IGNORED

Best Value For Money?

Port Said Red

Tommy Rowe. He is proving to be the best signing made looking at the current squad and the value he brings to the team.

I wouldn't argue against Basso though. I remember getting late to the County Ground dump when it was announced Steve Phillips was dropped in favour of a Brazilian goalkeeper. Up until that point there had arguably never been a good Brazilian keeper, it was a bit of a paradox until Basso came along. 

10 minutes ago, Swede said:

Tommy Rowe. He is proving to be the best signing made looking at the current squad and the value he brings to the team.

I wouldn't argue against Basso though. I remember getting late to the County Ground dump when it was announced Steve Phillips was dropped in favour of a Brazilian goalkeeper. Up until that point there had arguably never been a good Brazilian keeper, it was a bit of a paradox until Basso came along. 

Taffarel? 

World Cup winner and runner up, 100 international caps, 2 Copa Americas, Uefa cup, Super cup and Cup winners cup, several league titles and domestic cup wins.

Dida? 

Another world cup and Copa America winner, 2 Champions League and Super cup wins as well as several league and domestic cup wins.

Dida was more prone to an individual error, but both were top class goalkeepers.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Taffarel? 

World Cup winner and runner up, 100 international caps, 2 Copa Americas, Uefa cup, Super cup and Cup winners cup, several league titles and domestic cup wins.

Dida? 

Another world cup and Copa America winner, 2 Champions League and Super cup wins as well as several league and domestic cup wins.

Dida was more prone to an individual error, but both were top class goalkeepers.

And both twice the goalkeeper Basso ever was

7 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I must say, I am very happy with my g-tech upright cordless vacuum. Excellent value for money. And a washing machine from John Lewis, lasted 14 years, again, value for money.

My m & s slippers though, from the kids, falling to pieces after about 15 months. Poor

This John Lewis?  Very generous!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenell_John-Lewis

Best value for money ?

Tom Richie.

It was 1969 and the club wanted his brother Steve who was 15 at the time, a Scottish schoolboy international and highly sought after. But his family insisted that Tom was part of the deal.

The family moved down and ran a "guest house" for City apprentices from outside Bristol.

Steve didn't really work out, but Tom became a mainstay in the first team, eventually in the top division.

Cost nowt really but a key part of Citys team for years and around 400 appearances and over 100 goals.

Archived