IGNORED

Nagy

Lez

Makes a massive difference.

He was rusty, gave the ball away on occasions.....but positionally he is top notch and helps with structure defensively. Doesnt wonder, keeps his shape talks to players just what we have needed and no surprise we looked so much more secure than Barnsely.

Not the player we had seen glimpses earlier in the season, but I think he deserves a little leeway and is bound to be rusty, but he could be massively important from now in. Now we have a player to sit a little, this allows us to play all sorts of formations just in front on Nagy. Brownhill , COD and HNM can rotate or even play a 3 as they can all get forward. Looking forward to a fully fit squad, could be very exciting.

15 minutes ago, Lez said:

Makes a massive difference.

He was rusty, gave the ball away on occasions.....but positionally he is top notch and helps with structure defensively. Doesnt wonder, keeps his shape talks to players just what we have needed and no surprise we looked so much more secure than Barnsely.

This...

12 minutes ago, eardun said:

Nagy playing also means Brownhill can play further forward and he will get more goals like today. 

...and this.

There was of course rustiness, but positionally very good.  A couple of occasions where he made that first time forward pass, that gave our forwards players a chance to come of their man, receive, and even turn on the ball.  He’ll improve with more game time.

Please - Hungary - don't **** him up.

Was blogging the game so didn't see much of him in possession as your head's down but the number of times you saw him just get himself in the right position around the edge of the box was really impressive. Have a feeling we might have lost the midfield battle without him.

2 minutes ago, Red said:

One hurdle out of the way, after an injury layoff he was always going to be quiet, the game will do him or us no harm.

Exactly. We won he did well but can play better. We know this so does he.

We are not to far short of a team that can challenge for top two if he can keep fit.

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He still needs to adjust to the pace of the Championship I feel - once or twice he thought he had a lot more time than he did and got caught. All in all though a tidy performance after being out for so long.

He had the pace nailed in the early games - just the injury made him rusty today.

13 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

His upcoming Game for Hungary would be good for us now, help to get him match fit.

Haha....the irony of that now he’s back fit!!  Hungary’s games could work in our favour.

But if I had the chance I’d wrap him up in cotton wool.

Yep !   Agree with many posters here, rusty and gave the ball away cheaply on few occasions and not like the player i saw last AUGUST !!  Forgot what he looked like. But over coming weeks he  will get that match fitness back for sure.

On the Nagy injury thread I sort of suggested, hinted, hoped,  he may well be back and no way would LJ announce that fact before the day.  I expected to see him on bench and was surprised to see him start.

(I got that  half right but when LJ took MW off I posted that's our threat gone, and bang,  in it  flies off Joshs right foot  !  hey Ho !)  

Archived