IGNORED

Player Ratings V Cardiff

And Its Smith

Bentley 7 - didn’t have much to do really but what he had to do he did well

Pereira 8 - his best game for us I thought. Excellent in attack and defence 

Kalas 7 - solid and uncomplicated 

Williams 8 - Marshalled the defence superbly 

Baker 8 - dealt with everything that Flint and Cardiff threw at him. Thought he was superb 

Rowe 7 - good outlet first half. Defended well all game 

Nagy 6 - sloppy first half but much needed presence second 

Brownhill 8 - the winning goal marks him up a point. Captains display 

COD 7 - worked so hard and carried ball very well 

Watkins 5 - a nuisance but not much else 

Weimann 7 - as hard running as ever 

Subs
Palmer 7 - exactly what we needed when he came on. Held onto ball well, an outlet and tackled well too 

Moore 6 - not on very long 

Johnson - excellent tactics and in hindsight the perfect team selection  

Similar range of marks from me.

Think Bentley might need to come and take / punch one or two crosses at times to alleviate pressure, but as long as his defenders know he’s staying put, then that’s ok.

Thought Pereira, Williams and Brownhill (even w/o his goal) were our standouts today.

Rowe also good, especially first half on the ball, second half w/o it....and another assist.  Good give and go off of Palmer too, before the pass to Josh.

O’Dowda, needs to be at that level week in week out.

Johnson hopefully seeing evidence that you can keep predominantly the same system throughout the 90 and make adjustments.  Moore for Pereira...same position but to cover us aerially.  Palmer for Watkins w/o really changing the system.  I want to see that more.  It certainly was not the game for Eliasson imho, and he rightly remained on the bench.

11 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Bentley 7 - didn’t have much to do really but what he had to do he did well

Pereira 8 - his best game for us I thought. Excellent in attack and defence 

Kalas 7 - solid and uncomplicated 

Williams 8 - Marshalled the defence superbly 

Baker 8 - dealt with everything that Flint and Cardiff threw at him. Thought he was superb 

Rowe 7 - good outlet first half. Defended well all game 

Nagy 6 - sloppy first half but much needed presence second 

Brownhill 8 - the winning goal marks him up a point. Captains display 

COD 7 - worked so hard and carried ball very well 

Watkins 5 - a nuisance but not much else 

Weimann 7 - as hard running as ever 

Subs
Palmer 7 - exactly what we needed when he came on. Held onto ball well, an outlet and tackled well too 

Moore 6 - not on very long 

Johnson - excellent tactics and in hindsight the perfect team selection  

Bentley - 7 Did everything well

Pereira - 8 Fantastic at everything he did. Very quick, decent strength for someone so young. Decision making impresses me too.

Rowe - 7 Best performance I have seen from him at wing back. Isn't likely to beat his man or work that yard, so will at times have crosses blocked. But did excellently on goal, defended well.

Kalas - 8 Much better from him. Absolutely dominant

Williams - 8 Fantastic game. What a block 2nd half.

Baker - 7 Should have given away pen. Few dodgy headers, one where he flicked it on for their player. Struggled first half with Bogle. Much better as game went on.

Nagy - 5 Have to say it how I see it. He looked like a player needing minutes. Caught a few times. Could see the odd glimpse of a player he may be when fit.

Brownhill - 7 Got better as game went on. Like O'Dowda can be slightly sloppy every now and then. But has those battling qualities that gets us wins like this.

O'Dowda - 7 Very good battling performance. Close to an 8 but final third he didn't quite do it. Though that shot he had blocked I thought he did the right thing and was unlucky.

Weimann - 7 Hard to score Andi. Fantastic off the ball. Really really impressive last 20 minutes or so, and much better when Kasey came on. Missed a bit of a sitter really and poor pass to O'Dowda who should have been in.

Watkins - 6 Decent performance. If only he was a bit quicker. Impressive strength, work rate and surprisingly decent on the ball imo. Just lacked a bit of pace at times.

SUBS

Moore - 6 Not on long but looked slow. Surprised that change was made

Palmer - 8 Fantastic. I think we concede if we don't bring on Kasey. He really worked hard and got some promising counters going.

Archived