IGNORED

Warnock Gone

Maesknoll Red

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Disagree. 

“Two nicer blokes you couldn’t meet”. 

I’ve met plenty of blokes nicer than Holloway. You clearly don’t get out much ?

Holloway is a *** - end of! 

I meant outside of football. Just like if you saw either of them in the pub or in the shop. They would be pleasant and polite.

See Warnock or Holloway at a football stadium and give them a mouthful, expect to get a mouthful back!

2 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t disagree mate. Away from football he is apparently a cracking bloke - I know several people in Looe who know him personally and they can`t speak highly enough of him as a person. 

They aren`t football fans in the main though and haven`t had to suffer his tactics season in and season out.

Friend of mine bumped into him at a hotel in Worsley the night before (I think) Burnley v Cardiff last season. Said he was a genuinely decent and interesting man, happy to talk about all things football.

20 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not even Hitler? 

Hitler, Stalin, Saddam or any ruthless historical figure who caused so much pain and death to millions would qualify as ‘horrible’ because the evidence is there for all to see.

However RD has never met Colin but still feel qualified to call him a ‘horrible bloke’ 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would be a shame if he retires. I know there's this whole Pantomime villain dislike between him and Bristol City (which is a well rehearsed act to divert attention away from his players), but he's a real character and a good man too.

His autobiography is a good read, he has a lot of respect for our club despite all the history.

I have a lot of respect for Warnock who has a fantastic management record. However, you're right about the Pantomime villain as it begs the question;

Warnock: Wheres my career gone?

Audience: ITS BEHIND YOU!!!!

21 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Friend of mine bumped into him at a hotel in Worsley the night before (I think) Burnley v Cardiff last season. Said he was a genuinely decent and interesting man, happy to talk about all things football.

Pretty sure he predicted last season perfectly said Man City would win the league and Liverpool to win the Champions League back in November. 

14 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

This ain't a surprise is it. Sopranos prequel just gone into production. Colin been lined up for ages!!! Tony sopranos mum snuffed it in 2000.

CuwTN43WEAEJcxI.jpg:large

966311954_mrsdoubtfire.jpg.08e05b0f5caf56327493ac0fb4a562d9.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sala situation doesn't sit well with him. Clearly he WAS their player and the undignified scramble to find some issue with the paperwork to avoid paying what - morally - they owe won't (IMO) be something he's comfortable with. I remember when he took the Cardiff job after a brief chat with Dalman (CEO) and Dalman told him he would send a contact over for NW's lawyers to check ....Neil said 'I don't need that - we've shaken hands and that's good enough for me' ..  He signed Salaand I'm sure he won't be comfortable with all the shithousry. 

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Colin won't like that the last game on this CV (potentially) is a loss to little old Bristol City........top shithousing on our part! 

No need for C.V now, mixed emotions about him going out of football though, if he is, a proper football man, raw emotions, and a great man manager, even though he hasn't embraced modern tactics etc. He will be missed either way.

3 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sala situation doesn't sit well with him. Clearly he WAS their player and the undignified scramble to find some issue with the paperwork to avoid paying what - morally - they owe won't (IMO) be something he's comfortable with. I remember when he took the Cardiff job after a brief chat with Dalman (CEO) and Dalman told him he would send a contact over for NW's lawyers to check ....Neil said 'I don't need that - we've shaken hands and that's good enough for me' ..  He signed Salaand I'm sure he won't be comfortable with all the shithousry. 

I think the Sala affair had a huge bearing on his initial decision to retire.

He has been quoted as saying that if he had made him stay back in Cardiff, rather than go back to get his stuff, he'd still be alive. That's tough to deal with. 

Football will be a worse place without him in it... who can fans turn their hatred to now....any suggestions? 

2 hours ago, BristolBEAT said:

I'm another who see's this as shame. 

If Warnock does retire I'd like to see him down the gate and come on the pitch before the game for a standing ovation. It's not hatred, he's always loved our club and fans in a pantomime sort of way. I'd hope our fans would give him this for all the years service.

What the actual......?

This is easily the weirdest thing I’ve ever read on here. What next, lap of honour from Holloway and Tomlin? 

5 minutes ago, ashtonphil mk2 said:

I think the Sala affair had a huge bearing on his initial decision to retire.

He has been quoted as saying that if he had made him stay back in Cardiff, rather than go back to get his stuff, he'd still be alive. That's tough to deal with. 

Football will be a worse place without him in it... who can fans turn their hatred to now....any suggestions? 

I think the sad events around Sala affected him deeply.

I’ll be sad to see him go. A very successful manager who we’ve had a few ding dongs with over the years. The game will be worse off without him and I’ll miss his tongue in cheek-wind up comments. I bet he’d be great company to spend a few hours in a pub with.

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

I’ll be sad to see him go. A very successful manager who we’ve had a few ding dongs with over the years. The game will be worse off without him and I’ll miss his tongue in cheek-wind up comments. I bet he’d be great company to spend a few hours in a pub with.

Agree 100%

Not sure if mentioned on this thread, but please remember after we beat Palace in the play off semi he went into our dressing room and wished City the best in the final. ‘Go and win it’ were his words. And that is after being punched by a so called City fan after the pitch invasion.  That may have cost the club dearly.  
yep his teams were pretty brutal, but few managers had promotions like him.  Respect to Warnock. 

good luck to our favourite pantomime villain   

1 hour ago, Banjo Island said:

I always looked forward to warnocks interview on match of the day never pulled any punches when asked what he thought of the refs perfomance and the phantom goal at the gate a few years ago when he got right in the linos face and gave him the glasses routine hiliarious perhaps  someone could post the pic would love to see it again ????

neil-warnock-freddie-sears-ghost-goal.jpg

This is how I'll remember him!

15 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Not sure if mentioned on this thread, but please remember after we beat Palace in the play off semi he went into our dressing room and wished City the best in the final. ‘Go and win it’ were his words. And that is after being punched by a so called City fan after the pitch invasion.  That may have cost the club dearly.  
yep his teams were pretty brutal, but few managers had promotions like him.  Respect to Warnock. 

good luck to our favourite pantomime villain   

Agreed.

Hope all is well with Mrs Warnock.

I learned today that a former colleague has lost his wife of 27 years to that odious disease.

Archived