IGNORED

Ashley Williams, What à signing .

Major Isewater

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Has turned out to be an inspired signing but I would add Tommy Rowe to that list also. Thought both were terrific last night. 

What an unexpected bargain, what an unsung hero.

We knew he was decent technically and had some experience at this level but his output alone has been well in excess of I reckon most expectations- especially as he has tended to play in a position that isn't his favoured one- originally signed as a bit of experienced midfield cover, with possible backup at LB at a push- never was it suggested that he'd be covering at LWB though.

2 goals and 2 assists already.

All 3 at the back were brilliant and just did the basics well. Cardiff played like Cardiff do lots of long stuff and those 3 can gobble that up all day. Williams has been a really good and needed addition and looked like he loved it. Still worries me a bit when you have a whippet type striker against him. However, I'd guess we wouldn't play those 3 in that scenario. 

As one of the Williams Naysayers I will gladly eat a large slice of humble pie and admit I was totally wrong. watching from behind the goal yesterday Williams was immense and was my MOM although there were several candidates. Against Wigan I kept hearing a player shouting and yelling at colleagues above the noise of the crowd. It was Williams constantly talking to those around him. Yes he has been a very astute signing and will make a big difference between now and the end of the season Well done Lee and team.

5 hours ago, supercidered said:

All 3 at the back were brilliant and just did the basics well. Cardiff played like Cardiff do lots of long stuff and those 3 can gobble that up all day. Williams has been a really good and needed addition and looked like he loved it. Still worries me a bit when you have a whippet type striker against him. However, I'd guess we wouldn't play those 3 in that scenario. 

Funny how we can see the same game and think so differently. I was actually impressed with Cardiff and thought WE were the ones hitting it long. Cardiff played some neat passing at times and I was surprised, impressed and worried!

its a funny old game...........

13 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I'm beginning to think maybe we keep him on another year. If he plays like this all season, then I imagine that will be the plan.

Agree totally.  So influential keep him on 18 month deal.  It will have been noted elsewhere how well he’s doing. No matter where we end up his experience is invaluable 

2 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Funny how we can see the same game and think so differently. I was actually impressed with Cardiff and thought WE were the ones hitting it long. Cardiff played some neat passing at times and I was surprised, impressed and worried!

its a funny old game...........

Yep.  They could have had two as well with great strikes, 3” lower and bit different. If’s and buts, and those small margins they spout on about, but true. 
LJ alluded himself lacked quality but more than made up for it elsewhere being a good championship tussle.  Cardiff will I suspect be around top six, as will we.

10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

What an unexpected bargain, what an unsung hero.

We knew he was decent technically and had some experience at this level but his output alone has been well in excess of I reckon most expectations- especially as he has tended to play in a position that isn't his favoured one- originally signed as a bit of experienced midfield cover, with possible backup at LB at a push- never was it suggested that he'd be covering at LWB though.

2 goals and 2 assists already.

3 assists Imho, brought down for Afobe’s pen v Hull.

Archived