved hearing the noise of ourselves - wasn’t going  to join in though ... 

735C4485-EE73-43E6-A970-261EE1D4EEF0.jpeg

Always good to hear views of another fan IF they talk sense 

1 hour ago, Montpelierblue said:

By some miracle. We’ve been shiiite all season. Warnock should have stood aside end of last season. Reckon we will finish about 16th. What an amazing waste of a season and the parachute cash. A decent manager would have kept bobby and got Murphy firing, both had talent wasted by Neil.

Are you seriously saying the bloke who got your bang-average squad into the Premier League at the first attempt isn’t a decent manager?

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Very respecful silence before kick-off for the fallen.

Followed by 90 minutes silence from the Cardiff fans.

Proud of our team and the travelling fans today.

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Brownhill has excelled even more since becoming captain 

Thought Josh had a poor game today, aside from the phenomenal strike for the goal that is!

He overhit 3 or 4 passes when we were well placed to break away, and got outfought in CM on a number of 50/50s.

Do agree that he has been more consistent since becoming Captain though.

32 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Because he doesn’t suit a long ball team . Strange signing in the first place imo 

Last season they were sort of long ball but bit more variety at times too- Arter and Camarasa are technically sound midfielders, had them both on loan- sort of players on the same wavelength as Reid, especially if you put Gunnarsson-Arter. Then say Murphy-Camarasa-Hoillett and Reid up front in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 hybrid. Bacuna from January and Ralls could'vbe rotate into those 2 in front opf the back 4- not the worst and one you can get more than the sum of its parts from- Callum Paterson showed flashes too.

On paper you'd think they would be able to have built on it a bit back at this level with strong Championship performers signed in summer 2018 even though they lost Arter, Camarasa and Gunnarson in midfield- but they certainly did not! Adding Pack and Vaulks should've helped to fill a bit of a void too, Madine a useful option or at least with Bolton and Sheffield United and Tomlin an enigma yet one who seemed to find a bit of form at times this season.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Are you seriously saying the bloke who got your bang-average squad into the Premier League at the first attempt isn’t a decent manager?

He is decent but he’s 70 now and I think last season has taken its toll on him, a constant battle “against the system” and the death of Sala, he’s not the same as 2 years ago. I think the players haven’t the same drive either, only 6 months ago we played Man Utd off the park and win at old Trafford, we still have most of that team bar bobby Reid who obv doesn’t want to play the Warnock way in the championship. We played some decent stuff with camarasa and Murphy, when Neil chose him, which wasn't very often, last bobby Reid. Some weird decisions......anyway, I could see it coming today, enjoy the day. Season over for us

10 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

He is decent but he’s 70 now and I think last season has taken its toll on him, a constant battle “against the system” and the death of Sala, he’s not the same as 2 years ago. I think the players haven’t the same drive either, only 6 months ago we played Man Utd off the park and win at old Trafford, we still have most of that team bar bobby Reid who obv doesn’t want to play the Warnock way in the championship. We played some decent stuff with camarasa and Murphy, when Neil chose him, which wasn't very often, last bobby Reid. Some weird decisions......anyway, I could see it coming today, enjoy the day. Season over for us

Fair comments. I did expect more of a bounce from you this season. Too early to say the season is over though, you’re 7 points off the play offs with 90 still to play for. Fine margins in the Championship, everyone beats everyone, and any team who can put together a little run could climb the table very quickly. Look at Villa last season.

I would say all the best but I’d be lying! (married to a Cardiff girl, this fixture matters to me more than any other)

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Yep, my (oft derided) views on Warnock don’t need to be repeated, but of course he’s been much more than a ‘decent manager’ - he’s averaged one promotion every four seasons over the last three decades as a manager, phenomenal record that no one else can match.

Of course, the pedant in me has to point out that Warnock took Cardiff from the relegation places to a 12th placed finish in his first season in charge. He promoted them to the premier league at the end of his second season there .... 

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Thought Josh had a poor game today, aside from the phenomenal strike for the goal that is!

He overhit 3 or 4 passes when we were well placed to break away, and got outfought in CM on a number of 50/50s.

Do agree that he has been more consistent since becoming Captain though.

I thought he played really well.  Yep, the odd lack of composure with a couple of passes, I agree, but I thought he was everywhere today...freed by the return of Nagy.

Needs to kick on with goals now.  3 after a 1/3 of the season....albeit sacrificed into the holding role for weeks.  He does need to break double figures.

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep, my (oft derided) views on Warnock don’t need to be repeated, but of course he’s been much more than a ‘decent manager’ - he’s averaged one promotion every four seasons over the last three decades as a manager, phenomenal record that no one else can match.

Of course, the pedant in me has to point out that Warnock took Cardiff from the relegation places to a 12th placed finish in his first season in charge. He promoted them to the premier league at the end of his second season there .... 

First full season. But steering them to safety when he arrived was also an achievement, albeit an expected one.

Well, that made my weekend, new job today with Cardiff City fans will be a blast and I watched the game at my mates house, who is also a Cardiff City fan, and when Brownhill let loose I flew off of his sofa haha

I love it when City surprise me in a positive way, Barnsley was the complete opposite to yesterday

It’s a funny old game, I actually thought we were fairly poor in all honesty. If we lose 1-0 & played that way, they would be getting pelters on here. We played that way, won & ive seen comments alluding to it being a great performance. We were dogged, worked hard, rode our luck a bit, & scored a cracking goal, nothing more, nothing less imo. Really want us to kick on now, this group of players is capable of playing better. Have more composure, move the ball quicker, have better movement off the ball, there is definitely more to come. We have good players on the fringe of coming back & that should give us a boost leading up to January, when hopefully we can find that striker I think we really need. Great result, not so sure on the performance. COYR 

Archived