IGNORED

Tatics

That Louie Donowa goal

1 hour ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Lee gets some stick but formation and personal spot on today 

Might have put on Bailey Wright instead of Palmer to help keep Cardiff at bay. Also with four minutes of extra time starting, put on a final sub, perhaps Eliason instead of Weiman just to slow play down a bit.

2 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Might have put on Bailey Wright instead of Palmer to help keep Cardiff at bay. Also with four minutes of extra time starting, put on a final sub, perhaps Eliason instead of Weiman just to slow play down a bit.

He wasn’t in the 18 ?

32 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He wasn’t in the 18 ?

Cissee and Scott Murray were on the bench as well. Jamie Mac was chomping at the bit for a cameo in the last five. LJ didn’t fancy it though! Luckily WECOULDNTDO

1 hour ago, That Louie Donowa goal said:

Lee gets some stick but formation and personal spot on today 

LJ is a thinking man manager and is far more qualified than yer average football fan to decide on what tactics/formation/shape to employ in any given game.......but lots of posters feel ‘qualified’ to pass comment on the decisions he’s made...........:cool2:

It makes me smile......it really does..........:laughcont:

44 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

He might have, but thankfully he didn't! Palmer held Cardiff at bay, and in their own half, just what we needed. And he didn't need to bring on a sub, with the extra time that would have added, Cardiff did it for us by giving away two very cheap free kicks that meant we could slow it down without risking an extra minute.

I've had reservations about some of LJ's tactics before but he got it pretty well spot on today.

I never really felt in danger of conceding, beyond one or 2 dangerous moments- we were compact enough and still had a threat on the break. Putting Palmer on certainly helped, having Nagy back made a good difference- we had some good stability. Because a goal up away to a Warnock side it can be quite nervy, balls into the box, lots of intense pressure, a bit like the Alamo- but was reasonably comfortable.

If I was being uber picky- and I won't- but I would wonder whether we could have had more possession. That's a positive though, a lot of capacity for growth and improvement in this side still- remember how injury hit we've been this year! We were nice and compact though, Watkins was an outlet for a while, O'Dowda was an outlet though the middle,. Rowe got the assist on Brownhill's excellent strike- was good.

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I've been a doubter of LJ's tactics before but he got it pretty well spot on today.

I bet he’s delighted to see that.

Btw - what qualifies you or any other poster to judge the decisions of a fully qualified coach?   

What coaching badges to you have?...........:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Btw - what qualifies you or any other poster to judge the decisions of a fully qualified coach?   

Fair play taking the piss out of yourself Robbo. Shame LJ probably doesn't seem like the kind of manager to ask forum members to step into his office though.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I dunno if I can be bothered to get into this today as it's a great win despite all of our injury travails and risk to burn out of other players this season.

Fans however watch a lot of football and gain tactical understanding though. I watch not only English football but quite a bit of football in CL and BT Sport means I saw varied European Leagues also- styles, tactics, etc- I've got a reasonable idea, far from alone in that either- fans are a lot more astute and aware tactically than perhaps they get credit for- all have different interpretations and views of course, but if a manager is getting it persistently wrong, too easy to play through, too exposed high line- they'll know! Well, most will know...

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I dunno if I can be bothered to get into this today as it's a great win despite all of our injury travails and risk to burn out of other players this season.

Fans however watch a lot of football and gain tactical understanding though. I watch not only English football but quite a bit of football in CL and BT Sport means I saw varied European Leagues also- styles, tactics, etc- I've got a reasonable idea, far from alone in that either- fans are a lot more astute and aware tactically than perhaps they get credit for- all have different interpretations and views of course, but if a manager is getting it persistently wrong, too easy to play through, too exposed high line- they'll know!

Just should’ve replied with “Danny Mills”

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fans however watch a lot of football and gain tactical understanding though. I watch not only English football but quite a bit of football in CL and BT Sport means I saw varied European Leagues also- styles, tactics, etc- I've got a reasonable idea, far from alone in that either- fans are a lot more astute and aware tactically than perhaps they get credit for- all have different interpretations and views of course, but if a manager is getting it persistently wrong, too easy to play through, too exposed high line- they'll know! Well, most will know...

You don't need to justify yourself. Anyone anywhere is allowed an opinion on anything, apart from under Kim Jong-Robbo's rule apparently.

And unless our resident comedian has a short memory he's on the wind-up after making himself look like a bit of a tit 14 years ago

An unqualified opinion.

Does he or you ‘advise’ your GP what condition you have and then advise the doctor that they’ve made the wrong call?

Everyone on this forum, ironically including yourself, has an 'unqualified opinion'

Stop making yourself look stupid.

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I’ll reiterate my point - what qualifies you or any of us without any professional football experience as a player and without coaching badges to pass judgement on those that do?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I’ll reiterate my point - what qualifies you or any of us without any professional football experience as a player and without coaching badges to pass judgement on those that do?

A question a previous manager could have put to you. When you are in a hole stop digging.

Given your fondness of commenting on Bristol City chants I can only assume you were a chorister at St Paul's Cathedral

Archived