IGNORED

Ashley Williams, What à signing .

Major Isewater

Immense today. Dont think he put a foot wrong. Boo'd by the Welsh every time he had the ball but it made no odds. Brilliant block late on too. And his joy at full time told me all I need to know. He wants to play for us. That is all !

3 minutes ago, KevP said:

Immense today. Dont think he put a foot wrong. Boo'd by the Welsh every time he had the ball but it made no odds. Brilliant block late on too. And his joy at full time told me all I need to know. He wants to play for us. That is all !

Back three today were immense . Williams great.

Kalas  is like a Ref the less you here his name the better he is. Such a controlled player always in the right spot, never hurried,  simple pass.

Love to watch his understated performances.

12 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I was hugely skeptical after last season, thought his legs had gone.

I was totally wrong, he has been magnificent, talks to everyone around him and encourages all of them.

He is a leader of men with vast experience and that is something we needed.

I was happy to have him in as an extra, experienced body and option, I'd be lying if I said I knew he would be as good as he has been. He has been a wonderful signing and was superb today.

41 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

I was happy to have him in as an extra, experienced body and option, I'd be lying if I said I knew he would be as good as he has been. He has been a wonderful signing and was superb today.

I agree. Total leader. Constantly talking to Kalas and Baker, put his body on the line and now he seems settled, what a player he seems. Totally won me over...

Can he play up front?

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I was hugely skeptical after last season, thought his legs had gone.

I was totally wrong, he has been magnificent, talks to everyone around him and encourages all of them.

He is a leader of men with vast experience and that is something we needed.

I am definitely in this boat.

He has been superb for us

Yep, his experience has been invaluable and he’s one of our best performers at present. Plenty didn’t want him when he was rumoured to be signing - that previous thread on his signing has now shown how mis-informed many on here are and how many don’t really know what they’re talking about.... he will be a key player for us this season, a constant rock while personnel around him changes 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

that previous thread on his signing has now shown how mis-informed many on here are and how many don’t really know what they’re talking about....

Clearly an impressive, yes an important addition. Agree on that.

Concerns around age combined with a highish to high line are perfectly valid however- a player of the calibre of Terry had just that under AVB for example. Terry was never the quickest granted...

I know I've got it...Geoffrey Cox is that you? Never knew you were a fan but then we do have some Devon Reds! :yes:

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I'm beginning to think maybe we keep him on another year. If he plays like this all season, then I imagine that will be the plan.

Agreed. A further year, and maybe an entry onto the coaching staff. He is the sort of player who I think would make an excellent coach. As others have said, constantly talking to those around him.

He has been excellent since he signed, and it's very apparent that kept himself fit while he had no club as he was part of the match day squad straight away.

His desire to prolong his international career is obvious, and city are reaping the benefits.

Whilst he is a little older, it reminds me of the impact Shaun Taylor had when he came here all those years ago.

If he stays fit then I would love to see him given a contract extension with a view to getting him involved behind the scenes, that level of experience at high level is worth loads to up and coming players.

I think the biggest concern for a lot of people was a lack of pace in a fast paced Championship.

But when you can read the game as well as he does and put yourself in the right position every time, pace becomes a little bit more irrelevant.

Superb addition both on and off the field and great work again by the recruitment team.

Archived