IGNORED

Championship Table

Davefevs

5131747D-6AF1-4F7F-803B-1B541A6A2600.thumb.jpeg.dd281c86758f6f08a27eae3a4c739c84.jpeg

16 games in.

6th place, 2 points ahead of Fulham, 3 ahead of Wednesday.

Looks so much healthier than 22 hours ago.

We’ve also only played 7 at home (I think our home form is improving too) and 9 away.

Unbeaten in 4 after the reverse at Luton...2 wins, 2 draws...is a good response.  You can’t be fussy who you get your points against.  Had we won last week and drew today, we’d still have the same points, yet this seems more satisfying.

The hope is now that with players returning from injury we cement our place in the top 6.

All with up to 6 first team players out . 
When we come back we could have a fit Korey, a fully match fit Nagy and Kalas. Fam available and Rodri getting fitter.  Hunt back in contention and JD close to fitness.

When you look at it, a good bit of business in January and we could actually make a serious push. Potentially exciting 2nd half of the season coming up. 

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

5131747D-6AF1-4F7F-803B-1B541A6A2600.thumb.jpeg.dd281c86758f6f08a27eae3a4c739c84.jpeg

16 games in.

We’ve also only played 7 at home (I think our home form is improving too) and 9 away.

Unbeaten in 4 after the reverse at Luton...2 wins, 2 draws...is a good response.  You can’t be fussy who you get your points against.  Had we won last week and drew today, we’d still have the same points, yet this seems more satisfying.

The hope is now that with players returning from injury we cement our place in the top 6.

Add to that we have the best goal keeper in the league 

williams has signed for the rest of the season 

and like you said some key players to come back 

never a better time to be a city fan 

plus rovers could only manage a draw against a non league team with a crowd of under 4000

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW 

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

plus rovers could only manage a draw against a non league team, who decided to take one of their players off and play with 10 men, to try and even things up a bit, with a crowd of under 4000

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW 

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Nice position for City to be in after 16 games but nothing is won in November with 30 Championship to go.

That said.....so far, so good.....

I think you're under selling it @Robbored , we have done brilliantly to be where we are, with the injuries we have had to cope with, nothing short of amazing really.  I do agree it means nothing just yet but praise where praise is due, great effort so far.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

16 games in.

Ah but where do the all important XG tables have us? I have been led to believe that this is the KPI we all must adhere too. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think you're under selling it @Robbored , we have done brilliantly to be where we are, with the injuries we have had to cope with, nothing short of amazing really.  I do agree it means nothing just yet but praise where praise is due, great effort so far.

I agree that given the injuries that City have done well to be in an excellent position after 16 games.

My comment is simply a realistic one - we’re not Swindon fans after all.........:cool2:

I’m as optimistic as any City fan but not getting too carried away with just a third of the season gone so far.

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree with you Dave. Whilst it certainly didn't seem to me like a point gained at the final whistle at Barnsley game (!) it most definitely does feel like a massive 3 points today. And very satisfying. 28 from 16 is a very decent return.

What's needed for promotion is to turn those Wigan and Barnsley draws into wins. Which should be perfectly possible.

Good to see Nagy back today.

31 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

plus rovers could only manage a draw against a non league team with a crowd of under 4000

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW 

We desperately need Afobe back, or a decent replacement in January. Then I think we have a very decent chance of the top 2

24 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

We desperately need Afobe back, or a decent replacement in January. Then I think we have a very decent chance of the top 2

Thought I heard a rumour that Arsenal were think8ng if recalling Nketiah in Jan as he isn’t playing enough. Did I dream that?

1 hour ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Notoriously difficult to sign good strikers in the summer let alone in January. I think we'll either have to take a massive gamble on an unfancied/soon to be out of contract player (the Diony) or bring one of our loanees back if we have that option. Failing that either Semenyeo, Rodri or Marley Watkins will have to start looking the part.

28 minutes ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

Yet we are 4th highest scorers and have more goals than Leeds, Swansea and Forest. It's the number we have conceded that is keeping us out of the top 2. More clean sheets could be at least as important as a striker 

7 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

Thought I heard a rumour that Arsenal were think8ng if recalling Nketiah in Jan as he isn’t playing enough. Did I dream that?

There were a lot of comments, innuendos , and some wishful thinking, can't see it myself.
I did read Arsenal were not happy at his lack of game time, I read they even had representatives at a game he didn't play in. I also read they have a call back clause and I think that's where the rumours come from. Would be a big call, although I think unless he was a complete dud (unlikely) he would be guaranteed more minutes here than at Leeds. 
Would be very good for us, could be good for him, personally still don't see it though.

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yet we are 4th highest scorers and have more goals than Leeds, Swansea and Forest. It's the number we have conceded that is keeping us out of the top 2. More clean sheets could be at least as important as a striker 

Percisely this, had we had Kalas, Nagy and Dasilva avaliable for the season up till now, I'm positive we'd have conceded a few less.

Goals aren't so much a problem at the moment, we just need to get our injured back, match fit and firing.

We lost 4 points totally crap, against Wigan and Barnsley, with that points we could be 2nd. We do not have a great football on the pitch, and sometimes luck is with us sometimes against us. We need our players back and at least 2 transfers during the winter window. A striker is a must. 

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

With you there CP.  Today we didn’t give up too many good chances.  Bentley positioned well for a Bogle header in first half, and he would’ve got the one Pereira blocked.

Of course they rattled two long shots off the bar....but Bentley had little to do.

DCCA7673-F82A-4E9B-A3A9-612AAA643754.thumb.jpeg.eb427ef9074fc98f5afa49b7c3e666e6.jpeg

Yes, we scored a worldie, but Nelson’s block on O’Dowda, as good as Williams on Hoilett (???) also.

We looked pretty solid (normally I’m really nervous watching us on the telly).  Kalas will be firing after the break, Nagy will be more efficient with the ball in front of them too.  Moore will probably rotate with Baker based on opponent / home or away, etc.

Things looking good.

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With you there CP.  Today we didn’t give up too many good chances.  Bentley positioned well for a Bogle header in first half, and he would’ve got the one Pereira blocked.

Of course they rattled two long shots off the bar....but Bentley had little to do.

DCCA7673-F82A-4E9B-A3A9-612AAA643754.thumb.jpeg.eb427ef9074fc98f5afa49b7c3e666e6.jpeg

Yes, we scored a worldie, but Nelson’s block on O’Dowda, as good as Williams on Hoilett (???) also.

We looked pretty solid (normally I’m really nervous watching us on the telly).  Kalas will be firing after the break, Nagy will be more efficient with the ball in front of them too.  Moore will probably rotate with Baker based on opponent / home or away, etc.

Things looking good.

Yeah we didn't see the balls flashing across our goal mouth this time! Them hitting the wood work was from range so not like we've given them chances. It felt more controlled even if we were sloppy at times (Bentley's kicking, scuffed clearances etc)

1 hour ago, Mihai said:

We lost 4 points totally crap, against Wigan and Barnsley, with that points we could be 2nd. We do not have a great football on the pitch, and sometimes luck is with us sometimes against us. We need our players back and at least 2 transfers during the winter window. A striker is a must. 

Every team from 4th to around 12th will be saying the same. This is an incredibly tough league. We all know we need a striker in Jan, it's getting the right one that's the problem.

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

True, but the point therefor still valid they had we had afobe I feel we would have scored more and therefor conceding would not be as much an issue. 

Same equation however.

3 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

FOREVER IN OUR SHADOW 

Aw c'mon, be fair, they were up against the mighty Bromley.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Things looking good.

I know what you mean- usually it's nervous on the telly and also you'd expect a late battering by Cardiff to try and salvage the game.

There wasn't really one of those and in no small part, it was down to our general compactness and game management IMO.

Archived