IGNORED

Warnock Gone

Maesknoll Red

24 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Cardiff hit the crossbar twice and played descent. Dont know how Cardiff thinks but sack the manager at this time and Cardiffs place in the table. He is what he is but I think he seems ok. Temperament and bad loser its the way he is. Sure he is a nice men private.

He is unequivocally a "men private," when dressed in a shell suit/on a Saturday/at work. In his comfortable slacks, Pringle v neck and slip on shoes (witH tassles) about town in Cornwall with his Mrs I don't doubt he is anything but a "men private."

3 hours ago, BristolBEAT said:

I'm another who see's this as shame. 

If Warnock does retire I'd like to see him down the gate and come on the pitch before the game for a standing ovation. It's not hatred, he's always loved our club and fans in a pantomime sort of way. I'd hope our fans would give him this for all the years service.

What a great idea, really hope we’d do the same for Holloway aswell :facepalm:

You lot seem to be enjoying this. He’s a dying breed is sir Neil, another nail in the coffin of football as we once knew it.

it was time for him to go mind, like I said the other day, something has gone in him this season and it was last year that did it.

big decision for Tan, historically he’s got more wrong than right......

1 minute ago, Montpelierblue said:

You lot seem to be enjoying this. He’s a dying breed is sir Neil, another nail in the coffin of football as we once knew it.

it was time for him to go mind, like I said the other day, something has gone in him this season and it was last year that did it.

I think you will find there is a lot of respect on here for Neil Warnock, the man.

His football, however, is shite. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Montpelierblue said:

I thinks it’s as has been already posted, the Sala affair has taken its toll, he was genuinely saddened by it, no way was he faking his upset when he was interviewed about it.  It may not be the sole reason, but I’d be very surprised if it isn’t a part of it.

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Holloway’s the man for you I think 

2 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Ha ha.:laugh:....rightio I actually like listening to him rant on on talkshiiite but not for us.

id rather bellamy, houghton or even Nathan Jones who I believe is ok just unlucky at sjoke 

I don’t , in most of our eyes he makes warnock look like mother Teresa . Utter *** of the highest order.

all joking aside about warnock, he does come across as a decent bloke away from the game . I won’t miss his style of football though. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t , in most of our eyes he makes warnock look like mother Teresa . Utter *** of the highest order.

all joking aside about warnock, he does come across as a decent bloke away from the game . I won’t miss his style of football though. 

Careful, Robbored will be onto you if you haven’t met Holloway!

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You don’t like Holloway? Proper Bristolian isn’t he? ???

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

@RedDave - as you are still posting on here but haven’t replied, I’ll assume the answer is ‘no’ - kinda makes your ‘horrible bloke’ comment rather redundant ... Neil Warnock is far from a horrible bloke ... that’s all

If you read the whole thread you will see I’ve already answered the question you asked.  Assume you know Warnock well then. What makes him so nice in your opinion?

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

No way....maybe Plymouth but he won’t go far from Cornwall now

He’s told Sol Bamba he wants another job 

13 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Careful, Robbored will be onto you if you haven’t met Holloway!

I have met a Holloway twice,.

He’s 100% Bristolian and very proud of it. Likeable guy, amusing and witty. Both were  at a presentation do’s of some sort and he was the guest speaker. 
Chatted afterwards and concluded that he’s a thoroughly decent bloke.

Just now, RedDave said:

If you read the whole thread you will see I’ve already answered the question you asked.  Assume you know Warnock well then. What makes him so nice in your opinion?

Neil Warnock has played his well-rehearsed media game for decades, he loves it, he has always been determined to deflect attention away from his players and bad performances by deliberately saying controversial things in interviews and watching journos lap it up.

He marched into a press conference at Ashton Gate with a copy of The Bristol Post under his arm and just read out LJ quotes from it and talked about how our manager/head coach was inexperienced and raw. Totally deflected the questions, very skilful.

I don’t claim to know Neil Warnock well, but throughout my working career I’ve met him a couple of times. When he’s relaxed, away from the spotlight with a beer in his hand, he’s a top bloke. He genuinely has affection for Bristol City, he thinks we are a club that deserves to be at the top. He has always admired Steve Lansdown and his plan to get City amongst the elite. He also made it quite clear that he has always wanted the chance to manage our club.

He has a great sense of humour and loves the fact that his well-rehearsed, tried and tested media antics wind up so many people (such as yourself) - he can’t believe how many fall for it and get angry at him, but that is exactly the reaction he craves, because it means he’s done his job perfectly. He takes the pressure off his players over and over and over and over again, but people still fall for it! 

Neil has gone through hell in his private life but he has still managed to cope with it whilst returning to football management and has delivered unrivalled success - averaging one promotion every four seasons over a 33 year management career. Unbelievable track record, yet lots who’ve never met him feel qualified to call him a “horrible person” ...

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Neil Warnock has played his well-rehearsed media game for decades, he loves it, he has always been determined to deflect attention away from his players and bad performances by deliberately saying controversial things in interviews and watching journos lap it up.

He marched into a press conference at Ashton Gate with a copy of The Bristol Post under his arm and just read out LJ quotes from it and talked about how our manager/head coach was inexperienced and raw. Totally deflected the questions, very skilful.

I don’t claim to know Neil Warnock well, but throughout my working career I’ve met him a couple of times. When he’s relaxed, away from the spotlight with a beer in his hand, he’s a top bloke. He genuinely has affection for Bristol City, he thinks we are a club that deserves to be at the top. He has always admired Steve Lansdown and his plan to get City amongst the elite. He also made it quite clear that he has always wanted the chance to manage our club.

He has a great sense of humour and loves the fact that his well-rehearsed, tried and tested media antics wind up so many people (such as yourself) - he can’t believe how many fall for it and get angry at him, but that is exactly the reaction he craves, because it means he’s done his job perfectly. He takes the pressure off his players over and over and over and over again, but people still fall for it! 

Neil has gone through hell in his private life but he has still managed to cope with it whilst returning to football management and has delivered unrivalled success - averaging one promotion every four seasons over a 33 year management career. Unbelievable track record, yet lots who’ve never met him feel qualified to call him a “horrible person” ...

Very nicely put....I couldn’t have put it better myself. I love the thing about his deflective tactics, I heard it about two years ago when he did a charity night in a pub.....guys a genius 

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I don`t disagree mate. Away from football he is apparently a cracking bloke - I know several people in Looe who know him personally and they can`t speak highly enough of him as a person. 

They aren`t football fans in the main though and haven`t had to suffer his tactics season in and season out.

The football his teams play is certainly toilet

57 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

You don’t like Holloway? Proper Bristolian isn’t he? ???

He’s a typical gas head , bitter and twisted. He comes across on talkSPORT as a likeable bloke but it’s all front . Always says he wants a Bristolian club in the prem and it won’t be rovers so hope we do it. It’s bollocks he hates us which is fine but don’t lie about it. 

13 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

The football his teams play is certainly toilet

.. but generally speaking they’ve been ‘toilet’ to start with.

His ability to work with limited resources and, in a short time period, deliver promotion on a consistent basis is something that should be respected.

There are very, very few Chairman in football that has the patience of Steve Lansdown to allow a manager to deliver promotion the ‘right way’.

Frankly, since that Man Utd result nobody could say our own brand of football has been anything to write home about. Indeed, for the majority of the time it has been bland, boring shite tbh. 

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I would say everyone on his earth has opinions about people they haven’t met. Assume you call everyone out who does it...

Will have to agree to disagree on Warnock it seems. Ah well. 

5 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

He’s had some good success in his career and we can’t deny that but his style of football has always been prehistoric and dreadful to watch. 

@BS4 on Tour... - Sorry, trying to edit to delete. Commented before seeing you had already weighed in on this thread.

Thought this comment might have triggered you.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

He’s a typical gas head , bitter and twisted. He comes across on talkSPORT as a likeable bloke but it’s all front . Always says he wants a Bristolian club in the prem and it won’t be rovers so hope we do it. It’s bollocks he hates us which is fine but don’t lie about it. 

Met him in person have you Stevie?    :dunno:

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would say everyone on his earth has opinions about people they haven’t met. Assume you call everyone out who does it...

Will have to agree to disagree on Warnock it seems. Ah well. 

Yep, you’ve got a point there - the way opinions about personalities, and their alleged utterances, are placed on social media these days is very cringeworthy, especially regarding politics and issues such as climate change. It’s so easy to slag off opinions and standpoints and make judgements about people you’ve never met ...

Archived