IGNORED

Warnock Gone

Maesknoll Red

Just now, BristolBEAT said:

I'm another who see's this as shame. 

If Warnock does retire I'd like to see him down the gate and come on the pitch before the game for a standing ovation. It's not hatred, he's always loved our club and fans in a pantomime sort of way. I'd hope our fans would give him this for all the years service.

Eh?

I generally believe he's a nice bloke, Warnock's style of football has always left me cold. But he has been successful, and he's good at the mind games. Despite the impression, I don't believe he's ever said anything 'off the cuff' with every comment designed to engender a response. I'll miss the banter. 

3 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

If Warnock does retire I'd like to see him down the gate and come on the pitch before the game for a standing ovation. It's not hatred, he's always loved our club and fans in a pantomime sort of way. I'd hope our fans would give him this for all the years service.

U wot m8?

12 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would be a shame if he retires. I know there's this whole Pantomime villain dislike between him and Bristol City (which is a well rehearsed act to divert attention away from his players), but he's a real character and a good man too.

His autobiography is a good read, he has a lot of respect for our club despite all the history.

Perfect ending though, first home defeat of the season, to Bristol City. ?

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Cardiff are proper ******. 3 transfer window ban. Old as **** squad, full of shit one dimensional players that Warnock signed 

Transfer window ban? I was completely unaware of this. Why is this?

9 minutes ago, BristolBEAT said:

Cracks a terrible drug 

Bristol city ending Colin's career . Fantastic 

24 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Thought something was up yesterday 

seemed a bit passive to me 

I said on another thread, there was a player behind him on the bench, texting or something on his phone, I thought he would go ballistic if he saw him, but the player didn’t seem concerned.

21 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I generally believe he's a nice bloke, Warnock's style of football has always left me cold. But he has been successful, and he's good at the mind games. Despite the impression, I don't believe he's ever said anything 'off the cuff' with every comment designed to engender a response. I'll miss the banter. 

I'm with you mate. I like the bloke.

His football, however, is utter dogshit.

What would the game be like if every other manager played the game like him ?

Gates would drop, TV audiences collapse, and the game would slowly die.

I hope he calls it a day now, together with Pulis and Hollowhead.

No room for dinosaur football anymore.

BS4 on Tour will be along shortly ................... 

I like the bloke as well. 

Sometimes, he strayed beyond the line of acceptability in criticising referees but, overall, he worked to create every advantage for his Club and to protect his players in public.

The game is theatre and needs characters like Neil to provide some colour and debate. Proper ‘old school’.... not many left in the game now... but the likes of Jonhson snr. at Torquay demonstrates that management style can still be effective. 

Have a good retirement. ... but wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at Plymouth, if not as Manager, in some other capacity.

Said it before about Warnock (and Ollie in the same vein), off the pitch and away from football, two nicer blokes you couldn't meet. Both family men (Warnock leaving his job to nurse his wife through cancer and Ollie fighting tooth and nail to help his deaf daughter) and both have done a load for charities close to them.

On the pitch though, fkng wanchors.

Best of luck Neil. Hope your wife is well.

Can see Pulis getting this job. That'll be fun. :D

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Probably, although I reckon he'd be tempted by a Rotherham-style rescue mission if he was offered enough cash to do it.

And what would be the chances that a lower league club could offer him so much money to delay his imminent retirement?
Slim to none I’d suggest, now he can just bow out & spend time with his wife without any other stresses.

Archived