IGNORED

What does COD do?

EmersonsRed

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Wow. Watch the game again. He was very good today. 

Just wanted to make a joke Dave seems as though many people have taken it the wrong way :(

16 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

You'll be changing your tuna, soon.

hahahahaha

see

this is the type of response I am here for

COYR

FWIW I was worried about starting COD tI day against their 3 of Pack, Bacuna and Ralls, but Ralls replacement with Tomlin meant we had a bit more room in the middle of the pitch.

As a midfielder I thought that was as committed performance I’ve seen from Callum.

2nd highest touches in a City shirt (behind Josh), 4th over both sides.

359FA967-F6EF-415D-A525-02FE15132AF1.thumb.jpeg.c025022ba370c2054f568264cf36c40e.jpeg

Lots of green icons - ball wins and clearances.  Played an important role today.

1 hour ago, Redpool said:

He's absolutely useless and contributes f all apart from a forward run which results in him losing possession or falling to the floor. His goal & assist record is extremely poor at this level.

Why he was given a new deal I have no idea. Evidently no other club in the summer wanted him hence signing an extended deal. To which we should have retracted our offer.

Since joining us, he has not progressed at all. Reminds me of Martyn Woolford who also contributed diddly squat. Should be playing in League One. 

Lunchtime kick off = drunken **** comments mid afternoon! 

Thought he was good today. Dynamic, energetic and worked hard which fitted the game plan of trying to beat Cardiff with a combination of tempo and counter attack perfectly.

Until fairly recently I was still thinking that he should be a wide player but it's pretty clear now that, at least away from home, he's far more effective playing in a central 3 with his athletcism, work rate and pace but maybe not always at AG where his ability to spring forward from deeper situations can be negated if we're in control of the ball  higher up the pitch.

20 hours ago, Davefevs said:

FWIW I was worried about starting COD tI day against their 3 of Pack, Bacuna and Ralls, but Ralls replacement with Tomlin meant we had a bit more room in the middle of the pitch.

As a midfielder I thought that was as committed performance I’ve seen from Callum.

2nd highest touches in a City shirt (behind Josh), 4th over both sides.

359FA967-F6EF-415D-A525-02FE15132AF1.thumb.jpeg.c025022ba370c2054f568264cf36c40e.jpeg

Lots of green icons - ball wins and clearances.  Played an important role today.

i don't see how anyone can have more room with tomlin on the pitch. he packs a penalty area on his own

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Very rarely an end product with him. Tomlin did more than him.

O'Dowda produced plenty of runs and got the ball travelling forward himself. Tomlin tried a few fancy dribbles but ran into our midfield.

Tomlin's best days are behind him and O'Dowda's are ahead  

I thought he was great against Cardiff.

We need players who can take the game to the opposition & COD is a player who can do that.

He has been in recent times asked to play and cover in a variety of positions because of the injuries we have and I think this is lost on some fans who seem to expect him to be dribbling past defenders all of the time.

I think with our current injury situation starting to ease it will help him getting back to playing in a position more suitable to his strengths.

3 minutes ago, Sturny said:

O'Dowda produced plenty of runs and got the ball travelling forward himself. Tomlin tried a few fancy dribbles but ran into our midfield.

Tomlin's best days are behind him and O'Dowda's are ahead  

I'm not saying Tomlin is a better player but he did more yesterday. COD ran a lot but produced little.

Not been his biggest advocate recently but he stood out for me yesterday spinning out from midfield and driving forward at times.

So one footed its criminal sometimes. When he turned away and spread the ball out to Rowe a couple times we got in and caused problems.

Would like him to drift wider sometimes in possession to double up but cant say he didnt work hard in the middle yesterday.

More to come from him now, let's see how he takes this opportunity. 

1 hour ago, Offside said:

I find O’Dowda frustrating (he’s got undoubted potential but is inconsistent), but one thing I’ve always liked about him is the defensive side of his game - always seeming to be willing to track back and help out the full-back. 

I remember going to Turf Moor in the FA cup a couple of years ago when he was reletively new to us. Despite "premiership" opposition he showed confidence and playing on his natural left side was one of the few of our players that bothered Burnley that day. I've always rated his natural talent and now that the contract bullsh##t is sorted out and he has physically bulked out he will prove an invaluable asset to us if we go up... Also, he's not too injury prone (so far)

20 hours ago, Super said:

Very rarely an end product with him. Tomlin did more than him.

This is football, not basketball. Goals are hard to come by in football. Even then top players dont get loads of assists and goals per game so I think your being a little bit optimistic if you think a BC player is going to constantly deliver a end product, especially a winger playing in midfield. 

Archived