IGNORED

Well, that wasn't too bad was it? ....

WhistleHappy

Just now, 1960maaan said:

Have to say , that's nervous as I've been watching on TV.  Just expecting Flint, Tomlin or Pack to score, but fair play we defended really well.

******* Love it 

I kicked and headed every ball, as did my dad....but I was more relaxed than normal.  I think that was because when did pass the ball / were allowed to pass the ball, we played some nice stuff.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I kicked and headed every ball, as did my dad....but I was more relaxed than normal.  I think that was because when did pass the ball / were allowed to pass the ball, we played some nice stuff.

TBF, my language wasn't as bad as some days watching us on TV, even so I did go into the 'other' room so the Wife could watch some rubbish and not have me scream in her ears. 
Who got MoM, you or your Dad :laughcont:

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We were so much better once we bought Watkins off . Changed the game 

Really.  He worked hard, did ok with scant service.  Some good moments early on.  I didn’t think much changed after the sub, other than we had a couple of breaks, and Josh’s wondergoal.

4 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

TBF, my language wasn't as bad as some days watching us on TV, even so I did go into the 'other' room so the Wife could watch some rubbish and not have me scream in her ears. 
Who got MoM, you or your Dad :laughcont:

My dad kicked all the stray passes, and I kicked all the successful ones ???

1 minute ago, Montpelierblue said:

Predicted this.....bad day hey

Well done for showing up here after your loss.

You actually look a very ordinary side and miss, like we do , a top striker ( strange that you let Reid go out to a competitor) 

It was pretty much even Stevens I thought though Brownhill’s goal was worthy of winning the match .

Bogle was excellent...

for us .

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really.  He worked hard, did ok with scant service.  Some good moments early on.  I didn’t think much changed after the sub, other than we had a couple of breaks, and Josh’s wondergoal.

Really? I just thought the ball seemed to stick a bit more up top. We took back a bit more control in the middle to.

Watkins is no where near good enough for this level  

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don't think you understand the rules on here Dave. There has to be at least one scapegoat, even when we win. At half time the whole team was "terrible....clueless going forward" and we had "no-one who can create anything" according to Andy on the matchday thread, so at least there's was some improvement second half!!

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I don't think you understand the rules on here Dave. There has to be at least one scapegoat, even when we win. At half time the whole team was "terrible....clueless going forward" and we had "no-one who can create anything" according to Andy on the matchday thread, so at least there's was some improvement second half!!

Same old negative rubbish as every match thread I take it then??

39 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Same old negative rubbish as every match thread I take it then??

It's quite unbelievable, isn't it. I thought it was just me,  and I get that when we're behind people will get upset in the heat of the moment. But at half time today we were still very much in the game against a side that hasn't lost at home all season, and you'd honestly have thought we were drawing with a side from, say, the National League! Everything was awful, LJ picked the wrong players, bla..bla...bla. 

For me, even first half today you could see that we'd come with the right approach, players who know what they needed to do and stuck to the task: yes Nagy was rusty, but that was a hell of a difficult first game back after a long lay off, and he still gave us a feeling of greater stability. Yes, Taylor Moore has played well recently, but that back 3 gave us the height we need (no Diedhiou, three goals conceded in two games from corners), I'm no huge COD fan but I thought he had a superb game today (yet was apparently a waste of space and offers nothing...). I said at half time that I thought I was watching a different game to some on that thread.

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Have to say , that's nervous as I've been watching on TV.  Just expecting Flint, Tomlin or Pack to score, but fair play we defended really well.

******* Love it 

Funny isn't it. I was at the game and was very relaxed. You can't do anything about a shot out of the blue, as Cardiff found out, but I felt we dealt with their set piece threat well (despite Pack's excellent corner delivery - why didn't he take them for us) and with Hoillet and Mendez-Laing out wide. Of the two sides I thought we were the most controlled and posed some real threat with direct running. 

Archived